Mid Mo---pictures added

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby FireLion » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Ok, my mistake, but, Peggy's in Collins is still a great place to eat. But back to my original question, anyone organizing a caravan out of KC?
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:34 am

Hey Rich
You live down there and I'm confused. Is the camp ground on the north or south side of the lake? I had it in my head it was on the south but the more I look the more I think it is on the north. Which is it?

Firelion
We wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere but as much as I like Peggy's if the campground is on the north side of the lake Collins is about 75 miles out of the way. It would be better to go down 50 and south through Osage Beach since we have to go there to get to the park anyway.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Rich S » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:53 am

Gary, the campground is at the south-east section of the lake. To get there go to osage beach on hwy 54 then turn onto hwy 42. Follow 42 several miles to 134. This is the park entrance. Follow it past the stables and the campground entrance is on the left. Follow the main campground road to the end. It is very simple to find.
Do NOT go to Lake Ozark SP public beach #2 on hwy 54. It is on the wrong side of the lake.
Only 2 weeks. Lets all hope the weather is OK.
Rich
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks Rich
I had it in my head that it was on the south side of the lake but the more I thought about what Jeff had said about 134 the more I realized I was wrong.
Know I see the light. I get to go to my favorite Amish bulk store up on 50 hyway on the the way there.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Rich, did the campground get hit with any damage from the ice storm last go around?

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Rich S » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:16 pm

The only damage is good for us. Free firewood. I was there last week and it looks good. Brind axes and saws plenty of wood for a great fire. :thumbsup:
Rich
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WarPony » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 pm

Rich S wrote:...Bring axes and saws plenty of wood for a great fire...

Chainsaws????????
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:24 pm

WarPony wrote:
Rich S wrote:...Bring axes and saws plenty of wood for a great fire...

Chainsaws????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gosh is MO ready for this fire? 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Rich S » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:14 am

I am not sure about chainsaws in the park. I am going to brind a small electric chainsaw. If they cant hear it it does not count.
Rich
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Chainsaws!!??

Postby lwbittle » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:46 am

If we are going to be retro.... the only chainsaws of that era were humongous things that would tax the capacity of a teardrop to haul. Two or three man Titan or perhaps Homelite monsters that had two handles on the motor end and one on the bar end.....

After all a little exercise will not hurt anyone. A buck saw and an axe would provide all the wood that we would need/want....

We are preparing to make the camp out if the weather cooperates but since I am somewhat allergic to wood smoke I probably will not be available for my woodsman expertise.
:cry:

A bonfire would be nice, if I can find a spot upwind from wherever the fire is placed. One question. Is there some kind of shelter available for get togethers? This may have been addressed earlier but I haven't read all the posts....
Nothing is ever simple.....
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Postby WarPony » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:18 pm

I contacted the MO State parks about using chainsaws in the park. It would probably behoove them to let us cut the downed limbs for firewood. If not, we'll bring some down.

I'm really looking forward to this gathering, especially after the 2" of snow we got last night. I'm sick of this crap!!!!!!!

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Just got a reply from the state parks.......... cutting of trees or downed limbs is prohibited. Dahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Darren » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Cool. We don't need to cut em, just need a bigger fire ring. :twisted:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby FireLion » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:19 pm

As the day draws nearer let us each say a prayer to whomever you serve, be it God, Goddess, Great Spirit, Hairy Thunderer, The Cosmic Muffin, or whoever, that we have good weather.
This morning in KC, the snowflakes were as big as silver dollars. Kinda cool, but it soon turned to slush. I'm praying that the Great Spirit will be kind to us. We deserve it after this long, hard, crappy winter. I'll be there, rain or shine. Snow? maybe....... Yeah, hell, I'll be there.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby mrchuc » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well, Denice and I are going to try to make it to the gathering. :thumbsup: It will depend on a couple of things, but I went ahead and made a reservation--or rather I tried to. Got a system error right at the end. :x Had to email the supervisor. Hope he or she can get it fixed.

Anyway, if the weather is okay, my son's work schedule cooperates, my mother-in-law's health continues to improve, and I save a few more pennies, we will be there.

I tried to reserve site 135. I guess I will see tomorrow or more likely Tuesday whether that works out.

By the way, as it happens I am in Lake Ozark for a planning meeting for professional development for math teachers. I'm staying at the Country Club Hotel (nice). I'll try to drive through the park tomorrow to have a look before I go home.

All the best...
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to North Central