ReoRon's Kansas Campout - Crawford St Park OCT 3-4-5

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 pm

:woohoo: :relaxing: :ilovecamp: :P

I had emailed the Crawford State park earlier this week and this is the email I received back. We are in and can double. I invited Nick out to dinner too.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Group use area

Good Morning Campbell’s, the group use area should accommodate your gathering with no problem. Plenty of space to collect all your teardrops.

Nick, Crawford State Park

8)

I was also really pleased to have him confirm they had put electricity in at Lonesome point too. Next time I take all the grand kids I will go there. :twisted:

Need lots of firewood :thumbsup:

Hey Ron Image
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:09 pm

:thumbsup: Sounds like fun. I think I'll go too. :twisted:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby WarPony » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:11 pm

We're in!! Probably won't have the Widget done but I've got a couple different ones to fall back on!!

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

We wanna go too

Postby Mighty Mouse » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:53 pm

This sounds like a great time to meet some tear droppers in our neck of the woods. The tear isn't really done but it's campable and doesnt seem to leak so it's close enough. Save us a flat spot and let us know when, where and who to pay. Only got to go camping once this year and really looking forward to going again before winter hits.

Bud and Kathy
Mighty Mouse
Teardrop Builder

Kansas Campout

Postby joycecporter » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:30 pm

Sounds like fun, I won't know til closer to time, But Zane and I are gonna try to make this. It's a 5 hour drive, but I would really like to see some other teardrops. I'll post again later when we know for sure if we can be there, also let me know where to send money to reserve a spot.
joycecporter
Teardrop Inspector

Postby reo-ron » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:38 pm

I talked to Nick at CSP today and sent them a check for the "Lakeview" South Shelter Group Area. I said there is plenty of room and we CAN double up if we need to! We have ten spots included with the weekend rate. It is ours from Friday afternoon till Sunday @2:00pm . The cost will be $200 divided by the number of campers that show, ie 10 campers = $20 each , 20 campers =$10 each. If I'm by myself it'll be an expensive weekend!!haha The only other cost is a daily vehicle pass, which is $3.70 per day for two days or $7.40 . Soooo Bring yor friends the more the cheaper!
Ron-REO
PS can someone keep track of the campers who are comming so we have a roster and count. My computer skills are minimal!! THANKS
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:06 pm

reo-ron wrote:I talked to Nick at CSP today and sent them a check for the "Lakeview" South Shelter Group Area. I said there is plenty of room and we CAN double up if we need to! We have ten spots included with the weekend rate. It is ours from Friday afternoon till Sunday @2:00pm . The cost will be $200 divided by the number of campers that show, ie 10 campers = $20 each , 20 campers =$10 each. If I'm by myself it'll be an expensive weekend!!haha The only other cost is a daily vehicle pass, which is $3.70 per day for two days or $7.40 . Soooo Bring yor friends the more the cheaper!
Ron-REO
PS can someone keep track of the campers who are comming so we have a roster and count. My computer skills are minimal!! THANKS

:o :applause: That is totally awesome!

I think we have 12 so far and 3 hoped for.

Reo Ron
Julie
Bill P
Jeff and Anna
Darren
Mike and Miriam
Pete Wilson and family
Dan and Cindy Imming
Trudy and Gary
Em and Mark
Bud and Kathy
Pat (Sunday ?)
Joyce and son Zane
Glenn (hoped for)
Dennis and Jeanne
T-vicky (hopeful)
Last edited by Miriam C. on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Cool.... thanks for being "the man" Ron.

Looks like we need to get FireLion, and exMinnesota boy and kathy, and Fred n' Taz, and then the Okies... like Rickxr2 and Catoosa Grani and Jplock and Nic and ...... who ever wants to come... come on!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby reo-ron » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:11 am

Hey, the more the better!!! Nick ,at the park, says it's officially the off season and there will be plenty of room if we get carried away and need more space. Maybe we need a contest to see if we can have more teardroppers in SE Kansas than they have at that "metropolitan" camp in Texas. You know how Okies and texans have to be continuosly in competition. It just a Red River thing!
I think the Sat pot luck should be "Chef's Suprise" :thinking: . NO PRE-PLANNING! :? Bring what ya got!
Later, Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:58 am

reo-ron wrote:Hey, the more the better!!! Nick ,at the park, says it's officially the off season and there will be plenty of room if we get carried away and need more space. Maybe we need a contest to see if we can have more teardroppers in SE Kansas than they have at that "metropolitan" camp in Texas. You know how Okies and texans have to be continuosly in competition. It just a Red River thing!
I think the Sat pot luck should be "Chef's Suprise" :thinking: . NO PRE-PLANNING! :? Bring what ya got!
Later, Ron

We can have it all!!!! 8) :lol:So come on all you Topeka, KC, Tulsa and MO folks. Ron I am all for "Chef's Surprise" Can we start a list? :lol: 8) Just kidding. I am putting some fire wood out of the weather about the 15th so it will be nice and ready.

Some Kansas fishing information for those of you who want. Kansas has a day fishing permit and it is $5.50 a day. If the guard shack is open you can buy licenses there. If not get them at the Wally world or a bait shop before you get near. The surrounding towns all sell them.

Wonder if I can get them to stock the thing just for us. :lol: 8)
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Gary and I will continue the tradition ... breakfast at our place ... mountain man casserole and homemade cinnamon rolls!! Get some practice for LCG. Saturday morning about 9:00 AM. Be there! Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:05 pm

RAYVILLIAN wrote:Gary and I will continue the tradition ... breakfast at our place ... mountain man casserole and homemade cinnamon rolls!! Get some practice for LCG. Saturday morning about 9:00 AM. Be there! Trudy

Anything you want us to bring? :twisted:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:12 pm

I got an email from a friend who lives near Wichita, and he's gonna try to come out that weekend to see me and get a look at some teardrop trailers..... he's almost got the bug ! haha
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby djayh » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Got room for a some first timers from Branson MO. ?
djayh
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:35 pm

djayh wrote:Got room for a some first timers from Branson MO. ?

You bet we have room and Welcome to the playground.

So do you have names? Uh and how many so I can put you on the list.

Hey Ron where do we send money????
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to North Central