ReoRon's Kansas Campout - Crawford St Park OCT 3-4-5

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:56 pm

joycecporter wrote:Hey, looks like Zane and I will be there. We are really looking forward to it. I've never been to a gathering, so as far as food, do we do a pot luck dinner, or is everyone on their own. Just let me know, and if we do pot luck, what shall we bring?

:applause: :thumbsup: Look forward to meeting you Joyce. I think Ron said and I didn't hear any different "chef's choice" pot luck on Saturday night. Trudy makes an awsome Dutch Oven mountain man breakfast.

I don't really know what to bring but the food at these things is always great.
Last edited by Miriam C. on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:49 pm

:applause: Dennis and I (Jeanne) of course are coming but as with others, this is our first group get together. I am planning on Sat night appearing with "Bubble and Squeak" as our pot luck offering. Do we bring our own plates, forks, glasses to the potluck or does one of the group provide paper goods for all? We are closing our shop in Branson for that Friday so we can come early and set up...it's so nice to own your own business.....queenie jeanne :lol:
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Image to the playground Jeannie and Dennis. :twisted: Newbies are always welcome :thumbsup:

:twisted: Bubble and Squeak sounds fun. Don't know what it is though. :oops: :lol:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:05 pm

WOW .... it's just a week from tomorrow ???

We have to start talking FOOD ????

Friday & Friday night you're on your own... some folks might not make it in till 6 or ? pm

Saturday ... is Trudy doing breakfast Saturday ? I pm'd to bring a waffle maker so I can try some waffle making to practice for LCG.

Saturday night is the potluck .... don't feel like you have to make a TON of anything. It's helpful if there's a variety , and it's nice if those folks planning on making meats will say so .

I'm usually cheap and easy ...... likely a side dish
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Yes, plan on the breakfast on Saturday (of course ... everyone can come over Sunday too!). Gary is making his homemade cinnamon rolls and I will do the casseroles. I will bring my waffle maker too Julie and have a big box of bisquick. Anyone have a big coffee pot or want to bring juice and/or fruit ... that will be great.

I have plenty of plates and plastic ware (nice working in a doctors office where lunch is provided each day and I get to take home the extra plates/cups/plasticware .... lets see ... package of 100 plates each day ... 15 people eating each day ... well you get the idea!)

I also plan on bringing an apple cake (I didnt make it .. a friend is making it but it is awesome) for the Saturday night potluck.

Wow ... 2 great get togethers in the month of October ... I am as excited as kid the night before Christmas. Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Me too Trudy (getting excited) I have an acquaintance that should be joining us Saturday afternoon... he's excited to see some teardrops in person. Coming from the Wichita area.

I better get something done this weekend and think about what all to take.

I should be leaving okc Friday mid morning.

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:33 pm

Hey btw.... I heard a short message from Bill P .. he's been out west and said he has taken a job driving a truck and won't be able to make it to this campout or to Lake Bistineau !!! :(

But we all understand Bill.... money, health insurance, and all that.

Good luck !
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:17 pm

:applause: Weather--- :D 70's in the day and 55ish at night.... :twisted: :applause: Love this time of year. Did we decide what everyone wants to eat? I am going to practice making a DO cake at home so cross your fingers. Will be apple crisp if it sticks. :oops: :lol: We are up in the air on main course, but working on it. :twisted:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Yea! I had looked at Accuweather and for Farlington , KS and saw great warm days and slightly cool nights... looks like there is chance of rain on Sunday NIGHT... so we're good for the weekend !!!!

I've got a new tongue box added and need to get my swing jack welded on , hopefully Mon or Tues and will have at least SOME kind of improvement to show off! haha

Jules
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Darren » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:58 am

I can't wait for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new folks. We'll miss you Bill. PM me next time you're camping in the KC area.

I'm not much of a cook so my plan for the potluck is to bring some Potato Salad and Cole Slaw, Chicken Annies here I come. :thumbsup:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:00 am

Victor Star wrote:I can't wait for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new folks. We'll miss you Bill. PM me next time you're camping in the KC area.

I'm not much of a cook so my plan for the potluck is to bring some Potato Salad and Cole Slaw, Chicken Annies here I come. :thumbsup:

Is anybody do meats for Saturday night?

I"m trying to decide what to make for the potluck !!!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:25 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:
Victor Star wrote:I can't wait for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new folks. We'll miss you Bill. PM me next time you're camping in the KC area.

:thumbsup: Yes just trying to decide between Turkey and brisket or ham. :?
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Miriam C. wrote:
oklahomajewel wrote:

:thumbsup: Yes just trying to decide between Turkey and brisket or ham. :?

Miriam, you know us south central folks... as long as it's smoked or fried or flambayed or stewed.... don't matter, we know how to eat !

I do know that I'll not have a meat but a side dish... likely ?? oh i don't know yet.
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby WarPony » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:54 pm

I have a 5 pound brisket I'll cook!!

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:00 pm

Okay, I'm looking at the map of the lake. Is the area we are going to be in called South Shelter Group Use Area? I wouldn't want anyone to be driving around the lake in the dark looking for the fun......... LIKE US!!!! :lol:

We'll probably be in camp around 8:30-9:00 PM.

Jeff and Anna
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central