Minnesota gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby Betsey » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote: After I tell Joanie about it, we'll be sure to time the trip for the ice cream gathering! :twisted:

Oh, we can put together an ice cream gathering ANYTIME! :yes:

Just say the word! :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Claw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:28 pm

A week and a day to go and It snowed in the Twin Cities :cry:

Do we pack snow shovels for the Whitewater wipeout? :thinking:

I knew I should have never mentioned whitewater whiteout
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:40 pm

Claw wrote:A week and a day to go and It snowed in the Twin Cities :cry:

Do we pack snow shovels for the Whitewater wipeout? :thinking:

I knew I should have never mentioned whitewater whiteout

Most of the snow has melted already! It got to 57F today!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby rainman0 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi all,
Is anyone going to be at Whitewater on Friday? We could come Friday, but have to leave by 2:00 on Sat. :roll:
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby kayaklover » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:22 pm

The trailer still isn't ready but I'll be there on Friday around 2:00, possibly earlier. Hope to see you there. The weather looks good so far.
Congratulations on your retirement.

Betsy ,
When are you guys coming?
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:28 pm

I am leaving from work on Friday. I could potentially be there Friday late but hate to drive hard to get there and then shell out premium State Park price for the last few hours of Friday. My plan is and I will probably do this is to stop in Prairie du Chein, WI. Visit Cabelas and look around ask if I can boondock in their lot and leave like 6am Sat arriving at Whitewater around 8:30 9 am.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Betsey » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:35 pm

What a day! Just got back from a day trip to the Cities (Minneapolis/St.Paul for those outside of the area) - it's about 170 miles one way.

Lori,

We'll be there sometime on Friday. I was thinking of heading over and setting up and coming back for Craig. I have parent teacher conferences Friday in the morning but am done by 11:30.

The forecast for Altura has changed since this morning...it looked better then, but of course, anything can happen by Friday. Right now, it looks like this:

Friday - 40% chance of light rain or snow, high mid 40's
Friday night - chance of snow, low of 30
Saturday - slight chance of rain or snow showers, upper 40's
Sunday - sunny, low 50's

Jim,

Too bad you didn't have more time to spend as Prairie du Chien has a lot of interesting/historic things to see/do. Wyalusing State Park has some pretty views of the the river and across the river in Minnesota is Effigy Mounds National Monument.

The drive up the Mississippi is really beautiful. The Dresbach Lock & Dam at LaCrosse has a nice museum, too. And the drive up from the river bottom to the top of the bluffs is fun. Pretty in the fall and breathtaking with the ice on the cliffs in the winter.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Claw » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Betsey wrote:Jim,

Too bad you didn't have more time to spend as Prairie du Chien has a lot of interesting/historic things to see/do. Wyalusing State Park has some pretty views of the the river and across the river in Minnesota is Effigy Mounds National Monument.

The drive up the Mississippi is really beautiful. The Dresbach Lock & Dam at LaCrosse has a nice museum, too. And the drive up from the river bottom to the top of the bluffs is fun. Pretty in the fall and breathtaking with the ice on the cliffs in the winter.

Betsey 8)

I drove for 5 years from Rockford to Decorah, IA and crossed the River at Prairie. I have been through the town a thousand time in a truck but have yet to play tourist. Someday I will have more Vacation time or better all my time and can do more sight seeing. I do have a photo in my album of Eagles that I took on the east channel of the River at Prairie. The birds where there every day and I took my camera and pulled the truck to a stop and snapped them. I love the Mississippi. There is so much history. See ya all in a few days.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby MrBuzz » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:59 am

Yikes!! The forcast doesn't sound promising..but I'll be there by noon on Saturday.
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby MrBuzz » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:17 am

Hey...I don't want to sound like a wuss...but are we really camping on Saturday?!?!?
Generic Benroy - built 2007, 4X8, 1175 HF trailer, Structoglass roof and headliner, 12v and 110v electrics with Schumacher charger.
MrBuzz
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:04 pm

You bet!!! or is that... Oh sure ya betcha. I put an electric blanket in the TD this afternoon. Just remember 30 degrees was warm two months ago. those 55+ days will spoil the hardiest of us. I keep asking myself what the heck are we thinking.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Betsey » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Claw wrote:I keep asking myself what the heck are we thinking.

We'll be out in the cold, which numbs the brain...there won't be much thinking going on....

Oh, ya, we're hardy souls...36°? No big deal...What's a little chill in the air?

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Were supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow and tomorrow night! Also a 90% chance of snow on Friday! The good news is only a 40% chance of snow on Saturday. I wish I was camping with you guys this weekend. I should have my teardrop finished in time for next winter!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

whitewater gathering

Postby kayaklover » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:31 pm

Pack the ski's , I'll still be there.

Anyone still coming on Fri. ? If not I may just go down there sat. morning .

I'm still kind of waiting to see what kind of driving weather we get. You know the weather here, if you don't like it wait a day and it will change.
I plan on bringing an extra heater to keep us warmer under the canopy, and to keep Jim's beer from freezing. I camped a couple times this winter already and the heated mattress pad kept things nice and warm in the trailer, even with the windows cracked.
We won't have to worry about crowds or bugs!!!
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby rainman0 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:49 am

We are waiting some on the weather too. If we make it, it will be mostly for Friday, we have to leave by noon Sat.
So please tell us if no one is coming on Friday. :)
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering