Wisconsin's Black River State Forest Camping Trip

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:35 pm

rainman0 wrote:You two are welcome anytime. Just let us know when. Or if you want to go alone, that works too. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the offer. It's very generous of you! I like camping alone but I'd rather do it with friends! :)
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Just to keep a copy of this on the last page of this thread, here it is again:

Here is the list of people camping at the Black River State Forest Castle Mound Campground so far:

Tim and Baron - Site 31 - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Betsey and Craig - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Jim - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July through Monday 21 July
Buzz - Site TBD? - Sunday 20 July and Monday 21 July
Toby and Sue - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Dianne - Probably can't make it. We'll miss you!
Lori - ?

Please post when and which camp site when you know, so I can keep this list updated for everyone. Also if you have any updates or changes let me know.

Just a note to anyone on this forum. All are welcome to join us! We always look forward to meeting new (and old) friends! :D
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:35 pm

It is looking as if I am going to be in Green Bay and Door County during those days. Then a couple days later I will be in Indiana for the Brick Yard 400!! :D (NASCAR Race)

I wish I could be at both. :(

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:31 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:It is looking as if I am going to be in Green Bay and Door County during those days. Then a couple days later I will be in Indiana for the Brick Yard 400!! :D (NASCAR Race)

I wish I could be at both. :(

Dianne

As long as your having fun (Brickyard 400 and family) we won't feel too bad for you! We will miss you and your dogs but we'll see you next time.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Here is the list of people camping at the Black River State Forest Castle Mound Campground so far:

Betsey and Craig - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Toby and Sue - Site TBD? - Saturday 19 July (Maybe), Sunday 20 July, and Monday 21 July
Dianne - Will not be able to make it. We'll miss you!
Lori - ?

Please post when and which camp site when you know, so I can keep this list updated for everyone. Also if you have any updates or changes let me know.

Just a note to anyone on this forum. All are welcome to join us! We always look forward to meeting new (and old) friends!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby kayaklover » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Ok Tim,

You can take the question mark off my name. I'll be there most likely Fri. night or Sat. morning.
Now where can I find some pretty pink TP to wrap up that trailer of yours. The 5 foot wide trailers look pretty in pink. Count me in on the potluck on Sunday.
:Flippin Burger: :guzzle: :campfire:
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:19 pm

kayaklover wrote:Ok Tim,

You can take the question mark off my name. I'll be there most likely Fri. night or Sat. morning.
Now where can I find some pretty pink TP to wrap up that trailer of yours. The 5 foot wide trailers look pretty in pink. Count me in on the potluck on Sunday.
:Flippin Burger: :guzzle: :campfire:

Great that you can come! So how late are you going to stay? Are you staying until Tuesday like the rest of us normal people? Do you have a camp site reserved or are you just going to get one when you get there?

BTW, I talked to the toilet paper manufacturers and they told me that they no longer made pink TP. The dye is too hard on my eyes.....errr....I mean on the environment. Yea! At least they don't make any institutional rolls in pink. If you do find pink TP, I hope it costs a LOT of money! :lol:
Last edited by TPMcGinty on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Dianne - Will not be able to make it. We'll miss you!
Lori - Site TBD? - Friday 18 July or Saturday 19 July through ?

Just a note to anyone on this forum. All are welcome to join us! We always look forward to meeting new (and old) friends!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:27 am

cs_whypt2 wrote: Then a couple days later I will be in Indiana for the Brick Yard 400!! :D (NASCAR Race) Dianne

Dianne, have you been down to any other races this spring? If not, I would plan on getting in early. It becomes a mess over there as they reconstruct the entire west side Interstate. I hope this helps.
http://www.in.gov/indot/div/projects/ac ... ctmap.html

http://pws.indot.org/ipws/ci/
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote: Then a couple days later I will be in Indiana for the Brick Yard 400!! :D (NASCAR Race) Dianne

Dianne, have you been down to any other races this spring? If not, I would plan on getting in early. It becomes a mess over there as they reconstruct the entire west side Interstate. I hope this helps.
http://www.in.gov/indot/div/projects/ac ... ctmap.html

http://pws.indot.org/ipws/ci/

Yeah thanks, I will show this to the driver. We drive down on Wednesday morning (2-3AM) so we don't hit Chicago traffic and then we stay until Monday morning. But yeah, thanks, I'll show it to the driver.
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Well I made some more progress on my trailer this weekend. I only have 2 more weekends to finish it. It looks like I might be in my tent again on the 20th of July. :(
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Claw » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:16 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:Well I made some more progress on my trailer this weekend. I only have 2 more weekends to finish it. It looks like I might be in my tent again on the 20th of July. :(

A tent is unacceptable Tim. It is too early too surrender :surrender: Get the hatch on and the doors to lock and hitch it up. :vroom:

I just put a shelf in my galley. They are never done or didn't they tell you at the meeting that a tear drop is a :hammer: project that will last the rest of your life ;)
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Jim,

I was supposed to get my fenders powdercoated this weekend at a friends house. He never called so they aren't done. I need the fenders done because my lights mount on them. If I don't have fenders I don't have brake lights or turn signals. I have no idea when I will get these done.

I got the hatch built and sealed this weekend. I also got the cabinet doors built, stained, varnished, and installed. The entry doors need one more coat of varnish and I will be able to install them. The trim is cut and ready to be stained and varnished. I fitted the tongue box and drilled the hole for the electrical conduit. I can't install this until the trim is all installed. Then I can install and wire the battery. I've got so much to do and only 2 weekends to do it. If I had more hair I'd be pulling it out. :?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:49 am

Sorry. Ignore my rantings. I'm just getting frustrated. I've got so much to do and so little time to do it. Thanks for the support everyone!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:56 am

Just wire some temporary lights and bring it all with you. :designing: We can help you get it done...I ,mean, it's not like everyone going is a novice or anything...we have all done this before. :lol:

Of course, the phrase "Too many cooks spoil the broth" does come to mind... :thinking: :lol:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering