They came from all directions...

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby madjack » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:41 pm

Gage wrote:What's being hijacked? I guess I need to start in the beginning.

Have a good day.
8)

...everything must start at the beginning...doesn't it? If not you might fall prey to the Gage theory of discombobulation :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Aaron Coffee » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:44 pm

Madjack you mean to say you guys still have Piggly Wiggly down that way. Up here Piggly Wiggly's died around the same time as Elvis supposedly died. So if saw Elvis at a Piggly Wiggly, I would be more worried about how I got to a Piggly Wiggly than seeing the King.
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:47 pm

WOW...talk about a ghost from the past...Alas Aaron, the 3 Piggly Wiggly we had in the area closed almost a year ago, taken over by an outfit named Mac's Fresh Market,...so, no Elvis(lately) and no more Piggly Wiggly....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:48 am

Hey, hey ,hey, Do not try to hijack this thread we were having an informative discussion about camping safety while avoiding the amourus sexual advances of the dreaded male CHUPACABRA during the height of the mating season, OKAY Geez :lol: :lol: Let's not forget the about those plastic yard ornamet on a stick Flamingos on stick once they get excited look out :shock:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

A modest proposal for a central meet

Postby raprap » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:33 am

I realize that I’m a newbie, but I like to travel in the summer either by bike of camper, and I was in Linden in June. Now don’t get me wrong, I liked Linden and recommend that anyone who hasn’t seen Pioneer Village to see it, but—I’ve seen it. And I’d like a little different scenery at the next one. Which leads me to the following idea.

You know Sturgis, South Dakota is centrally located when you consider the those north of 48. And in the summer, except for the month of August, there’re are plenty of camping sites and activities in the area ranging from the Hock of Deadwood (Wall Drug is more interesting), the Black Hills and the mountain monuments are not that far nor is Devils Tower or the site of Custer’s payment for arrogance.

Now I realize that Linden is not that far from Smith Center, Kansas (the geographic center of the US-‘cept Alaska and Hawaii), but Sturgis is well Sturgis.

So I’d like to make a modest proposal, how about a national (or international) T&TT conclave in say June 2009 in Sturgis.

Rap
Kentucky Pool Made a Fool out of me.
Instead of Tennessee River it looks like I'm headed to the deep blue sea.

JHartford
raprap
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Suggest a Gathering