Mineral Wells SP Thanksgiving Weekend 2022

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Mineral Wells SP Thanksgiving Weekend 2022

Postby 2bits » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:05 pm

UPDATE: All sites booked.
Mineral Wells State Park Thanksgiving weekend is back for the Beyond South Central crowd.

Plateau Loop:
Woody and Tammy 59
John and Tony in 66
Rick and Gail 67
Billy and Jennifer 68
Paula Pinkney Smith 69
John and Melody 70
DJ 77
Danny and Suzie 79
Thomas 80
Jean Harris 81
Eddie and LeAnna 83
Joyce 85
Mike and Brenda 86
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: Mineral Wells SP Thanksgiving Weekend 2022

Postby DJ Davis » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:42 am

Thomas,

I just snagged site #77. I'm gonna roll in on Thur afternoon and make a 3-day weekend out of it. :D
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:28 pm

DJ Davis wrote:Thomas,

I just snagged site #77. I'm gonna roll in on Thur afternoon and make a 3-day weekend out of it. :D

Awesome! I wish I could do Thursday but I'll be a Friday boy, glad you are coming out!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:06 pm

Hey, anyone got an upcoming project and could use some Titebond II glue? I just completed giving my teardrop a butt lift and have a half-gallon of glue left over. I've re-filled my shop container and don't have any big projects pending. If you just need a refill yourself, let me know, I'll bring the jug to MWSP, and folks can take what they need...for the cost of only ONE adult beverage. How's that for a deal?
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:38 pm

DJ Davis wrote:Hey, anyone got an upcoming project and could use some Titebond II glue? I just completed giving my teardrop a butt lift and have a half-gallon of glue left over. I've re-filled my shop container and don't have any big projects pending. If you just need a refill yourself, let me know, I'll bring the jug to MWSP, and folks can take what they need...for the cost of only ONE adult beverage. How's that for a deal?

Thanks DJ, I'll check the shop!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:48 pm

Hey everybody, it's the dog checking in, and wishing everyone a Happy thanksgiving. I'm in Houston visiting family this weekend.

I bought another Audi SUV, and I'm thinking about getting a trailer hitch and another teardrop. I'll buy one, if I do get one. I'm not interested in another build at age 61.

Happy Thanksgiving, and try not to start a wildfire with the deep fried turkey cook.

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:21 am

caseydog wrote:Hey everybody, it's the dog checking in
CD

Hey CD, good to talk with you on the phone yesterday, yeah alot has changed over the years, this will be the first time we have been back at Mineral Wells in a few years so we will see if there is any Turkey frying going on, who knows. Looks like the rain will peel off Saturday. I am happy to have a teardrop back in my life, I hope you find one you like!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:22 am

DJ Davis wrote:Hey, anyone got an upcoming project and could use some Titebond II glue? I just completed giving my teardrop a butt lift and have a half-gallon of glue left over. I've re-filled my shop container and don't have any big projects pending. If you just need a refill yourself, let me know, I'll bring the jug to MWSP, and folks can take what they need...for the cost of only ONE adult beverage. How's that for a deal?

Hey DJ I am in for the Titebond! I'll Have a dark Dos Equis on ice for ya!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:15 pm

2bits wrote:
caseydog wrote:Hey everybody, it's the dog checking in
CD

Hey CD, good to talk with you on the phone yesterday, yeah alot has changed over the years, this will be the first time we have been back at Mineral Wells in a few years so we will see if there is any Turkey frying going on, who knows. Looks like the rain will peel off Saturday. I am happy to have a teardrop back in my life, I hope you find one you like!

Teardrop back in your life? What happened to the Silver Beetle?
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:34 pm

Sparksalot wrote:Teardrop back in your life? What happened to the Silver Beetle?

It has a new home with a friend of mine, she came over to buy a love seat from me a couple years ago and fell in love with it but I wouldn't sell, she kept after me for a year and I finally caved only because I had not used it once since I got it and a beautiful thing like that really needs to be used and enjoyed. I didn't put it for sale and had no intention of selling but I could see it spoke to them which mattered alot, she just met a new guy and they took my recommendation to try out the Rusk campground at the TX state railroad since they wanted to camp THAT weekend and of course everywhere was booked but that is my secret spot as it is never busy. That is now their favorite spot and they have since gotten married and took it up to Wyoming and all over the Northwest and loving it like it deserves to be loved, I feel like it has found a good home.

My new teardrop fits my needs much better since i camp in my van, I needed a cargo trailer for my bike and firewood etc, so it all worked out.
Attachments
BT.JPG
BT.JPG (181.8 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Sparksalot » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:53 pm

2bits wrote:
Sparksalot wrote:Teardrop back in your life? What happened to the Silver Beetle?

It has a new home with a friend of mine, she came over to buy a love seat from me a couple years ago and fell in love with it but I wouldn't sell, she kept after me for a year and I finally caved only because I had not used it once since I got it and a beautiful thing like that really needs to be used and enjoyed. I didn't put it for sale and had no intention of selling but I could see it spoke to them which mattered alot, she just met a new guy and they took my recommendation to try out the Rusk campground at the TX state railroad since they wanted to camp THAT weekend and of course everywhere was booked but that is my secret spot as it is never busy. That is now their favorite spot and they have since gotten married and took it up to Wyoming and all over the Northwest and loving it like it deserves to be loved, I feel like it has found a good home.

My new teardrop fits my needs much better since i camp in my van, I needed a cargo trailer for my bike and firewood etc, so it all worked out.

Finding a good home is a nice touch. I’m glad you can see the benefits of your decision and know it’s being enjoyed!
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby DJ Davis » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:01 pm

Thomas,

Well.... I wuz there! What happened to you...? Danny said something about you taking a wrong turn and ending up at Lake Towakani. :? Ya know, ya shouldn't do that and leave this group unsupervised! :frightened: I thought "double-secret probation" was just a line from a movie. :oops: Man, that ranger was ticked off! :x Glad my next camping outing isn't until Apr of next year. 8) Maybe they'll forget about me and that barrel of molasses by then.... :thinking:
DJ

DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Return to South Central