End of Spring at Cedar Hill

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

End of Spring at Cedar Hill

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:15 pm

All sites in the area are now reserved.

Beyond South Central is going to be at Cedar Hill State Park beginning Saturday, May 13 and leaving Monday, May 15. This is Sat-Mon instead of the usual Fri-Sun, I work Tues-Sat and if people that work M-F just take Monday off in stead of Friday and everyone still only needs to take one day off work, plus the park will clear out Sunday for just us! Feel free to show up Fri though if ya like.

This is a really cool group of sites that connect to each other at the back and in one of the few nicely wooded sections of the park with real trees, no sewer smell, no traffic noise, no super steep sites and no ants AND only 4 of sites down from the bathhouse. These are also full hookup sites if that matters to you.

164 Unknown
165 Jennifer and Billy
166 Linda Modisette
167 Rick & Gail
168 Danny & Suzie
169 Eddie and LeAnna
170 Unknown
171 Thomas Miller
172 Unknown
173 Unknown

230 Jean Bates Harris
223 Unknown
224 Unknown
225 Unknown
226 DJ Davis
227 Unknown
228 John and Melody
229 Unknown

Woody is coming Sunday to visit
Attachments
640.png
640.png (220.16 KiB) Viewed 894 times
Group.JPG
This is the actual campsites, three sites are shown in this one photo
Group.JPG (236.17 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: End of Spring at Cedar Hill

Postby DJ Davis » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:55 am

Thomas,

I almost booked site 170 across from you, but decided 226 was better. Closer to the restrooms if Jin comes with me. And if the Miller's grandkid makes an appearance, Jin will have fun oohing and ahhing over the baby. Appreciate your "rating" of the sites :thumbsup: but I see y'all coordinated with each other to get the sites next to each other first! :thinking: Am I REALLY welcome to attend? :lol:
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:39 am

DJ Davis wrote:Thomas,

I almost booked site 170 across from you, but decided 226 was better. Closer to the restrooms if Jin comes with me. And if the Miller's grandkid makes an appearance, Jin will have fun oohing and ahhing over the baby. Appreciate your "rating" of the sites :thumbsup: but I see y'all coordinated with each other to get the sites next to each other first! :thinking: Am I REALLY welcome to attend? :lol:

Well that makes it sound kind of nefarious but that's usually how it comes together, a couple of people start talking to a couple other people and boom OK now we got a rally, let's post it on the board.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:32 pm

Thomas,

You should know me by now that I'm a huge joker. I'll make fun at whatever I can!

Hey, also, here's an idea. I'm trying to put together a Tear Jerkers outing to the City of Hico's Bosque River RV Park for the weekend of 15-16 Sep. They have 21 full hook up sites and a nice bathhouse/restroom facility. I camped there to and from the Lake Murray SP, OK trip. At the time the sites were $25/nite. The reason for going back is that about 5 miles away a fellow has modified tracked ATVs to look like small tanks. They're armed with paintball guns. You can form teams and have running battles or, if you don't like being shot at, there's a course where you can shoot at stationary targets. You can look up his site at minitankbattlefield in Hico. Throw this out to your BSC crew and see who might want to join me/us. I'm giving my TJ's Lone Star Chapter until this weekend to say if they're interested or not.
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:54 pm

DJ Davis wrote:Thomas,

You should know me by now that I'm a huge joker. I'll make fun at whatever I can!

Hey, also, here's an idea. I'm trying to put together a Tear Jerkers outing to the City of Hico's Bosque River RV Park for the weekend of 15-16 Sep. They have 21 full hook up sites and a nice bathhouse/restroom facility. I camped there to and from the Lake Murray SP, OK trip. At the time the sites were $25/nite. The reason for going back is that about 5 miles away a fellow has modified tracked ATVs to look like small tanks. They're armed with paintball guns. You can form teams and have running battles or, if you don't like being shot at, there's a course where you can shoot at stationary targets. You can look up his site at minitankbattlefield in Hico. Throw this out to your BSC crew and see who might want to join me/us. I'm giving my TJ's Lone Star Chapter until this weekend to say if they're interested or not.

Let's try to stay on topic with this event. If you want to host something here feel free to set one up! If you want to host it in FB you'll have to break down and join the dark side that it is, I don't want to do something by proxy from this page to FB while referring to another site, just thinking about that makes my head hurt.
:beer:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:00 pm

Oooops...sorry. I'll delete it if you wish.
DJ

DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:58 pm

DJ Davis wrote:Oooops...sorry. I'll delete it if you wish.

No sweat man!!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Mark Gunter » Wed May 03, 2023 12:07 pm

Oh man, I wish my build was ready. So close, and yet so far
I'm a happy man, I love my life!

My Gunter Li’l Standy build journal:
https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75291
Mark Gunter
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 2bits » Wed May 03, 2023 12:55 pm

Mark Gunter wrote:Oh man, I wish my build was ready. So close, and yet so far

There will always be other gatherings! It hard not to want to rush I am the worst about that!

All sites are now booked if that makes ya feel better at least!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby DJ Davis » Wed May 03, 2023 3:17 pm

BSC,

I just cancelled my reservation for Site #226. We have a family member that we haven't seen since pre-Covid that just said they're coming in Sat 13 May, so that slot might be open for a few more minutes! :lol:
DJ

DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Thu May 04, 2023 9:19 pm

DJ Davis wrote:BSC,

I just cancelled my reservation for Site #226. We have a family member that we haven't seen since pre-Covid that just said they're coming in Sat 13 May, so that slot might be open for a few more minutes! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up, Carla re reserved in 226 as her kids had something going on Mothers Day
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby JadyFoley » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:34 pm

The change to Sat-Mon instead of Fri-Sun is a clever idea for those with different work schedules. Plus, having the park to ourselves on Sunday sounds like a dream.The fact that the sites connect to each other and are nestled in a nicely wooded section of the park is a huge bonus. No sewer smell, traffic noise, steep sites, or ants – what more could you ask for? And full hookup sites are always a perk!I'm just curious, have any of you ever ventured out to east coast amusement parks? They're a whole different kind of adventure and excitement. If you're ever looking for some travel inspiration, you might want to check out some suggestions online.
Last edited by JadyFoley on Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
JadyFoley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 2bits » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:11 pm

JadyFoley wrote:The change to Sat-Mon instead of Fri-Sun is a clever idea for those with different work schedules. Plus, having the park to ourselves on Sunday sounds like a dream.

I honestly don't know why more people don't do it, I guess because people don't think for themselves. Most people work Monday through Friday and everyone takes Friday off when they could just as easily take Monday off instead and it's still only one day except yup... the day after you arrive, everyone leaves!!! :D even better, is arriving late on Friday after work and then staying through Monday! I am back to a normal Monday through Friday schedule but I'm only booking Saturday to Monday anymore from now on unless it's with a group, people just cannot follow the concept and/or don't bother to read. Luckily I mostly camp alone these days anyway
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Return to South Central