Louisiana Cypresswood Gathering Announcements

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:51 am

YES ..... it's just about 21 days til packing !!!! :D

So MadJack and friends are feeding everybody Friday night - Gumbo, right? And we can pitch in any other fixin's?

Saturday noon is a chili bunch.... chili in DO's, etc and cornbread, etc. ?

Saturday night is the big Potluck....with this many people, I would love to see a list started of what people think they might bring. Helps me make up my mind!

Is the ghost hunting going to be in the evening or late at night?
Are we still doing some Halloween decorations ?

I"m working mega on the Jewel box.... I'm forging ahead this weekend ! !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:39 am

Julie, Charles Ipes is doing supper Friday, either red beans and rice or gumbo...anybody wanna cookup cornbread would be great otherwise just bring some french bread...on Sat. instead of doing breakfast as a group, Ray and others talked about doing a chili for lunch and we are going to cook up a shrimp 'etoufee for supper...once again, crackers, breads, salads, deserts(especially) and any other side dishes that go with seafood would be great...and any thing anybody wants to cook up is always welcomed (and eaten).....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Todah Tear » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:25 pm

MadJack,

I'll bring a desert. If watermelons and pineapples are still in the grocery store, I'll bring some of them to chill. If the melons and pineapples aren't in season, I bring something else that is a desert.

I'll probably come in early Saturday morning. Don't know if I can get that Friday off since I have a retreat in November that I will be taking another Friday off for.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby nubwon » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:56 pm

Note to self..........hide all scales at home when we return

Ummm........Jack, If we have redbeans and rice....... what am i gunna do with these 40 chickens i got runnin around in my backyard now??? :lol:
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff...
nubwon
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:39 pm

madjack wrote:...others talked about doing a chili for lunch and we are going to cook up a shrimp 'etoufee for supper...

I knew what chili was but the shrimp thingamabobber I had to Google :oops:

Doesn't sound too bad. I'm not a seafood eater but I think I'll have to, "expand my horizons", as they say. :)
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Chili etc.

Postby Buck » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:40 pm

Hey guys: Lise said she will make a couple of desserts for Sat. night. She can't wait for the Cajuan cooking being she's from Quebec and all. Don't forget chili for lunch on Sat. Buck :)
Buck
Teardrop Master

Update on the ghosthunting

Postby Jolly Roger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:44 pm

I've been diligently doing research in the area and have contacted some experts in the area. Bad news is that the only things close that will allow a large group are about an hour away. I don't think I'm up for such a trek. Once we get there, if we can find out anything from the rangers and such, we may be able to put something together there. It doesn't take much to get it together. Most people will have video and still cameras anyway, so be prepared... it may still... ummm... materialize.

JollyRoger
Jolly Roger
Teardrop Advisor

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 am

Roger... you mean for the ghost hunting?

Is your documentary you're planning... that's just about teardrops , not about the ghosts , right?

I got out my Halloween decorations yesterday and can't help but think about what to bring to LCG !!!

Two weeks away !!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby nubwon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey Jack, have you heard from Charles lately? I haven't seen any posts from him in a while. I sent him a pm about the gumbo for friday night. I also sent you one this morning, but when i check my sent box, it doesn't show up, not in my outbox either. So.......are we doing gumbo, or red beans? I got all these chickens i need to do somethin with lol. Give me a shout, or pm if you have heard anything from charles please......Terry...
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff...
nubwon
Teardrop Master

Postby Jolly Roger » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:21 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Roger... you mean for the ghost hunting?

Is your documentary you're planning... that's just about teardrops , not about the ghosts , right?

I got out my Halloween decorations yesterday and can't help but think about what to bring to LCG !!!

Two weeks away !!!

yep, you got it. Can't say I won't throw in some halloween stuff though... I think it might add some flavor.

JollyRoger (Paul)
Jolly Roger
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to South Central