South Central Gathering

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

South Central Fall;Winter Gathering Suggestions?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Palo Duro Canyon
17%
Lake Ray Roberts
28%
Lake Murray
21%
Lake Somerville
24%
Tyler State Park
10%

Total votes : 29

Postby madjack » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:58 am

Kevin...you brought it up so make a decision and let US know...that is how the LCG happened...so be careful...be very careful... :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:10 am

Like she said...... WHEN???? this fall?... it's almost over. This winter????
or are you thinking next year????

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:42 am

I vote Lake Murray. My pics on in the General forum intitled, "Autumn in Ardmore are from Lake Murray. However, their campsites are First Come, First Served. There are no reservations.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Re: South Central Gathering

Postby steve wolverton » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:49 pm

CPASPARKS wrote:Really...I am down for any place....

I'm game for any place. :thumbsup:

Thanksgiving is actually quite busy at a lot of parks, but they really slow down after Turkey Day. Maybe the second or third weekend in December?
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: South Central Gathering

Postby Todah Tear » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:38 am

steve wolverton wrote:

Thanksgiving is actually quite busy at a lot of parks, but they really slow down after Turkey Day. Maybe the second or third weekend in December?

I agree! The weekend afterwards might be better. Besides that, we can have a "Creative Turkey" recipe' contest. 8)

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby srfrcrux » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:50 pm

When and Where????
:twisted:
Adopt a Drop or be board to tears!!!!
www.myspace.com/thelains
srfrcrux
Donating Member

Postby vairman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:25 pm

I don't know if we'll be able to make it, but if nothing else we'll come up on Saturday...

Greg....
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby TxTeardropGuy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:57 pm

Kevin,
I like to get away at least once a month, but for group gatherings i think quarterly makes more sense for those members that have families and don't have that much free time. Just a thought.
Geoffrey
TxTeardropGuy
Teardrop Inspector

gathering

Postby CPASPARKS » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:24 pm

Since 28 people voted in the poll for a gathering site...I thought there was enough interest for another gathering before next October?

Maybe my bad...

More people voted for Ray Roberts Lake.

Was just trying to help :lol:
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Re: gathering

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:08 am

CPASPARKS wrote:Since 28 people voted in the poll for a gathering site...I thought there was enough interest for another gathering before next October?

Maybe my bad...

More people voted for Ray Roberts Lake.

Was just trying to help :lol:

CPASPARKS, there has been "no bad" done. I can certainly understand TxTeardropGuy's point about how some may have other obligations and may want and need to spend most of their free time with their families/ That is very admirable!

I think your poll was a good idea and a great way to get an idea of the level of interest. That way as few or as many who can come have the opportunity to meet and get to know each other better. I do camp at other times than the gatherings, but I also enjoy camping with the Teardrop community.

Thanks for stirring up interests.

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

gathering

Postby CPASPARKS » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 am

Todah...
Thanks...
I will see you at Ray Roberts Lake! :)
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby SteveH » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:03 am

Geoffrey,

I agree with your idea of quarterly gatherings...believe it would create more interest and participation in the gatherings because it would give more people the oportunity to make the necessary adjustments to their schedules in order to attend.

Kevin,

I voted in your pole because I also wanted to go to another gathering this year. I did vote for Lake Summerville because I knew we would be able to go without Joyce haveing to take a days leave from work. I understand there are more teardropers in the DFW area and that is why the vote turned out the way it did, but it still does not change the fact there are some of us more that 5 hours away in travel time. We have only been able to attend one of the four gatherings this year, LCG, an 8 hour drive, and would liked to have attended them all, but the travel time and cost is an issue.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:41 am

I'm not going to be able to make it to Ray Roberts. I would like to but I'm on call that week.
Lake Whitney is central to Houston, DFW and the Hill Country. 3-4 hours from any of them.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:56 am

I am hoping to go , can't remember what lake I had voted for but didn't know if it was just a general poll., not specifically for this year. (what's left of it)

I'm not definite for the R Roberts weekend just yet -- put a coat of paint on the trailer this weekend but that's all.... will just have to wait and see about this p.t. job I'm picking up, kids schedules, weather , etc....

Okc is slated to get a colllllldddd front this week's end and highs in the 30s... winter is coming!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to South Central