Red River campout.... ideas?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Red River campout.... ideas?

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:12 pm

Well , folks ... the sun has been out for the second day in a row here in OKC and while we've been complaining about the ice (my front and back yards are STILL a hockey rink) with the sun out and a little cabin fever, I have an idea about a RED RIVER CAMPOUT , possible at Lake Texoma this July or early August.

This of course would not be just for OK and TX people, just something halfway between OKC and DFW ....

I know it's months away, but would you be interested at all? Could you all give me some idea about what time of the month would be better for ya ? and I know we'll complain about the heat then but there is a nice campground right there on a stretch between the water, so cool breezes.. me & Karol may drive down there as soon as we thaw and check it out. She's camped there many times before.

Thanks !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby kajamelu4 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:54 pm

Hmmmm.........Too hot that time of year for everyone? Julie, it may be me and you.........but I will be very surprised if my family doesn't want to go. And when it gets hot, we just head on down to the water. Glob on the sunscreen, grab a air mattress, and away we go!

Warmer weather can't be hear soon enough!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby reo-ron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:45 pm

I'd rather sweat any day than shiver.
Ron in Tulsa
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby caseydog » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:07 pm

Any camping I do in July and August will be someplace like Wisconsin. I live 50 miles from the Red River, and it is too stinking hot to sleep at night in July and August.

Now, I do like Lake Texoma, and I'm open to the Red River, but how about April or May?

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Return to South Central