Scheduling gatherings for 2007

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby WarPony » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:22 pm

McTeardrops wrote:Soda Pop As for places to camp, Lenny and I just love Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas. Distance-wise, how is it for everyone else?

Joanne, we camped there in August of 2005 and LOVED IT!!!! We really liked the hiking trails and the tall pines. The masked bandits were horrible, though. They stole a 2lb. bag of dog food out of our Action Pakcer tub. Poor Maggie dog, (for those of you who know her) almost starved to death :cry: !!
Yeah, my a$$!!!

Anyway, there are even cabins for rent in the park. Some even have hot tubs :twisted: :twisted: !!! The resturant at the resort will serve anyone that walks in the door......... nice and cheep, cheep. The view is really pretty and more hummingbirds on the porch than should be allowed by law.

I vote for this one as a gathering. It's only 8 hours from Topeka, KS.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby steve wolverton » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:27 pm

WarPony wrote:I vote for this one as a gathering. It's only 8 hours from Topeka, KS.

Count me in. :thumbsup:
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby davel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:15 pm

steve wolverton wrote:
Sonetpro wrote: I'll join you at "May 25-28 Sea Rim maybe for the south " Do you know if the park is open? It got hit pretty hard by Rita.

Last I heard Sea Rim is answering their phones, but they are not open. I don't think they're planning to open anytime soon in the near future. The manager & a few of their other employees stayed at our park (Purtis) while all of that stuff went down. :(

Texas Parks budget is hammered. They're talking about giving up a lot of parks to the Historical Society, and they're going to make the Railroad a static exhibit because it costs too much to run it.

Arkansas parks is where it's at!

I'm sorry to hear that about Sea Rim. Cindy and I really enjoyed it down there. I think Texas is failing us on our state parks. :cry:
davel
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:41 pm

WarPony wrote:
Et Cetera wrote:I thought Kansas was in the middle?

Yeah Teri, I kind of think CO, KS and MO is "the fence" for the North and South borders. I'd like for we three states to be annexed into the South area like Sonetpro said but what da' ya' do? 8)

Got my vote! It is as far to Minden for me as it is to Bistineau. Arkansas sounds really good.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby caseydog » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:55 pm

For those who want to do an informal beach trip, my best friend has a house and some land just east of Galveston that I try to get down to when I can. Let me know if you are interested, and I'll let you know when I'm going. I'm sure he and his family wouldn't mind a few TDs in the yard (i'll ask first). :D

I have some family property at Lake Livingston, but it is going up for sale this spring. Until it sells, there is a house there, with hot tub and two lots, and we have a 20 foot boat at the marina. I've had large gorups there before, but it's been awhile. We don't use it enough now, which is why it's being sold. I don't want to buy a truck to tow the hole in the water, and my dad doesn't want to keep it, so it will sell, too.

Just some ideas. I hope to do some small group road trips now that I have the TD. It' snice to have company along.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Galveston

Postby Cindy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Caseydog,
Let me know when you are going to Galveston. The bluebonnet might just tag along. We are always up for a trip to the coast as long as we can have a plug in for the airconditioning. Let us know when you are going.
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:53 am

I have FEELERS out to the parks in Arkansas you where interested in. I will get back with you with dates for this summer ( June , July and August ). I hope they do not overlap with other gatherings. I have checked their calendars and Ours some have events scheduled in this time bracket. :thinking: :thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to South Central