Lake Tenkiller, OK in May ... help

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Lake Tenkiller, OK in May ... help

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:57 am

Hey y'all.... I am really really wanting to go to the Strawberry Festival in Stilwell, OK that is on May 12.

So , Lake Tenkiller is just about 25 miles from there, and I've camped at Tenkiller many times before but it was always at the Tenkiller SP.

Are any of you familiar with Chicken Creek, or Snake Creek? I checked those two on recreation.gov and they already have a lot booked. I might consider Cookson Bend too ...

Thanks for the help... and I plan to go there on Friday May 11 am and then come home that Sunday , the festival is on Saturday. Anyone else is welcome to come camp alongside me , although I'm not making it a formal gathering....

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nobody » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:57 pm

Julie, not familiar with Snake Creek or Chicken Creek but I've camped all around Cookson Bend back in the late 1960's & early 70's. Don't remember if we've ever used the C/G as back then you could just pull up about anywhere around the lake on COE property & set up camp. Camped at Tenkiller both in the mid 60's when I was at TAFB, & later when stationed at Univ of Tulsa. I've caught a lot of good fish there 8) . Petit Bay & Sizemore are also nice spots with good facilities, & not too far from Talequah/Stilwell area.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:14 am

If you not stuffed a nice resturant ( all you can eat ) period 40's,50's,60's style music. Player piano and a real pianist playing while you eat. THe place is called FIN and FEATHER near the DAM on Hwy 10A West. It has been 5 years sence I was there and I hope it is still open. Maybe an outing is in store to check it out good food.

:oops:

:thumbsup:

I had a friend that live just north of Chicken Creek around Six Shooter I think it is called. They had an RV Park their but the family are no longer living and I'm not sure about the park. Looking at Google Maps it still shows the roads and the boat storage shed still there. If I remember there was about eight sites there with electricity and water. I'm not sure if it is still being used as an RV Park.

:thinking:

Pat

Cookson Map of lake.
The Fin and Feather is at the Aquatic Park on the west side of the dam.
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15 am

Yes, I've been to the Fin & Feather in the past couple of years.... pretty good home cooked food, good breakfast buffet . Kinda cute when the waitresses are dressed up for a theme and dance... With all the white lattice etc, makes me think of a Florida retirement villa or something... haha
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to South Central