Arkansas camp-in in July or August?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Arkansas camp-in in July or August?

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:10 am

I have recieved a reply back from a couple of the Park in the State that some of you had mentioned. I was thinks of Petit Jean State Park near Morilton, AR.

:thinking:

Thank you for your interest in Petit Jean State Park . All of our campsites have water, electricity, picnic table and grill. We will have plenty of availability during June July and August other than major holidays and the week of June 11-16. We have the most openings in August.

Here is some information about making reservations for campsites.

We cannot split a Friday and Saturday either on arrival or departure. We require the first night’s fee to be paid at the time you make your reservation either by debit or credit card. That fee is non-refundable if you have to cancel. All sites must be reserved in the name and address of the person who will be occupying the site. If someone calls and makes a reservation for a campsite and has to cancel, that fee and reservation cannot be transferred to another individual in the group.

I hope this helps with your plans. If you have any additional questions please feel free to give us a call or visit our website at www.petitjeanstatepark.com.

I looking for suggestions?

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:55 am

Pat, keep in mind Minden, in mid-June, the fact that school starts back up in mid to late August and Petit Jean has some kinda function in mid July (11th-16th)... the first weeked in July (6th-8th...kinda close to the Fourth) or the third weekend (20th-22nd...this might be better)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:08 am

Ok that is a good place to start. :thinking:
So we are looking at the last of July and or the first part of August. :thinking:
I will wait till the weekend to see the responces then we can place a request in. ;)
Thanks !!!
I hope I can pull it together.

Pat
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:41 am

Petit Jean SP for those of you unfamiliar with it, is a beautiful park with a lot to do in the area and has many "cool" spots...even in mid summer.....
http://www.petitjeanstatepark.com/
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:45 pm

Just be aware folks, if your tow vehicle has minimal power (like mine :shock: ) the road (SH 154) up the east end of Petit Jean mountain from Morrilton/Opelo is steeeep with a couple of pretty sharp curves near the bottom that kinda prevent you from gettin' the rpm's up for the climb ;) . Shouldn't be a problem for most vehicles & even small displacement 4-bangers will do OK, just may require down shifting a coupl'a times. The climb isn't that long but it surprises some folks :o . The west end of SH 154 from Centerville ain't bad but it's farther & kinda 'out of the way'.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:22 pm

Looks Like we might set it up for the Third weekend in July. I thought I would leave some time to see if there where and ideas of better dates mentioned. Looks like Madjack has the right idea. I will set it up next week this will leave time for anyone else to respond with another date.

Pat
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Thank you for your interest in Petit Jean State Park . All of our campsites have water, electricity, picnic table and grill. We will have plenty of availability during June July and August other than major holidays and the week of June 11-16. We have the most openings in August.

I reread this and the weeks they are full are 11-16 so those days in July might be open. It may be worth checking.

I think the later in July the hotter it might be. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby ARKPAT » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 pm

:oops: :oops:

I made a typo it should be right now. My laptop has been acting up and skipping ( bad keyboard ??? )

:cry: :oops: :thinking:

Good catch on the dates.

Pat
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:50 pm

Pat Hopkins wrote::oops: :oops:

I made a typo it should be right now. My laptop has been acting up and skipping ( bad keyboard ??? )

:cry: :oops: :thinking:

Good catch on the dates.

Pat

Been there! Does that mean it is full in July or June? :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:52 pm

I will try to have some more information about the Petit Jean State Park Camp in at the last of July. :oops:
Sorry to be so late about it but it has been a whirlwind the last couple of months. :(
Busy busy and not much to so for it. :?
I hope it is not to late for people to schedule camping in the last of July. :cry:
I will be a Beaver Bend to fill you in. :worship: :thinking: :thumbsup:

I will post all the information as soon as I have all the questions and information completed back from the Park.

Pat
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to South Central