Grand Lake, OK - Bernice State Park SEPT 15-17

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby jplock » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 pm

We look forward to meeting you all Donna an I will leave Broken Arrow at 5:30 PM Friday.
jplock

:D :D :D
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 pm

Good time to check out a RAV4...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby kajamelu4 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:56 am

What time is everyone meeting up in Tulsa at the Quick Trip? I don't know what time we can get away just yet. My niece and my sister-in-law have C-sections on Wednesday. So its a busy week for our family. And I want to make sure both baby boys and moms are doing good before we pull out.

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:05 am

Hey kajamelu4 and OKJewels

Since we are meeting in Tulsa, will 12:00PM work for you all?

If you need a different time, let me know.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:16 am

NOON at that QuikTrip or whatever it is that JPLOCK posted above....

Ed and Ruby will be in OKC Friday morning so that should be okay with them. Tulsa is just 2 hrs from OKC so that will give me till about 10 am to leave. You know there's always something last minute to get , ice whatever.

Remember some change or one's for the Turnpike's in Oklahoma - toll roads. Sorry .

And the dadgum burn ban is still on as of today..... so unless something changes by Friday . Sherry at the park says it's greener now than all summer and she wishes they'd lift it to but they do have orders to write tickets. So bring CHARCOAL !!!

I'll pm my cell phone number to y'all...

LET'S GO !!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:07 pm

I getting ready!!!
I will bring a folding table and extra charcoal (2 bags ) and grille and a :cry: tent ( maybe with wheels ).

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby edevans » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:09 pm

Okay, Its getting close to time to go. We will bring extra charcoal, a folding table and maybe an extra EZ up(clone). For the pot luck thinking about (cold) 3 bean salad and (hot) green bean casserole(first DO attempt).Will try to be in Tulsa at 12:00 but not real sure about that, may make a quick side trip to Leonard.Julie,thanks for the reminder about the change for the toll.Is it because we are empty nesters?It's almost like getting the kid ready to go see the grandparents, Ed is out at the little "WeeBeeGone" brushing it's teeth and combing it's hair or maybe he is putting on mud flaps, not real sure at this point.He has the vinyl stripes and name ordered hope they are ready tomorrow.We are ready to go camping :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:13 am

WOOHOO !!!!!

:campfire:

The Burn Ban was lifted for part of Oklahoma and Ottawa County included .... which is where Bernice State Park is !!!!!! It's close, because the city of Grove, is Delaware Co. and still under the burn ban, and a county to the north is too .... BUT NOT OUR PARK FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!!

So bring the wood, and WarPony "go big or go home!" hahaa Bring your magic Indian firestarter !!!

Yeah !!!! :) :campfire: :Flippin Burger: :campfire:
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:29 am

The burn ban for parts of Oklahoma have been LIFTED !!!! And Ottawa county, where Bernice is is one of them !!!
Hoooorrayyyyy!!!!

So bring your blankets for the cool nights, but the lawn chairs and wood and firestarters, and stories.... and there is a slight chance still of a little rain. That don't bother us , huh?

Oh, and me and Karol are bringing a couple of scrapbooks to show each other and share !

I'm not packed, and remembering how much easier this would be and more fun towing a teardrop , but I'm sooooo ready to see you all again!!!

julie :ilovecamp: :Flippin Burger: :picnic: :campfire: :snappy: :wine:
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby jplock » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:56 am

I brought my rig home from the shop last night and cleaned all the saw dust out. It won't be long till Friday!
jplock

8) 8) 8)
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:58 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:The burn ban for parts of Oklahoma have been LIFTED !!!!

DAMN IT!!!!! Julie, you beat me to it. I called the governor of Oklahoma's office at lunch today to raise some hell about lifting the ban. I got slammed when his secretary told me that he had already lifted it for the county we will be at this weekend. Ah, well........... I tried. See you all there.

I loaded the truck with firewood tonight and I'm going to smoke a brisket for Saturday night.

We'll be rolling in at about 10:30 Friday night. Everybody have a safe trip and be careful.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:39 am

:cry:

I APOLOGIZE !!!!! :oops: I had googled for Bernice, OK and found a site or two that said it was in Ottawa county.... called Sherry at the park and NO, Bernice Park and town are in DELAWARE county and Delaware Co. is still under the burn ban !!!! :x

She is going to double check and get back with me. She said they were all confused why the gov. office lifted for one county there and not another....

I"m so sorry !!! I'll let you know what I hear from her.

WARPONY When you called the Gov's office, did you ask about the city/park of Bernice or the county name????
Call em back for me -- I'm at an award luncheon part of today .... thanks!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:50 am

That burnband is binding things up!

Julie, I guess pork chops are out (I'll check this site tonight before bed to see if the band has been lifted though.)

Well, I put my one-burner electric hot plate in my Tear last night.

You know, if it is going to be cold, does anyone besides me like gumbo or Frito Pie? Maybe we can do a BYOB (Bring your own bowl ...and spoon) :lol: Just a thought if we can't have an open flame.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:05 am

I've thought of buying one of those two burner elec 'stoves' that Walgreen's sells for about $18 , as an alternative / easy cooking device! Like if I didn't get propane or something.

I can still do some drumsticks over charcoal...

NOTE ------ The burn ban means no wood campfires, and no wood cooking but you can charcoal cook in the grills. And dutch oven cooking on charcoal is fine.

from the proclamation:
CAMPFIRES AND OUTDOOR COOKING

Outdoor campfires and bonfires are prohibited. LPG and natural gas grills and charcoal - fired cooking outside in a grilling receptacle are permitted provided that the activity is conducted over a non flammable cooking surface and at least five feet from flammable vegetation.
Coleman-type pressurized stoves are exempt. However, any fire resulting from grilling or the use of one of these cookers or stoves is still an illegal fire.
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:07 am

Ps..... Friday night is not really a potluck, but if we all wanna eat together that's cool... I am just gonna grill a few drumsticks and fixins

Dave & Cindy and WarPony (Jeff) and Anna are getting there about 11 pm....

Saturday night is the big potluck !

LET'S GO CAMPING !!!! CAMPFIRE OR NO !!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central