LCG - "Who's Bringing What List"

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:31 am

well, I checked the weather at www.accuweather.com and the 10 day out forecast shows 60% chance of rain on that Friday the 27th but then Saturday and Sunday dry and sunny.

So pack your umbrellas and rain panchos just in case !!!

Anyone have an extra EZ UP that could protect my new baby, the Jewel Box? I got one coat of primer on last night, and will sand and do another this weekend but don't know if actual paint will be on it by then !!!
And I know I have some spots to make diverters, or fix a potential leak ! ack!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:35 am

Julie, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the playground area...I will however remind everyone that the camping area is HEAVILY wooded with a little clear area between the road and the lake where we will set up a common area...there is no pavillion in the camping area...
On another note...did anyone else get a letter from the campground inviting them to a Halloween covered dish supper at the rally pavillion...I'll have ta call 'em up and see what's up with that.....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:15 pm

madjack wrote:On another note...did anyone else get a letter from the campground inviting them to a Halloween covered dish supper at the rally pavillion...I'll have ta call 'em up and see what's up with that.....
madjack 8)

No, I haven't gotten one... but OMG ! More FOOD !!??? Like we need that?

I don't think I'll even need to bring a campstove since Charles and You and Trudy apparently love to cook!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby McTeardrops » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:02 pm

We seem to be a month or so behind everyone else in our planning. Where / how do we order T-shirts? We need one XL and one XXL. We'll be arriving Thursday late in the afternoon or early evening.
Lenny & Joanne
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:28 pm

Hey Joanne, Lenny.... glad you decided to make it !!! I can't remember who's doing the T shirts... MJ is the guru for all this...

See ya there!!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby McTeardrops » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Hey Julie!
We're finally getting our act together and coming. Hope to see the Jewel Box! :thumbsup:
Joanne
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Joanne, I was hoping you and Lenny would come to your senses and comeon down :D ;) ...consider the T's ordered...see ya Thursday........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby forestfrog » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:45 pm

And does drinking margaritas count as a sport?

Definitely!! :icedtea:

I'm planning on bringing cups and extra supplies for Tony's Margarita Machine and will bring a side dish and dessert to share. May bring the bocce ball set too. Oh, and extra firewood!

Any other geocachers attending? I may try to find a couple of nearby caches if time allows.

See y'all next week!
:campfire:
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby TxTeardropGuy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:47 pm

Do you need Taquila for the magarita machine? This is the first gathering I will attend and can't wait to meet all my fellow Texans,Cajuns and Sooners since i grew up in Tulsa. I guess I better include Razorbacks. LOL! It doesn't sound as if anybody will go hungry. 9 days and counting!!
Geoffrey
TxTeardropGuy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby vairman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:59 pm

I got the letter today, I think I might pass on that one...

Greg :)
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby tonyj » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:41 pm

TxTeardropGuy wrote:Do you need Taquila for the magarita machine?
Geoffrey

I am planning to bring enough so everyone can have a couple of drinks, so I think I have that covered, but a few extra bottles in reserve won't hurt. You never really want to run out of Tequila! By the way, if anyone is one of those people who turn into the Hulk when they drink Tequila, let me know ahead of time so nobody gets hurt!! :lol:

MJ--I got the letter on the covered dish supper from the campground today, too. Hope they aren't counting on us to show up.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby davel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:34 pm

We got our letter today too.
davel
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 pm

tonyj wrote:
MJ--I got the letter on the covered dish supper from the campground today, too. Hope they aren't counting on us to show up.

...if they promise not to be obnoxious at ours, I promise not to be obnoxious at theirs :D ;) ....... 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Food

Postby Buck » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:04 pm

I think we got 4 of us cooking chili. Lise and I are gonna cook up a big batch however. I do not think we can feed all the troops.(seems like the list is getting longer and longer of campers) Lise is making magic cookie bars for any dessert we want to use them for, be it lunch or dinner. I feel very confident that we have all of the meals covered. Don't forget I will have snacks going all day Sat. ie: jalapenos, etc. Might even throw some ribs on the grill!!! :R
Buck
Teardrop Master

Postby davel » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:20 pm

Cindy and I will throw in another pot of chilie on Saturday. I think that would give us all plenty.
davel
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central