September Texas Gathering

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby SteveH » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:41 am

Cindy,

I'm dieing to hear about the "teardrop hatchtastrophy". Want to see if there's anything I need to do to prevent it from happening to me!

By the way, about the Chili cookout at Inks Lake, does it sound OK to you if we bring tamales? Personally, I think they go good with chili.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Hatchtastrophy

Postby Cindy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:43 pm

Steve,
Ok, Dave won't tell so I will. There were two problems. 1) The prop for the hatch is not attached to the hatch to hold it down. 2) The part that the hinge is on was glued and nailed to the hatch instead of screwed. The wind hit the open hatch and blew it off and it flew through the air hitting the van hatch. I was standing at the galley when it happened. I'm glad it didn't hit somebody cause that would have been bad. Of course, that meant a trip to "Lowes."
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby Chris C » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:24 pm

In general, that just goes to show.......................good glue and screws make a good combination. :applause: Glad you or no one else was hurt when your "kite" took off. :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby mexican tear » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:29 pm

Cindy

What is the web site for reservations? Lois has a Dr. appt. some time before that and I think we can stay up for the gathering.

So count us in! As soon as I find out how to get in touch with the campground. I will keep you informed.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby davel » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:33 pm

Kai,

Glad to hear from ya'll. Cindy said to let you know that she does her reservations through:
http://www.reserveamerica.com

That's really great, can't wait to see you again. Be great for some of the other Texans to meet you too.
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:42 pm

Cindy and Dave,

Glad the "hatchtastrophy" wasn't too bad and no one was hurt. I was concerned about just that type of thing happening early on in the construction of my tear.

Just goes to show, what ever can happen, will.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mexican tear » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:44 pm

I have the web site up, however I do not know what camping site to choose. Where is everyone staying. Site numbers please!!

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:50 pm

I'd say to select some in the high 200's that have electric and water. You don't really reserve a specific site, you just reserve a spot then are given a specific site when you get there. I think the plan is to reserve a site and when we start to arrive ask to be grouped with the others.

Cindy: Please correct me if I'm wrong.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:54 pm

This is probably sites 280-287 as seen from the camp store and boat ramp.

asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mexican tear » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:04 pm

OK guys

I made reservations, See ya'll there.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Reservations

Postby Cindy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:39 pm

Rocky,
You are right. Just make a reservation for a non-specific site then I will contact them and say that we want a certain grouping and we will all be put there together.
Guys, I won't be able to make my reservation till the 25th but we should be ok.
If anybody doesn't know where to go to make reservations, go to www.reserveamerica.com and register to log in. You can also call but it is so easy to do it that way. You have to pay for the first night though.

Whoever mentioned tamales, (I'm not quite used to how to keep track of this) that would be great. I love tamales. I might even make some apple enchiladas for desert, hmmm. I may make some right now - where is that cream cheese?
:eyebrows:
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby davel » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:29 pm

OK :P Cindy and I are reserved. Went out and fixed a computer so we had the money to reserve now and not wait till payday.

With all this talk of tamales and now the apple enchilades, I'm ready to hookup and head out now.
davel
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:50 pm

We are reserved also.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby poolking » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:48 pm

Hey All,

Guess it's time for us to join in on the fun. We don't have a teardrop trailer at this time. We hope to start building one before the end of the year. We have been looking at tears on the web on and off for about 4years. We do have a 4X8 trailer we haul our camping gear in behind the jeep.

We have made our reservations and are looking forward to meeting you folks and looking at your tears. :applause:

poolking
poolking
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mexican tear » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:01 pm

Poolking
I will be glad to meet you. Minden was my first outing and we love the teardrop thing. It will be great to have you there.
kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central