Grand Lake, OK - Bernice State Park SEPT 15-17

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby reo-ron » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:04 pm

Hey all who want to meet in Tulsa at 12noon friday , The QT at I-44 and Garnett is kinda small ,however across the street is a Werehouse Market Grocery Store with a large parking lot. Might be a little easier getting in and out. ( I know you girls like to practice your trailer backing skills) . The weather man in Tulsa says 88-90 degrees for saturday and 90-93 for sunday. I would be happy to provide a little Gumbo cooking info ,except it's kinda warm for MY gumbo if it's 85-90 degrees. My reciepe comes from years in south LA. and work in the Tug Boat business. Let me know later today as I'm packing the trailer tonight.
Ron in Tulsa
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:29 pm

Hey Ron, that Warehouse Market parking lot sounds good...
Looks like there will be me, Karol, Todah, maybe Ed &Ruby, and Rick & Linda (?) and you?

I 've got several people's cell numbers so we'll catch up.

Spicy gumbo huh? haha

PS .. for those coming in late.... There is no locked gate so just drive on in and find us. We might be up still, have our feet kicked up around a pile of lanterns....
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:27 pm

Reo-Ron,

Initially, I was set to do pork chops Friday night, changed my menu when misunderstood the burn band rule (OKJewels clarified it though.) But, I'm set on Frito pie. In that this will only be my Tears 2nd camping trip, 1st in possible rain, I'd better keep it simple.

I have thumped 3 good ole' watermelons for this weekend.

If anybody has an empty cardboard box (about 18 - 20"), please bring it. I have a box that will hold two melons. I figue, I'll line the box with plastic and throw some ice on top to chill them... Nothing like chilled melon in the heat. :twisted:

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:18 pm

I usually bring the firewood in a big rubbermaid container, but will probably put extra charcoal and such in there. So when we get there, we can take that out and you can use that for the 'melons...
hmmmmm sounds good right now.

Again, Friday is just an unorganized anybody wanna bring your food over to this table and eat with us? you don't have to make enough for all, and we might not all be eating at the same time, but what the heck?
"Teardrop Time!"

;)
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

More tearjerkers

Postby OzarkWonder » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:51 pm

My wife Julie and I (Kenton) will be down to Bernice Park sometime Friday night (15 Sept) but will have to leave sometime Saturday.

Have Fun!
- Kenton
OzarkWonder
Teardrop Inspector

Postby McTeardrops » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:15 pm

We'll leave Texarkana round about 8:30, which should get us to the park around 3:00.
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby tonyj » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:02 pm

Julie and all--y'all have a great campout. And bring us back some pics!
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Packed and ready!!!

Postby Rickxr2 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm

We are packed and ready to roll!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks!

Linda and Rick

:campfire: :Flippin Burger:
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:01 pm

..hope y'all havva great time...can't wait to see da pics...sorry I can't be there but hope to all of you in Oct..... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:54 pm

Whooo Hooooo,
Ya'll missed a fantastic dinner. I get to be first because we didn't stay the night. We did drive down to Bernice and spend the day with a fantastic group of people.

Thank you all for making us welcome and sharing your campsite with us and showing us your T/TTT's.

And a special thank you to Trudy for helping me with my first dutch oven cook. The wind blew all day so the coals were spent before the marsh mellows browned :roll: But the candied yams cooked in no time and didn't stick. (the marshmellow stuck some).

Pictures tomorrow. Dave Lovelace has a bunch of real good ones.

BTW all the tears are great but you guys gotta see the "We Be Gone." It is as special as it looks.
Nighty night/
Last edited by Miriam C. on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby WarPony » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:23 pm

We made it home alright and as per usual, we had a great time!!! I hope all that were left this morning escaped the torrential rain we ran through near Vinita, OK. It looked as if most everyone was packing up when we hit the road.

Man, did my trailer leak!! Window, door, roof vent............ but I didn't design my rig to handle sideways rain, just the up and down stuff. Well, back to the design room for modifications :thumbdown: .

It was great meeting new people and seeing old faces again.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:30 pm

So, where are the pictures?
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:40 pm

Well, Cindy and I just got home. I'll have the pics up in a little while. The rain was torrential, but we found a great place for breakfast and just watched it come down. Man we love to eat breakfast. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:10 pm

Well were home. went back to bed after you all left and slept till about 8 but still hit alot of ran from Bernice till about 30 miles north or Fort Scott.

Miriam, Trudy said it was her pleasure and can't wait till next time. Get your tear done and we'll have to start meeting up somewhere in mid MO for lessons and alot of camping.

Great gathering can't wait till Halloween.

Waitin on the pics Dave.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby asianflava » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:54 pm

davel wrote:Well, Cindy and I just got home. I'll have the pics up in a little while. The rain was torrential, but we found a great place for breakfast and just watched it come down. Man we love to eat breakfast. :thumbsup:

Bluebonnet Tear strikes again! :lol:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central