Beaver's Bend - More sites available.......

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:44 pm

Well I'm with Dave, I'm ready to go. Everything is packed except what goes in the back of truck (in a neat pile by door) and the ice chest. Will grab Banana pudding ingredients after work tomorrow and make pudding before work Friday and I'm all set. We decided not to take the motorcycle. We hate to pull it and only have 1 day to do any riding.

Friday is almost here

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Rickxr2 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:25 pm

Hey Greg & Terri,

What do we need to do to talk you into going to Beavers Bend? First, you're not alone, this will be our maiden camping trip also. About a 235 mile trip for us. Second, you're among fellow teardroppers, what better place for a test run. Third, the more the merrier!

Rick & Linda :)
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:50 pm

Greg, you guys should go ahead and join us.
I think all of us could pitch in if there were a problem. I think Pat is bringing the duct tape. What else could you need if there were a problem? :lol:
We will miss sharing stories with you. I'm sure we will get to see your tear soon.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

bend

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:29 pm

My stuff is in the car, well most of it. The tent (ugh) the air bed and pump (another ugh) and the chairs and the lantern, batteries, etc are right inside the garage by the ice chest.
Grocery store tomorrow night. My list is ready I think! and then I'll get the breakfast items chopped and ready on Friday morning I think. I was going to get a bike carrier for the car and bring it with me but I'll decide tomorrow. I'll bring a scrabble game and deck of cards just in case .

OH and I have my list of things to check out with you seasoned Teardroppers and your rigs. I would like to see how your lighting is at nighttime, porchlights, stabilizers, etc.

I almost bought a Lodge Cast iron deep skillet and cover the other day, and thought of making Dutch Oven Potatoes, but I think I'll just do a make ahead potato salad for the potluck.

WOOHOO!!!! :Flippin Burger: :ilovecamp: :running man: :campfire: :pinktear:

LET"S GO CAMPIN !!!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chris C » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:34 pm

I've got the trailer mostly packed with all our stuff. Utility trailer, not a teardrop! :( I'll do the final packing tomorrow. We plan on pulling out at about 6 am so we can have lunch with a friend of Fran's who lives there in Idabel. We'll see all of you around 2 pm, I'd guess. I'm really looking forward to getting outside again. I hate the confines of walls. Love the out of doors. (Where there are NO doors!) :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby kajamelu4 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:24 am

Lucas and I were still packing this evening. Got as much done as we could. Another complication however. My brother was taken to the ER around noon. Yep, him in one hospital, and my dad in another across town. However, brother was sent home this evening around 9:30. (They think he has a kidney stone.) Dad is much better. He has another test run in the morning, but the tests from today all look good. (Infection much better.)

My friend Karla and her son Andrew are coming with us. (As long as my family is ok Friday morning, we will still be there.)

One-pot spaghetti fixins are in the teardrop for Saturday evening. (I told yall, I don't cook much.)

I really, really, really, need this camping trip. Hope everything works out and the weather is good too.

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Rickxr2 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:04 am

Karol,
Glad to see your dad is doing better. Hopefully your brothers kidney stone will pass quickly. Look forward to seeing you at the "Bend". Our prayers are with you and your family.

Rick & Linda
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:20 am

I'm ready, I wish everything else was. As usual I'm working on the tear. We'll start packing tonight after school. I've taken tomorrow off so I'll finish everything in the morning and be ready to leave as soon as Cindy gets off.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:33 am

Karol,

Hang in there, gal.......................life is just a journey. We never know where it will take us. It's mostly convoluted! But from experience, we know, intellectually, we'll get through to the other side of whatever problems we face. Keep the faith.

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:04 pm

UGH!!! It's supposed to be miserably hot on Saturday (miserably hot to me, at least) http://tinyurl.com/gmkag

Chris C

bb

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:24 pm

BRING YOUR UMBRELLAS... but lets hope we don't really need them.
I'm going to leave the bike at home, I guess.
There is a *slight* chance of a shower on Friday and Saturday, but that isn't going to stop me. I just wish I had my teardrop done!!!

I am assuming more than one of you has an EZ up or such?

Great !!!

I'm hoping to get as much as I can done tonite and be there around noonish tomorrow !!!!

PS>>>>>> Let's talk about some other campout areas and ideas too!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:20 pm

Just a quick update. I called the park today and asked a few questions.

The North Entrance is the easiest route with a trailer. I think he said it is road 259A. We are in the Buckeye area. If there is a question just stop and ask any park host.

We pay the park host for the second night if it is cash or check.
If you are paying with a credit/debit card you will need to go to the park office to pay.

When you arrive let the park host know you are with the "Modisette party"

OK. You all need to get off the computer and get everything finished up and packed. Get the house straight so it will be nice and tidy when you return. Wash next weeks clothes so you won't have to do that Sunday night. Look over your list one more time. Run get that last item.
Boy is it going to be a long night.

See you all tomorrow evening.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:27 pm

UPS just now rolled up with my camera. It's been in Calif. for repairs. WHEW! Talk about coming in under the wire! So now I can get real pictures of all your ugly mugs..............mine too! 8) :lol: See you all tomorrow.

:M "On the road again, :M can't wait to get on the road again". :M

Chris C

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:34 pm

Chris C wrote:UPS just now rolled up with my camera. It's been in Calif. for repairs. WHEW! Talk about coming in under the wire! So now I can get real pictures of all your ugly mugs..............mine too! 8) :lol: See you all tomorrow.

:M "On the road again, :M can't wait to get on the road again". :M

Alright Chris...

Looking forward to seeing your pics...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:45 pm

Alright, I'll be posting them..............but be forewarned, my camera is really an automatic copywrite machine. So any ideas I photograph are all mine, all mine, all mine, all mine.:CC :crazy:

(Can't wait to get away, I need a vacation!) :dancing

Chris C

PreviousNext

Return to South Central