Grand Lake, OK - Bernice State Park SEPT 15-17

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby davel » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:57 pm

Well what can I say? :roll: It was nice to see the rain though, it's been a long time for us. We actually seem to have brought it home with us.

All I can say is that if ya'll camp with us you'll eventually find and fix all of your leaks. :D
davel
Donating Member

Postby rubyede » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 pm

Well we are home and what a great time we had.We met a lot of new friends but it was more like reconnecting with old friends. Everyone was so nice and friendly it was like we had known them forever. I can hardly wait for Lousiana to see (I hope) all of you again and meet some more new-old friends.And I gotta get in on this DO cooking. Trudy if you give lessons I will sign up. What a Great Time :applause: :applause: Ruby
rubyede
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:54 pm

asianflava wrote:
davel wrote:Well, Cindy and I just got home. I'll have the pics up in a little while. The rain was torrential, but we found a great place for breakfast and just watched it come down. Man we love to eat breakfast. :thumbsup:

Bluebonnet Tear strikes again! :lol:

Happy you all made it home safe. We arent' complaining about the rain. Thanks Dave and Cindy, come again. We needed it.

Dave-Pictures are great!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:44 am

Thank you all for coming !!! :applause: This is was my first time to organize any campout , and only wish I could've had a say so in the weather! We all survived though.

Our daytime visitors were a welcome site too! Miriam and Mike stayed a while, so did Rick (rickxr2's) parents , that was a nice surprise.

AND southern California's - oops! now Oklahoma's -- NIC is going to be living in eastern Oklahoma and he was able to come down after dark Saturday and at least meet a few folks and see some teardrops by flashlight. But I hope we made him feel welcome!

We had tons of great food, great laughs and conversation , and some aggravating football (OU was ROBBED!!!) and no campfire but watch some Comedy Central funnies! Who says we're roughing it??

Glad y'all made it home okay, we had rain all the way to OKC so I'm glad I didn't chance it with the Jewel Box this weekend !!!!

Hope everyone else let's us know you made it home!

Julie
Last edited by oklahomajewel on Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby kajamelu4 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:02 am

It was a great weekend! And Dave, I gotta say, Thanks so much for the rain! We really need it! :lol:

It was great seeing friends that we have met before, and meeting new ones too! And the food at the potluck was great!
See you all in Louisana!!!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:20 am

Koodos (sp?) to Julie for great organization of the event. Really, yall, we couldn't have asked for better weather while we camped. I know the wind blew quite a bit, but it cooled things off.

On Sunday, the thunder was the pop of the race gun and everyone got on their mark, set, and ready to go.

There was hard rain 90% of my trip home, but I thanked the LORD for it. Maybe the burn band will be lifted after this weekend.

War Pony, I had leaks too. The good thing was that they were leakes where I expected them. My inner-channel hatch drainage system worked. But I am going to have to get the hatch sides sealed better.

This was my first Tear gathering and my first taste of Trudy's truely delicious breakfast and cobbler. I think an actual Dutch oven seminar is in order at the next gathering.

...back to writing my paper. It's due in 2 hours.

Todah

th
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby davel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:01 pm

Karol,

Ya'll are more than welcome for the rain. 8) We actually managed to take about and inch and a half home with us. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby hap » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:26 pm

Howdy ya`ll,

Sorry about not reporting in. My phone has been dead all day, we had a cut cable here. I guess I`m lucky to be an early riser cuz I left before the rain started. Had a few drops on the way home and that was it. Had a nice rain today tho.Had a good time. Looking forward to La.

Thanks to Julie for setting this up.

Hap
hap
Teardrop Advisor

Postby McTeardrops » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:02 pm

Lenny and I got home safely at about 3pm. We had a terrific time. The pictures make me smile (most of them do; some of them make me wince...) Reconnecting with old friends, and making new ones. What could be better? See y'all at Lake Bistineau.
Dave, that was a unique shot of our tear (thru your front windshield on the highway in the downpour). Lenny said "Are we really that narrow?" If Dave's camera makes things seem narrower, you may see my on the interstate hanging on tha back of the tear in a downpour. Cheers! Joanne
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:12 pm

Yes it is that narrow. It looks really good from behind. The lights from the pickup and the trailer make an interesting pattern. We enjoyed following you until you turned off.

Cindy shot that one. If I had shot it, it would have looked wider. :lol:
davel
Donating Member

Thanks Julie!

Postby OzarkWonder » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:36 am

We had a good time. Got home well before the rain. Sorry we missed dinner. What a nice group of people. I hope to see you all again.

Kenton
- Kenton
OzarkWonder
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Thanks Julie!

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:56 am

OzarkWonder wrote:We had a good time. Got home well before the rain. Sorry we missed dinner. What a nice group of people. I hope to see you all again.

Kenton

Kenton ( & Julie & Katie) .... we're so glad you came ! It was a nice surprise and good to see your puppies too !

I didn't see your post from Friday morning and was surprised y'all left early on Saturday ... but that's alright. We just hoped it wasn't something we'd done! (or the food! hahaha)

Hope we camp with ya again!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Julie I had a great time at Bernice. You did a great job getting all the hard work done for us to be there. I wish I was further along with the trailer.
I had a great supprise when I got up monday morning to check on my trailer. Everything fared well on the ride back and only had one lid leak on my cargo in the trailer ( Lots of heavy rain most of the way home ). Also Christmas came early this year and brought me a very well used TIG welder for my projects from a friend that knew I was looking for one.
I did lost traction from the rains going back home but the traction control on the truck worked like it was designed to even with the trailer. Very heavy rains as I entered Arkansas at Springdale on from 412 Senic Route to almost Windslow, Arkansas as I turned South on I-540 in Arkansas. Hap sound like you made it OK.

Fun Fun Fun looking forward to the next one.

Pat :applause: :thumbsup: :)
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to South Central