Beaver's Bend - More sites available.......

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby backwoodsman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:10 pm

just got home from work.............

SHOULD I START PACKING NOW :QM :thinking:

We "hope" to leave around noon tomorrow. Should put us there around 4:00 or 5:00

We gonna bring some possum and grits for Saturday night. :applause:

Greg
You don't know what you don't know!
backwoodsman
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:24 pm

I want to see a real live picture of backwoodsman.

His avatar is hilarious... I wanna know if he has moonshine, a rifle, and a backwoods computer... Can you guys do that for me?

:lol:

Mike....
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby backwoodsman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:30 pm

mikeschn wrote:I want to see a real live picture of backwoodsman.

His avatar is hilarious... I wanna know if he has moonshine, a rifle, and a backwoods computer... Can you guys do that for me?

:lol:

Mike....

I will be bringing "the pie jug" .........for Linda! ;)

g
You don't know what you don't know!
backwoodsman
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:47 pm

Chris C wrote:Alright, I'll be posting them..............but be forewarned, my camera is really an automatic copywrite machine. So any ideas I photograph are all mine, all mine, all mine, all mine.:CC :crazy:

(Can't wait to get away, I need a vacation!) :dancing

Muhahaha!
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:53 pm

Yes Master Mike! 8) :lol: Your wish is my command! :bowdown:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:23 pm

Mike, Backwoodsman does reenactments. He brought a XXX jug to the Athens gathering. I know he has muzzle loaders and does hatchet throwing. He can tell you what else he does. His user name fits. His avatar......Well.....You'll have to wait for Chris's pics.

Greg, We are bringing our beverage of choice but I knew you wouldn't forget me..... :?
Rocky are you sure you and Mel can't come? I'm making Banana pudding tonight.....
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:33 pm

Aw, this is gonna be kewl... Im looking forward to your pictures...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:34 pm

Wish we could be there for the entire weekend but it just ain't possible so wife & I will drive over Saturday morning for the day. Wife is making a honey bun cake & I'll pack both cameras & a notebook. I plan to take lots of pix & also pick everyone's brain on construction details & such. Looking forward to seeing y'all there.

Spent a weekend at Beavers Bend in 1977 with a bunch of other GI folks from Tinker AFB. Not sure but I believe that's where we saw a giant white oak tree that was some kind of record for size or age??

Anyway, everyone drive safe :EXP See ya :thumbsup:

Harv
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:49 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote: Rocky are you sure you and Mel can't come? I'm making Banana pudding tonight.....
Linda

Thanks for remembering us Linda, I'm at work right now, it is my long week to work=short weekend which means I have to work till Sun morning. I usually have to take 2 days off when we go away for the weekend on a long week. For some reason all the campouts (Cedar Hill, Beavers Bend, Inks Lake) all fall on my long weeks.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:53 pm

Harvey, We'll see you guys Saturday.

Rocky, we might just have to plan a gathering around your schedule and Steve H's schedule. Don't feel left out...We can't attend the Inks Lake gathering. You know.. We might just have to have our own Inks Lake trip.

I'll save you some Banana pudding :lol:

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:05 am

I can't wait to get this teardrop done. We pitched the tent tonight so we wouldn't look like a couple dopes tomorrow (like that will help) and started packing the car. It's amazing how much stuff you pack that will always e in the trailer and ready to go; bed, bedding, NO tent, stove, cooler,etc., etc.... I hope this first time in this tent is also my last. Looking forward to seeing you all Friday afternoon, late.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

bb

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:33 am

Scott, I plan on this being my last time in a tent too! I was thinking the same thing... all this packing stuff that would normally be in the tear--- even the plates, utensils, foil, skewers, batteries.... can't wait for the ease of the teardrop!!!

I hit the store tonite and bought too much! I'm not going to rush myself too much in the morning, but will need to pack the ice chest and stop at the wally world, then it's on the highway!!! I hope to leave before noon and it's a 3 hr trip.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Oh, and I'm bringing enough for one good campfire, three bags of sticks and wood. And a bag of marshmallows and will stop for some frosty beverages tomorrow ( I owe ya one Sylvia!)

LET"S GO CAMPIN :Flippin Burger: :ilovecamp: :miriams: :campfire:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chris C » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 am

Pullin out! See ya all there!
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby SteveH » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:43 am

Y'all be careful, have a good time, and take lots of pictures. We want to see the evidence! :lol: :D :thumbsup:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:00 am

SteveH wrote:Y'all be careful, have a good time, and take lots of pictures. We want to see the evidence! :lol: :D :thumbsup:

...names may be changed to protect the innocent :lol:
...we finished the punch list on the Alligator Tear last nite at 10PM...nothing is packed, organized or ready...will haveta do it all in the morning so may not leave until noon Which will put us at BB about 6PM...see y'all there...hey Greg, this will be the first outing for us also so be there are be square :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to South Central