Beaver's Bend - More sites available.......

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby McTeardrops » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:29 pm

This is Joanne (the other half of McTeardrops). I guess we're the first ones home from Beavers Bend. Truly a great time. A little rain can't dampen the enthusiasm of Teardroppers! Looking forward to pictures on the site.
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:30 pm

Of course you were the first ones home Joanne. you were the closest that I can see. We got home about 1:20. It took us 5 hours and 10 minutes from camp site to driveway. I've unloaded everything, washed everything, repacked anything that we used and Charles backed tear in shop to start building new hatch. Hope he does soon I'd like to go somewhere close and ride motorcycle Good Friday and Saturday.
Well anyways we had a blast.
We had 9 Tears, 38 adults, 7 children and 1 dog.
The park host was nice enough to put us at the end of a long circle where we could use a pavillion since it was not rented.
We had a couple of showers and thunder storms but we all still had lots of fun.
I'm sure Chris C will post pics soon because all I saw were flashes. :lol:
By the way. We found Madjack. Be sure to look at da pics and see if u can find him.
Oh yea, Rocky, I have a pic of the banana pudding I saved for you. One of us will get it posted for you very soon.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby McTeardrops » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:50 pm

We got home, unloaded everything, and then set up the chairs and changing tent to dry out. Then came a brief rainshower... Sounds familiar :)
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby Nobody » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:15 pm

Wife & I got home last nite around 11PM (left Beavers Bend around 7:30) after spending the day with a whole buncha great folks & seeing some nice teardrops. They also fed us a great meal :ok: . Got lots of info & some personal advice on TD construction. Teardroppers, being adventurous souls anyway, weren't bothered much by a couple of T'storms & a little rain. I took a passel of pix but as I was a guest at this gathering, I'll not post them in my album 'til the regulars get their licks in ;) . Had a great time & am pretty hyped to "get to buildin' my TD". Have already decided I'm gonna try a little different design on my hatch/seal as there were a couple of small leaks. Thanks y'all for puttin up with us :thumbsup: .
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

home from bb

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:16 pm

Home again , Home again!

WOW What an awesome weekend !!!
:applause: :applause: :applause:
This was a great teardrop campout, rain or shine! I hung around chatting (again) with Dave and Cindy, and he said he'd probably post his pics tomorrow. Drove to the other park, Hochatown, but I would say our spot at Buckeye was superior!! Let's do it again next year or so!!!

Thanks to everyone for the GREAT food ( even the possum) and some laughs and fun - what happens at the campfire-stays at the campfire- and lots more teardrop building ideas. I've changed more than just my building plans- I'm definitely going with an a/c instead of the ceiling fan, and more I'll post later.

It's a beautiful day in OKC , car is unloaded and if it weren't for cleaning up stuff I'd be out there working on my sides !!!

Thanks everybody for a GREAT time!!!! :woohoo: :applause:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby s4son » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:18 pm

We got home about 2:30. With the time change I'm not sure when we left, I just know it was still dark. We wanted to say good-bye to everyone properly but thought better of waking everybody up. We had a great time and echo what has already been said about teardroppers, they are truely a great bunch of folks. I'll get some pictures posted as soon as we get caught up. Thanks everyone for a great weekend but a special thank you to Linda for organizing everything.

Scott and Sylvia

Lunch Saturday was a little wet. :lol:
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:50 pm

What an absolutely great time was had by all...we didn't get home untill 6PM 'cause when we stopped at McD's in Broken
Bow for some luch folks kept stoppin' us to question about the tear...we were there a couple of hours just showin' it off...ain't this a great passtime :D

Scott, y'all shoulda walked around...it was only 5Am and several of us where up when ya left...glad ya made it home ok and enjoyed meeting y'all and everyone else...we'll have to talk to Dave about that rain jinx thing :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:15 am

:Flippin Burger: :campfire: :picnic: :picklejuice: :banana: :designing: :question: :fan: :ok: :thumbsup: :applause:

Had a great time with all of you at Bever Bend. :D
I did not have a camera but made some notes on some ideas of for me to start on my Tear.

Madjack I will probly end up with two Trailers and one ( ???? ) frame :thinking:

Thank you very much Linda for all the planning and making reservations and the signs. I hope that will be the last time I show-up with a tent.

I took the long route back home thru Queenwillimena Park back home.
8) ( I will have to remember this Park for later campouts )
Oh it took me just over three hours to drive down from home. An hour of that was the last 20 miles behind large road equipment they where moving on the highway ( 259 ).

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Had a great time thanks to all for the good time, good food, good ideas.

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby davel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:29 am

Madjack, maybe you could find us a rain repellent potion. :lol:
davel
Donating Member

Postby reo-ron » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:59 am

Hello All, I want the attendees of the FIRST ANNUAL Beaver's Bend trip to know even thought my trip was late to arrive and early to depart, I had a great time. I even got my lawn mowed on Sunday. Since I forgot the camera it's great to see everyones pics. Please spread the word the Kampmaster is for sale and I'm buying the steel to start my frame on a modernistic copy this week. Hope all had a safe trip home.
Ron in Tulsa
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Chris C » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:21 am

It was a fun weekend. Sorry I wasn't more sociable. As you know, we had Fran's son along and I didn't want him to think the whole weekend was about my obsession. :lol: So we spent as much time with just him as we could and still have the opportunity to meet all the fine folks who were in attendance. Hope everyone made it home safe and sound and didn't meet Doug along the way. (i.e. no car problems.) :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby davel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:23 pm

Your a good, considerate man Chris. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:53 pm

Gorsh!!!! :oops:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Previous

Return to South Central