September Texas Gathering

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:22 pm

Poolking, Glad to have you on the forum. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Kai and Lois, looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Well Charles might come along for the ride but go dove hunting during the day. We'll see. Trying to get some friends to come along and use whichever tear we don't use. Have friend here in Lufkin planning to build sometime in the next year or so. They will try to come out to look at everyone else's tears. Saw both of ours and all pics from Minden.

Sounds like we might just have a good size gathering.
See you all in September.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby GeorgeT » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:45 pm

Hey Poolking, welcome to the forum and to the meet at Inks Lake. Looks like we got a bonafide gatherin'. Lookin' forward to meetin' everyone. My wife Laura and I are thinkin' on what to bring to add to the feast. Still figurin'. :thinking: See ya there if not sooner somewhere! :thumbsup:
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby backwoodsman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:08 pm

I'm not sure of my schedule yet, but I'm sure as heck gonna try to make it.

Greg
You don't know what you don't know!
backwoodsman
Donating Member

We got us a gathering

Postby Cindy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:37 am

Wow! Wow!We have a gathering. We have Sonny & Dixie, Linda & Charles, Lenny & Joanne, Lois & Kai, George & Family, Rocky & family, Steve & Family, Me & Dave and Pool King (name?).
We will have chili, tamales, and apple enchiladas on Saturday night.
Other than that there are no plans except for Charles to go hunting.
I am looking forward to it so much that I want to go Now!
Cindy
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby bg » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:40 pm

I'm thinking about it. Trying to figure out if a tear is in the budget with the current price of gas...
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Come and see

Postby Cindy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:56 pm

Why not just join us with a tent and see what teardrops are all about? You might get hooked!
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby bg » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:43 pm

I reserved a site. I'll need a mini-vacation by then anyway.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:11 pm

Wow, that is a pretty park!! I would like to see that but it will take me 12 hours to get there....... not much time to see the sights, talk to youns and make it back to T-town in a weekend. I'll put it in my "to visit" list. I love to canoe!!
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Taralyn » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:44 pm

The Brooks Bunch from Houston will be tenting it if the real world work and travel schedule permits. We haven't built yet, but we have plans, and would really like the opportunity to see a few Teardrops up close and personal before starting.

By way of introduction, we'll bring some homebrew to share with fellow beer hounds.
Dean & Taralyn
Houston (Cy-Fair/Katy)
Taralyn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:18 pm

Taralyn, Bill and Sammi and bg: Can't wait to meet you guys
Looks like we will have a good size gathering come September.

Taralyn, we will have to be sure and not pubically display that homebrew(state park rules). Backwoodsman might be jealous. Wonder if your homebrew is tastier than his homebrew :shock:

See you all in September
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:15 am

We are in. I twisted the little woman's arm last night and she said it would be fine, so first thing this morning I made reservations. Looks like we will be in the mid to low 200's camp sites. :applause: We will see yall there.
Hey Steve H what time are you leaving maybe we can caravan.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Inks Lake

Postby Cindy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:11 am

Steve J, wonderful. I hope your wife isn't hurt too bad. She will have a great time. You will be with us since Steve H is going to contact the State Park closer to the date and get us all put together.

In case the rest of you are wondering where all the extra wonderful teardroppers came from, well, I did some contacting. There are many Texas lurkers on this board and I contacted all of them with an invitation. I have gotten answers from several.

We now have at least 9 Tears and 4 Tear Wannabe's. We even have 7 more "maybe's" who don't know yet. Gardenwood wil come and see us on Saturday but Roger is having rotor cuff surgery so can't bring the Tear.
Wow! We got us a tear gathering.
Cindy
Hot Cindy
Cindy
500 Club

Postby SteveH » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:39 pm

Hey Steve H what time are you leaving maybe we can caravan.

Steve,

Don't know for shure because that is a ways off yet, but it will be after work for shure. The earliest we could possibly leave would be about 5 PM.

You will be with us since Steve H is going to contact the State Park closer to the date and get us all put together.

Cindy,

I can easily do that, but it's the first I've heard of it. I'll need a list of people with reservations so I can call. I think we can do it with the reservation names, so can you PM me with that info?

Another thing, has anyone heard anything from Steve Wolverton lately? The last I heard he was trying for another job, but that was several months ago. Shure miss his humor...he always kept me rolling.

Thanks,
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:11 pm

Got you Steve.
well I think the wife will have off that day they have usually shut the schools down for the county stock show. If that is the case we might leave when I get off work at 11:00 am
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:44 pm

Steve,

No problem and I don't blame you, if I could leave at 11, that's what I'd do too.

We should be there before dark at any rate. Sounds like we are going to have a nice sized gathering, and I'm looking foward to seeing everyone that we met a Purtis Creek again, meeting all the new folks and especially seeing all the new teardrops. Can't wait. :twisted:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central