****FALL/WINTER GATHERING****

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: heater?

Postby dacrazyrn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:43 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:... I think it got down to about 39*-40* degrees...
Julie

That is still shorts weather, where I am from. :icedtea:
My trip up to the Continental Divide in Oct., the interior of the tear never got below 40 degrees with one adult and one 4 year old. (He gets as warm as a ceramic heater.) With just my little candle lantern burning before bed... 50-60deg.
The temps outside hit about 10deg and got some SNEET (snow/sleet) and the wind was blowing pretty good most of the time we were there. :snow
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Re: heater?

Postby steve wolverton » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:22 pm

dacrazyrn wrote:With just my little candle lantern burning before bed... 50-60deg.

I wish you guys would stop posting so many cool things like that lantern on here. I want that! ;)

What are those called? Tea candles?
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:41 pm

FYI - There is a REI on 635 in Dallas (They are online as well.) Leave your wallet in the car because they have all kinds of great camping gadgets. :?

This summer, REI was selling an icecream maker that was in the shape of a ball (about the size of a basketball). All you had to do was pour a prepackaged mixture into a container with milk and flavoring. Seal it and place it inside the ball; pack a little ice around the container inside the ball. After the ball is tossed around for 15 to 20 minutes, about a pint of icecream is formed in the container. I was one "scoup" away from buying one. Since I was adding features to my tear, I thought that I'd save my money. I was in the store looking for an attic net, so I stayed the course.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dacrazyrn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:00 pm

Todah Tear wrote:Leave your wallet in the car because they have all kinds of great camping gadgets. :?
Todah

That is my problem with the place!! :ilovecamp: That reminds me, I have a $24 dividend to spend (cuz I spent $320 in 2005-that is just REI though). $>
I have had that lantern for 5+ years and use/used it for tent camping. Light'er up about 10 minutes prior to getting ready for bed....toasty!!
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby vairman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Hey all it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it, just found out family is coming in tomorrow... Maybe next time... Ya'll have fun

Greg

Todah Tear wrote:So is this the "Weather Permit'n" head count? :?

Let me know if I missed someone:

1. CPASPARKS
2. Dave & Cindy
3. Ed & Ruby
4. OKJewel
5. McTeardrops
6. Pat Hopkins
7. Changer
8. AsianFlava
9. Steve Wolverton & Lisa Green
10. Srfrcrux
11. Vairman
12. Ron – Ft Worth
13. Bg – Dallas
14. Jack & Sharon
15. Todah
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:45 am

vairman wrote:Hey all it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it, just found out family is coming in tomorrow... Maybe next time... Ya'll have fun

Greg

Sorry you guys can't make it. Have a safe and enjoyable Christmas season!

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:11 am

:o
Last edited by oklahomajewel on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:17 am

WEATHER ~!!!!! I went to www.accuweather.com and checked for Gainesville TX and see that the area should have sun and daytime highs next weekend of about 65-68* yeah!!!

The nights look to be in the 40s.... chilly but not too bad , huh?

I've got to get the Christmas tree and such up at the house this weekend, and will get the battery hooked up again on the Jewel Box and the painted fenders on and hope to make it next weekend!!!

Is it okay to just show up and pay there, etc? How much per night?
Or .....?
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:22 am

I just called the park. They have several openings. ...so yes, it will be possible to pay at the gate w/o a reservation as long as there are openings.

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:17 pm

I've been waffeling. I want to go but days like this, where it was 29 this morning, make me not want to. I want to see everybody but I have so much stuff going on right now. Events/Christmas parties, getting ready to go to FL, shopping for gifts, etc. Even though we mandated a gifts for the kids , plus a "Secret Santa" and "White Elephant" gift there are still a lot of gifts to buy. I haven't even bought gift #1

Like I said, I'm still waffeling. Who knows, come Friday I might get mad at the other shoppers and head up.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:20 pm

asianflava wrote:I've been waffeling. I want to go but days like this, where it was 29 this morning, make me not want to. I want to see everybody but I have so much stuff going on right now. Events/Christmas parties, getting ready to go to FL, shopping for gifts, etc. Even though we mandated a gifts for the kids , plus a "Secret Santa" and "White Elephant" gift there are still a lot of gifts to buy. I haven't even bought gift #1

Like I said, I'm still waffeling. Who knows, come Friday I might get mad at the other shoppers and head up.

Me too Rocky !!! But all the stress etc makes me also wanna hitch it up and head out of town !!!! It's understandable, being right in the middle of holiday season. It was about 17 degrees here this morning , so those lows in the 40s actually sound good ! hahaha

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby edevans » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:14 pm

Well it seems that things are not going to work out for us to make it.We really wanted to be there, I know you will have a lot of fun. I am glad it looks like the weather will be good.Have a great time. We will be thinking about all of you. Ed & Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:41 pm

Cindy and I can't wait. We got the heater installed today.

Are we planning a pot luck on Saturday?
davel
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:38 pm

Dave, that heater will come in REAL handy in winter weather. I'm a cold sleeper and Anna is worse that I am. We had a 1500W ceramic heater at the LCG and the first night we had it on, the temp was around 38* in the morning............. I woke up and it was about 85* inside!!!!!!! Nice and toasty!!!!!!! :twisted:

Yoos guys have a good time down there. It's too close to Christmas for us to attend.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby davel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:35 pm

WarPony,

It is pretty close to Christmas, but it will be good to get away for a couple of days. Looks like it's going to turn in to a fairly nice weekend.

Ya'll have a good Christmas and we'll catch you next year.

Dave
davel
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central