Cedar Hill - March 17th thru 19th

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby SmokeyBob » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:52 am

With all this rain in the forcast I shure hope the 17th, 18th and 19th are dry. Still trying to get the camper finished on time. If not we will just come out to visit. Hope to see everyone one way or the other.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby WarPony » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:56 pm

Is there still a burn ban in Texas? We (Kansas) have been dry this winter also, but not like youns in TX. Do you know if/ when it will be lifted in time for the gathering? The reason I ask is because I don't want to haul wood 500 miles if I can't use it. I don't have a problem with it because I will haul an electric smoker and a gas stove to cook on but my GF will need to pack some extra clothes if it gets below 90 at night........... I know, don't ask. :x
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby davel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:01 pm

Warpony,

I don't see us getting enough rain by then to see it lifted. We've gotten a good amount of rain but with the wind it dries out real quick.

And yes it is still dropping below 90 at night.
davel
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:03 am

davel wrote:Warpony,

I don't see us getting enough rain by then to see it lifted

I figured that would be the case. We'll plan accordingly and I'll get in touch with you with our full reservations this weekend.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:43 pm

Dave,

Do you have a "head count" yet on who is coming to Cedar Hill?
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:16 pm

Steve,

Cindy's last count was:

Dave & Cindy
Rocky & Mel
Lenny & JoAnn
Lois & Kai
GeorgeT & Laura
SmokeyBob & Judith
Earl
Gary & Trudy
Greg
Warpony
Mike - StJohn
R. Whitley

That's all we we've counted so far, can we count you and Joyce in?
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:02 pm

Dave,

We're not sure yet, but thinking about it. Next week is Joyce's spring break, so the only issue is the weather, and oh yea the other thing, the list. Have to complete the list first. :lol:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:21 am

Steve,

What's a list? :lol: I've gotten where I try my best not acknowledge there even is a list. Doesn't work all the time though. We're getting ready to pull out this afternoon, it's our Spring Break too. Thought it would never get here. We're heading to Monahans, will see everyone at Cedar hill this next week. Can't wait for the day to be over. :applause:
davel
Donating Member

Postby SmokeyBob » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:18 pm

Dave
Just to let you know my wife and I won't make it to the campout. Weather permitting I'll come out Saturday to meet everyone and look at the TD's.

We drove out to Cedar Hill yesterday to look at the campsites. My wife's disabilities would make it difficult for her to use these campsites. And then there is the issue with the camping fees.

I have a Golden Access Passport which allows us to camp at a corps of engineers campsites for half off the camping fees and the daily use fees are free. For example we can camp at Lake Whitney for $8 a day. I found out this GAP pass is no good at Texas State Parks.

Texas in all it's glory and generousity offers a bluebonnet pass for people 65 or older, veterens with disabilities and people with permanent disabilities. They get half off, rounded to the highest dollar, the $5 daily entry fee, so the entry fee is $2 and that's it.

At Cedar Hill it would cost $20 for the camping fees and $2 per person for the entry fee. For me and the wife that's $24 for the first day and $20 for each day after that. A grand total of $64 + tax. Compared to $24 + tax at the other camp grounds. When your on a fixed income that's a big difference.

So unless we win the lottery I think we will avoid Texas State Parks.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby SteveH » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:35 pm

Bob,

I think if you arrive Friday afternoon, and depart Sunday before noon, it's considered two days, and would be $44. Is this right anybody?
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Cedar Creek campout

Postby sharnrose » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:09 am

We'll be there, we also belong to an aircooled VW group and now the big thing is restoring old tiny tent trailers. I have invited these guys to join us. I know most of the trailers here are teardrops. One of my friends has a really neat little trailer arranged just like a teardrop but more bubble shaped, very small though.
sharnrose
Teardrop Inspector

Postby davel » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:46 pm

We just got back from Monahans.

I'm hoping the weather people are going to be wrong for this upcoming weekend. We'll be heading to the park Thursday Morning
Last edited by davel on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davel
Donating Member

Postby bg » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:49 pm

I'll pop in either thursday or friday to say hi.

I hope the forecast is wrong too...
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:28 pm

If it's okay, I am going to try and stop by for a few hours. I will be coming from an out-of-town visit at my mom's in East Texas. I have a church committment Saturday evening, so I won't be able to stay over night.

The burn ban has not been lifted. In fact many parks are enforcing it even more. I tent camped at Hickory Creek this past windy, windy weekend. They wouldn't even allow a Coleman stove. The said that a hot plate or a butane grill that has it's flame totally cover is allowed...no taiki (sp?) lamps, candles, or charcoal. That really put a damper on cooking, but I went Wally World and got an eight-dollar hot plate. Still had good time as the weather was gorgious!

I hope I make it up this way in time because I look forward to viewing all of the Teardrop creativity and madness!
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby LoneStarBob » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:08 pm

davel wrote:We just got back from Monahans.

I'm hoping the weather people are going to be wrong for this upcoming weekend. We'll be heading to the park Thursday Morning

Dave,

I think I saw you headed up Hwy 287 between Midlothian and Mansfield on Friday afternoon. I was head south to Midlothian, home from work. That must have been a quick trip to Monahans and back!
LoneStarBob
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to South Central