****FALL/WINTER GATHERING****

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:49 am

* Dave, I like your heater set-up.

** The weather forecast for this weekend is highes in the 70s and lows of 40 degrees at night (At least that's what was said this morning.).

It looks like the weather is shaping up to be spectacular! :D

*** POTLUCK - I think that I am going work up a batch of spicy baked beans and some pork chops (I have thought about bringing these on my first gathering. but I didn't because it was enough to focus on taking my Tear so far for the 1st time and I had brought so much other stuff. Now my tear is further along. ...and I only bring the necessities, so I have lightened my load considerably.)

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby davel » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:48 pm

Todah,

Thanks, I like the way it turned out and it seems to work pretty well.

I bringing the turkey.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:01 am

edevans wrote:Well it seems that things are not going to work out for us to make it.We really wanted to be there, I know you will have a lot of fun. I am glad it looks like the weather will be good.Have a great time. We will be thinking about all of you. Ed & Ruby

Ed, I am dissappointed to hear that you and Ruby won't be able to make the trip, but I know family comes first and grandbabies are grand!

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christamas...and a safe one too!

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:17 am

hmmmmmm Dave & Cindy's making their smoked turkey? And beans from Todah? I am deciding today whether to leave to come down there early, early Saturday so I will plan on a side dish .... something with potatoes !!!! I'm 99.5% sure I'll be there! Just gotta set some things up.

SEE YA !!!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:05 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:hmmmmmm Dave & Cindy's making their smoked turkey? And beans from Todah? I am deciding today whether to leave to come down there early, early Saturday so I will plan on a side dish .... something with potatoes !!!! I'm 99.5% sure I'll be there! Just gotta set some things up.

SEE YA !!!!!

OKJewel, I hope that you can make it!

Say, did you ever find a big jewel piece to decorate your tear?

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:09 pm

not really, I'm still not "done" enough.... But I'll try to remember my bling bling this time !!!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby steve wolverton » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:19 pm

I pulled up a map of the Isle Du Bois section and they have some bike trails. WooHoo! They're easy trails, but I'm pumped that we'll have some place to ride & the weather is looking like it's going to be really nice. :thumbsup:

I'll be heading up after work on Friday to pick Lisa up. I don't think we'll be there Friday night (there is a gate) so we'll come up early Sat. morning. Sunday we're then heading west for Gila National Monuments if the weather holds.

This should be one crazy maiden voyage for the little camper. :R
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ron » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:15 pm

steve wolverton,

I see you have decided to see the Gila, great! Did you decide where else you were going to visit out that way? I posted some pictures for you a while back about the Gila, Guadalupe mountains, etc. I was just wondering what you decided.
I will also be at the Ray Roberts gathering this weekend and will have my laptop with me if you want to see some more pictures of things out that way.

Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Merry Christmas

Postby Buck » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:34 pm

I Just want to wish all of you a very merry Christmas and Lise and I are very sorry we can"t make it. Let's do it in Jan. or Feb OK ? Buck And Lise ;)
Buck
Teardrop Master

Postby steve wolverton » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:02 pm

Ron wrote:I see you have decided to see the Gila, great! Did you decide where else you were going to visit out that way?

Well we're keeping an eye on the weather, but it's actually calling for snow out there. If it snows, I doubt we'll go. We're looking to do a lot of mountain biking this trip & we're both cold weather wimps.

If it does snow, we're looking at San Angelo State Park (50+ miles of trails), Seminole Canyon (really cool native american cave paintings), and/or Garner State Park. We only have 7 days so it's going to be crazy!

After I drop Lisa off, I'm going to be heading back to Big Bend National Park. :thumbsup:

So, we'll make Gila if the weather changes and it doesn't snow.
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:28 pm

Well, I am offically checked into site 59 in Deer Ridge. It is gorteous out there!

WARNING - Be sure not to wear anything sweet smelling. The bumble bees are enjoying the great wheather as well!

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:33 pm

Todah Tear wrote:Well, I am offically checked into site 59 in Deer Ridge. It is gorteous out there!

WARNING - Be sure not to wear anything sweet smelling. The bumble bees are enjoying the great wheather as well!

Todah

I learned at LCG to wipe down everything with Pine Sol (full strength) to chase away the bees !!!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:52 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:
Todah Tear wrote:Well, I am offically checked into site 59 in Deer Ridge. It is gorteous out there!

Todah

I learned at LCG to wipe down everything with Pine Sol (full strength) to chase away the bees !!!!

You had a Bee problem at LCG? I didn't see any at my campsite.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Duck Daddy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:09 pm

See you guys on Sat morn. I cant wait to see your rigs in person for he first time.
:thumbsup:
We are, each of us drawn to harmony.
In music, in relationships, and in our Kayaks
Duck Daddy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Changer » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:44 pm

I'm not going to make it after all- sprained my ankle this afternoon and have been officially forbidden from driving. (RIGHT ankle, unfortunately. :P I drive dangerously enough with a non-gimpy foot, according to my dad. Like he can talk, at least I use turn signals! :P)

Have fun, ya'll!
Changer
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to South Central