Cedar Hill - March 17th thru 19th

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby davel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:04 pm

LoneStar,

That would have been us. We left right after school. Left Monahans at 7:00 PM on Sunday when the dust kicked up.
davel
Donating Member

Visitors?

Postby holy_rollers » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:47 pm

Would anyone be open for a visitor? We've been looking at teardrops and sites, ebay, plans, and discussions for quite a while. We were intrigued by the teardrop TV show on the travel channel a couple of years ago.

Anyway, we'd love to be able to see one up close and ewww and ahhh over it.

Regards,
A & B.
holy_rollers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:56 pm

Welcome to the holy rollers! Be sure to check out the Ten Commandments (all in fun)

I won't be making it to this Cedar gathering , but where are you located, A&B? We have a big gathering at Beavers Bend , in far SE Oklahoma at the end of the month.
Come on down !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby davel » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:50 am

A&B,

We always welcome visitors. This weekend may be a little tricky. Depends when and how wide spread the rain ends up being. Cindy and I are getting ready to head that way in about another hour or so.
davel
Donating Member

Postby vairman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:04 pm

Well it's Official... I wont have my tear done in time for this weekend.. I guess i was hopeing to have it all done and ready.. I have been on vacation this week and I have been working on it every day, but Durn all the small stuff, looks like it'll be monday before its finnished.. :cry: But We'll try to make it out tomorrow for a visit..

Greg..
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:34 am

Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

I took this week off too, just to work on that small stuff. I'm still not finished but it should be usable. I just hope we don't get as much rain as they perdict.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:10 am

I wish we could make it this week end, but we have got to be in Vegas Monday morning for my sisters wedding. I hope ya'll stay dry. Wouldn’t you know, one of the driest years in Texas and there is a teardrop gathering and it is suppose to rain. :cry: First Hurricanes now this. :thinking:
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:33 pm

Gotta make a run to Wal-Mart for some groceries and last minute items. As soon as the wife gets off work we will be on our way!

Rain or no rain, we will be there. One thing I have to get at Wally World is packing tape. Gotta put it on the seams so that water doesn't get in. The aluminum trim is supposed to have the door weather stripping, but since I don't have any aluminum on, that means I have no weather stripping.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

cedar hill and rain

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:30 am

Well, I hope the Cedar Hill gathering is going great and not getting too much of this stuff.....

RAIN!!!!! OKLAHOMA CITY!!!! HURRAY!!!!!! Oh, and that's my 01 Honda Accord, the black one, my tow vehicle. No the teardrop / bredbox will be crimson and cream. At least that's the plan -- we all know how those plans change! haha

I know me and Chris and Karol were watching some fires in our central area this past week. It rained some last night, and smelled so good outside . I almost forgot what rain was like.

80% chance till Monday!! Beavers Bend is slated to be getting this too ... HURRAY!!!

:bounce:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby SmokeyBob » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:59 pm

Went out to Cedar Hill on Friday just to visit. Met Dave and Cindy and looked at their TD. They treated us to lunch and we had a great time. Then it started to rain so wife and I left for home. If they're still out there I hope they didn't get washed away. It's still raining here at the house, power has been off the last three hours, finally came back on. The weather man says there is more rain on the way.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby SteveH » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:26 pm

Hey Bob,

Tell them to send some down here...it's still dry here and we need it bad.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

I wonder who bailed out when the sky opened up

Postby holy_rollers » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:16 pm

Ok, well Albert and I decided not to drag the kids to cedar creek. About noon today it poured downed and got quiet cool. Perhaps we will get to meet all next one in May on Memorial Weekend at Inks Lake. Bernette
holy_rollers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby davel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:07 pm

Well....it did rain at Cedar Hill and rained and rained and then rained some more. Ended up with Kai and Lois, Lenny and JoAnn, Gary and Trudy,and Rocky and Mel. Thanks to Kai and his EZ up and the new walls he made for it we stayed resonable dry and had a great time visiting. We did have several lurkers that came by. The tear bug is alive and well in Texas even when the weather isn't the greatest to be had, but we sure did need the rain. Breakfast at IHOP in the morning will round out our damp weekend. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:10 pm

It stopped raining for a little bit, I don't expect that to last though. We are hiding at the Barnes & Noble across the way. Checked the inside of the tear and the bed is much wetter than I thought, we may be sleeping in the car. No big deal though.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:23 pm

I hate that you all had bad weather. Would you believe we have not had any rain? Boy do we need it too.....I guess we can hope that Beaver's Bend turns out to be nice.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central