LCG - "Who's Bringing What List"

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

LCG - "Who's Bringing What List"

Postby Loader » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:28 am

Is there a list showing what is still needed, or who is bringing what? I have been reading through the threads, and like many, want to contribute, but what to make sure I bring something that is needed.

Perhaps a quick list could be complied in this thread? MJ, if you know something we still need, please let me know.

Sure am looking forward to this gathering!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

LCG

Postby CPASPARKS » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:35 am

Loader...
I am with you...don't want to be a mooch and not bring something to contribute.

But, don't want to bring something that is not needed.

MJ...help us out with a list.

Can't wait to see everybody there.
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby CHUCKLEHEAD69 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:47 am

same here?
JUDE ------- "Laissez les bons temps rouler. let the good times roll"
CHUCKLEHEAD69
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:57 am

OK...just been waiting till this week to see whats up...things needed to bring...we need bowls...the large disposable soup bowls, plastic soup spoons, paper towels(napkins)since we are having an 'etoufee for Saturday night, such things as salads, garlic bread, deserts will go well with it.

So far this is how things are shaping up...
THURSDAY...I'll be arriving in the early afternoon...anyone coming in Thursday or early Friday can help set up our common area...anyone who can, please bring firewood..

FRIDAY...meet and greet...Charles Ipes is cooking red beans and rice(with sausage) for everyone, so when you get to the campground, your supper will be ready. Charles is also doing the T shirts which will be available for 10 bucks. I am supplying flags(22" solid color, silk screened bandana) to each site, extras will be available for 5 bucks. Tonyj, in addition to his magic marguerita machine is supplying name tags for all so we can firure out who is who(there will be 80+ in attendance)...oh, and y'all can sing me Happy birthday.....

Saturday...Gary(rayvillian) and others are planning to do up a mountain man breakfast...anyone wishing to contribute ingredients(eggs, bacon,potatos,etc.)/dutch ovens/help with this should give Gary a holler...these same DO cooks are planning to cook up some chilli for lunch...cornbread, chips, cheese, could be donated for this as well...talk to Gary or Buck.
WE will do our usual look around and visit and you can get your T's and flags if you haven't already done so...Doug Hodder has also donated some beautiful Dash Plaques for all. Jolly Rodger will be shooting video of the goings on...we want everyone to decorate their site for Halloween...an award plaque will be given...an award plaque will also be given for Peoples Choice for favorite TD and one for most miles travelled(Warpony is in the lead for this)
I will be cooking up a Shrimp 'Etoufee for supper, during which the awards and prizes will be given. Like I said above, garlic bread, salads, deserts along with ANYTHING anyone wants to cookup will be welcomed.
I have also acquired several nice prizes for a raffle...a hitch cover from CherokeeGeorge and a build CD from Steve Fredericks amongst them..anyone wanting to donate a prize is welcomed to do so...cheap is good!!!
Afterwards, Tony's marguerita machine, a campfire and further BS'ing will ensue.
Bring your cameras and good time clothes because as we say over here..."Laissez les Bon Temps Rouller"

SUNDAY...tearful farewells well will be said to those of you leaving...those of you staying...more fun to be had......
madjack 8)

p.s. I am sure I forgot something but we will make do/get by ;)
...truly looking forward to meeting up with old and new friends and to anyone who DOSEN'T make it there, you have my condolences....

p.p.s. remember when coming from I-20 that you want to go to the SECOND park entrance...the first is to Area2 which is closed for the season...they lock the CG gate around 10PM, so anyone coming in later than 10PM Friday needs to PM me so I can send ya my cell phone # to come and open the gate for ya...in fact my cell# is 318-613-9587, if anyone needs to call for any reason...Barry(bfree01) has offered his shop/tools/help for anyone having mechanical problems...he lives about 15miles(?) from the park....
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:22 pm

I am planning on making my DO breakfast ... can make it Saturday or Sunday (or both) We have chickens so have plenty of eggs. I am also going to make Chili and Cornbread for lunch. Going to make a Pumpkin/Pecan DO cake one evening. I dont really need anything for what I am going to cook ... just will smooch from any others that have something to share !!! Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Nobody » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:38 pm

MJ - I'll bring as much oak firewood as I can put in my little P/U (along with my other assorted junk, errr. . . supplies :roll: ). We'll also bring a stack or two of bowls & a couple'a skillets of cornbread. Wife may (or may not ;) ) fix some kinda dessert.

Still haven't gotten a lot of the interior/galley done on my TD but it is usable. Spent the last 10 days hunting pronghorn in Montana so haven't been able to accomplish a lot. May get a little more done before LCG :worship: .

See ya next week :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nubwon » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:14 am

I'm planning on loading as much firewood as i can in the bed of my truck also. Connie said she is making a carrot cake, and I'll check with her and post again of anything else we can bring...........If anyone wants or needs some chicken (leg quarters) let me know, I can bring plenty.....
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff...
nubwon
Teardrop Master

Postby vairman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:55 am

We are planning on bringing picante sauce and chips for everyone to enjoy, also bowls, spoons & cheese. We will also be making a pot of taco soup to go with the chili.

Greg :) :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by vairman on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby Loader » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:33 am

We'll bring some french bread for the Cajun feast MJ, Charles, and others are preparing, and, some disposable bowls/plastic spoons. I'll see what else we can come up with.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:15 am

I think that I better clarify what Trudy said. We do a 12 in mountain man breakfast, like we always do, but it won't feed 80+ people, can handle about 10, so if anyone else wants to do one it would probably be appreiated by all.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:53 am

Breakfast with Trudy & Gary (she loves to cook) --- I'm bringing some fruit to go along with her mountain man breakfast, and supplying the plates and utensils for that.

I would suggest that breakfast be up to groups or on your own... people wake up at different times, and such. We're doing the group meals for chili lunch and the dinners, so breakfast doesn't have to be a big deal for me.

CHILI --- mmmm but I'm just bringing the toppings like cheese, onions, and crackers.

The FRI and SAT night dinners -- I'll try to do some kind of veggie's on the grill, :Flippin Burger: or a cole slaw...

and of course some tequila and limes or some beer or wine.... :tipsy:

If other people are bringing tons of wood, then we should be able to have a big campfire or two at night ! YEA!!! :campfire:
but I'll still bring some for just us...

This is going to be so fun !!! I can't wait to see old camping friends and meet all the new folks from the board, even though it seems like I already know you! But I have to warn you... my Jewel Box still needs lots of polishing and prettying up so please be kind ! this is the first thing I've ever built like this so some of my work is not as good as you guys ! teehee

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:33 am

Trudy and Gary, I'm not certain what goes on a Mountain Man breakfast, but if pacante sauce and/or lemon work (I usually put them on eggs.), I'll bring each of those.

My pear tree went crazy-wild this year, so I have a great deal of pears. I'll bring some. If I get my dehydrator in time, I'll bring some pear chips.

I plan on bringing Fritoes.

Oh, and I plan on bringing a large-sized air ball (The ball makes it easier to play with.) Anyone have a volley ball set? It would be nice to get a guys vs gals game going! ;)

I'll also bring cards for a game of spades.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:53 am

I can bring some dominoes, does anyone play 42?
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Y'all have a great time

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:17 am

8) Sounds like the gathering is gonna be a good one!
You've got some fantastic meals planned and a variety of activities and people to get aquainted with. Best wishes, and weather. Show us dem pictures for we love 'em...

Joanie
TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:19 am

The volleyball and cards, bones... all sounds good.. Will we have anytime or energy after all this food???!!! hahaa And does drinking margaritas count as a sport?

I bought the stuff to make a game of washers... was going to paint the washers in sets of different colors tonite. Might bring that.

I think I have a volleyball net. Or does the park have that , MJ?

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to South Central