Nasty weather in the south central

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Nasty weather in the south central

Postby McTeardrops » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:54 pm

Hope everyone is OK. I've been thinking about Oklahoma Jewel and others in areas where the rain, ice and snow are kicking up. Let us hear from you!
Joanne
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Ennis is still clear, only rain and 34 degrees.
davel
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Dave aint you the lucky one. We had sleet yesterday and was sapose to have snow today but the temp went up so now we have freezeing rain on top of the sleet. Still not as bad as OK got hit though.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby neal b » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:50 pm

hi guy here in rosebud we got alot of ice i was out of power for 6 hours today iam one of the lucky ones some been out since saturday yards around here looks like a bomb whent off tree branches down allover i just heard one hit the roof now got to go and check it out we are getting freezing rain

nealb :)
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby jplock » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:29 pm

BRRRRRR!
Here in Broken Arrow we have hibernated in our house all weekend the temperature has been in the twenties. There has been 1/2" to 1" coating of Ice on everything. We have been fortunate and not lost our power. We are thankful for our warm place.
Folks in Muskogee,Grove,Checotah,Chouteau,Vinita, And Locust Grove has had major power outages. They are having it pretty rough right now. We should keep them in our prayers, and especially the electric utility crews that have been brought in from Arkansas and Texas.
:worship: :worship: :worship:
jplock
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 am

Lots of rain and temp just above freezing here. :o

They say that will change to more rain and lower temps. :cry:

Looks like I might be tree trimming on the ground like I did in 2000. :cry:

Maybe just cold without the rain. :worship:

I hope Julie and the rest in OKC area are doing alright. :thinking:

I have in the media some power is out in Central and North Eastern Oklahoma area. :thinking:

I hope everyone makes it through alright. :thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:50 am

...haven't heard anything outta Julie for the last couple of days...hope everything is OK for her in OKCOK....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:03 am

I'm fine, in at work today ... remember no computer at home still.

I'm just a few miles east of downtown OKC and we had sleet all Friday afternoon, then Saturday was just a sheet of frozen stuff all over everything and roads getting sanded etc.... Then Sunday morning was so wierd !!! Freezing rain just POURING down, lightning , loud thunder and now I have about a 12" drift of icy slush along the front of my house along the porch, then from there to the street is like a skating rink.... cool ! haha
No power outages, no car problems, even drove across town on Saturday afternoon - heck, my 17 yr old even drove to his friends' and walmart and did okay. ODOT and whoever has done a pretty good job on the major roads. I got to work 21 miles here, just fine today .

Karol (kajamelu4?) is in Konawa and I saw that they have some ice on power lines but don't know about power outages. She's not really too close to the Muskogee/Checotah/Grand Lake area....

We'll all be just fine, but the temps will stay under 33 most of the week and there might be more this coming weekend.

Thanks to everybody who posted , and those who PM'd some of us to check.... y'all are certainly like family to us !!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:09 am

My Tear is in my garage, so I had to thaw out the blue tape that covered my SUV this morning. That is going change on the next non-ice day.

The big tarp will be used on the Tear and the SUV is going in the garage.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:24 am

well it's 28 here at 4:21 am. I can hear trucks on the highway that I live on so hopefully roads are ok. We had to go to town and get our 18 year old last night at 9:45 cause she spun around on an overpass (of course city closed right after that and had gravel trucks out) she wasn't hurt but scared the you know what out of her as she had a wreck Christmas morning.
I sure don't mind cold but can do without the ice......

linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Well I know we have not had it as bad as you folks "up north", but we are iced in this morning. Sheet ice all over the roads, the schools are closed, and we are stuck here. Sure hope the power does not go off....we are all electric out here. :o
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Seriously .... all of Oklahoma got something ... I'm right smack in the central OK area and have seriously about 4-5 inches of snow/sleet/frozen rain/ice from my porch to the street .... kinda cool, like a skating rink. Luckily none hanging on power lines. Schools were out Monday and now again today all over central OK.

Karol in Konawa is east and kinda south of me and she said they didn't get it too bad (another thread) probably about like me.

JPlock, Reo Ron , Rickxr2, T-Town, and Pat Hopkins and Miriam and those new folks in Southwest Missouri probably got it much worse. More ice accumulations. Hopefully they are not any of the 98000 without power.
http://www.newsok.com/more/photos?gallery_id=2196

I know we aren't getting above 30* for another couple of days, the sun is out though. Then we have a 30% chance of snow or something for this weekend.

But the good thing... just think of all this melting and helping to keep a burn ban out of sight, especially for Beavers Bend in March !!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby T-TownTear » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:24 pm

Nothing but a solid ice rink here. :shock: West side of Tulsa that is.
I was stuck in the house Monday, managed to get to work today though, albeit...2 hours late.
Never lost power or satellite tv reception. :thumbsup:

Jody
T-TownTear
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:00 am

Streets had some ice patches in town farther north had ice storm and power outages. The streets are dry no problems in town. Just cold and windy. :(
But Bever Bend 8) :thumbsup: :applause: :)

Looking forward to the gathering in March/April. :thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:16 am

I was on the computer and I heard something outside. I peeked out the window and saw that my next door neighbor's Jeep had slid off his driveway. The driveway is solid ice, don't know how he got it out in the first place. I called my neighbor across the street so that we can make fun of him together.

It's been 2 days and I'm going a bit stir crazy. I haven't done anything except for watch TV, get on the computer, cook, eat, clean, repeat.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to South Central