Any car nuts want to go to Monterey in August?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby caseydog » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:13 pm

I work for car magazines, and go to "car Mecca" every year in Monterey, CA. I always camp out at Laguna Seca, but usually use a friend's motorhome.

Monterey week includes the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance, the Monterey Historic Races (at Laguna Seca), Concorso Italiano, and several other events and auctions.

You see cars there that you will never see anywhere else.

Now, it is not cheap. The event entry fees are steep. But, if you are a car nut, you have to do this trip at least once in your lifetime.

The campgrounds are pretty good at Laguna Seca. Good shower facilities and such. However, if you want to go, you need to get a space right now. They sell out fast.

Post up if you have an interest in doing a TD carivan to Monterey this August.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:44 pm

I was in San Jose on buisness and my wife flew out for the weekend. We went down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, had lunch and drove 17mile drive. I guess the Pebble Beach was wrapping up because the tents were still there. We stopped by and peeked in the Daimler tent. Saw one of the prototype PT Cruisers and some other million dollar cars I think this was in 1999 or 1998.

Even though we didn't go to the actual show. It was a treat seeing all those exotics running around. How namy times do you loose count of the number of Ferraris you see on the road?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Leon » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:34 pm

Only problem with that week is it's the same time as Speed Week at Bonneville :(
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:01 pm

Leon wrote:Only problem with that week is it's the same time as Speed Week at Bonneville :(

That would be fun, too, but I have to go to Monterey -- it's a big part of my job. Not that I will complain about getting paid to go to all those events. :D

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Return to South Central