Second Texas Teardrop Gathering, Proposed?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Second Texas Teardrop Gathering, Proposed?

Postby SteveH » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:05 am

Ok, the scouts have come back with information. As we speak, er...as I type, there are 65 sites available at Inks Lake State Park close to Burnet, Texas. I'm proposing a gathering of teardrops and tiny travel trailers on May 20, 21, and 22.

If you are up for this, please call and make your reservation NOW, as Inks Lake is a popular park, (and we don't have a Steve Wolverton that works there to do all our leg work for us :( ) The number to call is in Austin...512-389-8900.

I thought that weekend would be good because it is the one before Memorial day, which is a 3 day weekend and because of this we stood a better chance to get reservations. Also figured everyone would already have plans for Memorial day, and would give the builders another 6 weeks to get ready.

If this is too much of a problem or not a park that y'all want to go to, not a good time, just say so and I will figure something else out or drop the idea completely.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:41 pm

Steve,

That's a beautiful place. Nice lake. We're up to it.

Cindy already has us scheduled for Galveston State Park the 29th of this month.

Dulcimer Festival in Glen Rose is May 6-8th. Looks like the Bluebonnet Tear is going to get a workout the next month or so.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:01 pm

Steve, Inks Lake sounds good to us. Charles is starting a new teardrop this coming weekend. He is picking up materials tomorrow. This will give us a good reason to work hard. Are we going to try to get sites close together? Or do we just make reservation and hope we all aren't too far apart?
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Re: Second Texas Teardrop Gathering, Proposed?

Postby steve wolverton » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:07 pm

SteveH wrote:(and we don't have a Steve Wolverton that works there to do all our leg work for us :( )

I just interviewed for another state park today. With a little luck *crosses fingers* I'll be a state park police officer. I guess I'll have to cut my hair and shave then. :thinking:

The good thing about making your reservation is it guarantees you a site, and it's refundable up to 48 hours of the arrival date. The bad thing is it is billed to your card when you make it. They only charge your first night though.

Inks is a great park - I've worked a burn with the manager there. Lisa and I may be getting the new SUV tomorrow. *crosses fingers again* If we get it, we'll be at this trip too. I'll bring the strippers! Doh, I mean doughnuts. Drats.

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby steve wolverton » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:12 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:Charles is starting a new teardrop this coming weekend. He is picking up materials tomorrow. This will give us a good reason to work hard. Are we going to try to get sites close together? Or do we just make reservation and hope we all aren't too far apart?
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop

Hey Guys! Are you serious about building another tear? I thought you were kidding. That Coca-Cola Tear is a TOB. (Thing-O-Beauty!)

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:27 pm

Yes Steve, I am serious. After Charles saw the others and how they were built he decided to build another one. Coca Cola Teardrop is so heavy it makes our 6 cyl truck suck gas. So we are going for a light weight version. He is picking up black metal for sides and white fiberglass roll for top tomorrow. I will be sure and take more pics of this one in progress from the start. Guess after this one is built we will try to sell the Coca Cola Teardrop.
Hope to see you guys at Inks Lake.
BTW does anyone know which space numbers we should aim for?
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby davel » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:10 pm

Can we request specific sites?
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:01 pm

About the sites, they asked me what type of camper I had and I believe they assign you a site based on the size of camper. So, we should all be in the same area if that is right.

I think Inks Lake is too popular a park to get specific sites, unless maybe Officer Wolverton could make a few telephone calls for us. :thinking: :D
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:47 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote: Coca Cola Teardrop is so heavy it makes our 6 cyl truck suck gas. So we are going for a light weight version. Coca Cola Teardrop

Would that be the "Diet Coke Teardrop"? Overseas it's called Coke Light. Maybe with a silver, red, and black color scheme?
http://www.coke-light.de/home.html
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby steve wolverton » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:22 am

asianflava wrote:Would that be the "Diet Coke Teardrop"? Overseas it's called Coke Light. Maybe with a silver, red, and black color scheme?
http://www.coke-light.de/home.html

Uber Coke Light. :)

SteveH - I wouldn't mind doing that. Generally park managers allow someone from the group to show up and claim all the sites in a general area - Manager's discretion. I selected our sites early Friday for the event - there were a few people that stayed from Thursday on, that's why we had a few 'regular' campers in with us.

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby SteveH » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:15 pm

Well, I goofed big time. After checking ALL the calanders here, we are tied up that weekend and won't be able to attend. :x Can't believe I'm so scatter brained. Shure wish we could make it, but the previous plans are important.

Hope everyone has a good time at Inks Lake. Take lots of pictures.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:13 pm

Steve H wrote:
Well, I goofed big time. After checking ALL the calanders here, we are tied up that weekend and won't be able to attend.

So we just have it one of the other weekends. Surely it's not too late to rethink the time.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:43 pm

Too bad you have other plans Steve. I have not made reservations yet. Tried calling today but wait time too long. What other weekend would everyone be looking at? June would probably be out totally for us since we will be heading to Minden Nebraska for the International Gathering. I will wait a day or so on making reservation at Inks Lake. Will see if time and place stay same or change.
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:35 pm

So we just have it one of the other weekends. Surely it's not too late to rethink the time.

Dave,

My original thinking was to have another gathering before school let out and it got too hot. The only other weekend we could make it is the 13th, 14th, and 15th. That probably will conflict with someone else's schedule.

I really feel embarassed about proposing a date to get together and then not being able to make it. I really apologize for the goof up.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:09 pm

That's the only other weekend we have too.

We're already scheduled for camping the two previous weekends.
davel
Donating Member

Next

Return to South Central