Population

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby madjack » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:04 pm

...D'oh Chris, ya know the map you placed a pin in that is linked to in the beginning of this thread, D'oh
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Re: Population

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:59 pm

Chris C wrote:Does anyone have any idea just how many people we have registared from the South Central region? And, are they teardrop owners, builders, or wannabe's (like myself)? :)

Hey chris... i was looking over this long thread... you posted the above back in early June , then MadJack gave you the link or whatever, the map where you click on a place, then pick a little face to go with it. You were the only one listed in Oklahoma... I just put mine there so you wouldn't feel lonely ! haha
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chris C » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:49 pm

Madjack, I'd have sworn you were nuts, but I reread the thread and you were correct. Guess I'm just gitttin' old!!! However, when I went to the site to remind me.........I can't get anything other than a gray frame where the map should be. And then when I try to X out, there is no response to the program and it takes me clear out of T&TTT? Tried it 5 times with the same results.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby madjack » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:21 pm

...Chris, Chris, Chris, after all I have done for you...you cut me to the quick :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, and by the way I am nuts, why do you think they call me mad...it ain't because I'm pissed off...so be carefull ;)
madjack 8)

p.s. got no idea what your problem is....or why the map won't show up :? :lol: ;) ;)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby DestinDave » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:27 pm

I clicked on the map at the corner of the Missouri river and the MO border which is where I am and when I loaded an icon it put me down at the bottom of the state close to AR. I wouldn't mind being moved but I wish it was a lot closer to an ocean!
And Jack, I never thought you were angry, just mad :lol:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Chris C » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Madjack,

Sorry I cut you to the quick. :cry: Just chalk it up to me being slow! I finally got the map to come up...............took 45 seconds after the site came up.........and my memory was refreshed. :thumbsup: I had, indeed, seen it before. Too many things on my mind, I guess. Just wish I could get enough money to start my tear.............maybe that would eleviate some of my stress. Stress.........what's that? Who"s stressed? :crazy:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:34 pm

Oh yea, to eleviate some of my stress I think I'll go outside and unload that 100 bales of hay out of my enclosed trailer and stack it in the barn! It's only 100 degrees here...............that ought to make me forget my stress! :lol:

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:05 pm

Okay, Madjack.......................I'm officially un-stressed! Two thirds of the hay is in the barn. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to finish. I'm pooped! :O

Chris C

Postby madjack » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:17 pm

...I spent summers when I was 12/13/14 loading hay in the field and unloading at the barn, splitting a nickel a bail with another boy my age...since then, whenever somebody says hay, I go get my gun...you have my sympathies
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:03 pm

That's a shame...................I was just going to ask if you'd help me next time. :rofl: :lol: :rofl2:

Chris C

Postby xe1ufo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:07 am

Hey: I just discovered this map! By accident! Why don't you place a notice about it in the main Forums section, so more of us will know it exists?

I was also surprised how many are MISPLACED (sorry for shouting!) Look at all the guys that are supposedly in Mexico. Raul and I are the only ones really down here (Kai hasn't placed his pin yet.) The rest are ilegl aliens! Some guys have their Teardrops floating in the Pacific! Are they THAT waterproof? :R

Do you have a way to move them to their proper locations?

Also, it occurs to me that the map is a neat way to locate Teardroppers on a trip that you already have planned from point A to point B.

:thumbsup:
Dr. Steve
Central old Mexico
xe1ufo
Teardrop Master

Postby mexican tear » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:24 am

My pin was there once, but somehow it is missing. I figgured that with so many people misplaced there was something wrong with the map.

He Dr. Steve how about coming to the September gathering?

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby George T. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:23 pm

Geez guys!

I went to a gathering last year attended by two teardrops, a van and a couple of visitors. Talk about low key.

The CLOSEST gathering that I had attended before Minden was 350 miles. It all depends on what YOU want to do. If you WANT to go to a gathering, decide how much time you can devote and how miles you are willing to drive. My limits are 500 miles one way/4 days. Anything farther gets a week if I go. The Dam gathering in Shasta, CA is a 1300 mile drive one way for me. It's WELL worth it!

If a group of folks get together to look at one persons teardrop, and there are all interested in teardrops, isn't that a teardrop gathering in SPIRIT?

So..... If you have a gathering and five teardrops attend, WAHOOOOOO! It's a big deal.

As Nike says "Just do it!"

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby Larwyn » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:59 am

madjack wrote:...I spent summers when I was 12/13/14 loading hay in the field and unloading at the barn, splitting a nickel a bail with another boy my age...since then, whenever somebody says hay, I go get my gun...you have my sympathies
madjack 8)

Got my own hay truck, a '56 Ford 1 ton and 30ft gooseneck trailer, when I was 14. Hauled hay from the field to the barn every summer till I graduated high school. Only got a dime a bale total, had to buy gas and pay the help out of that, the truck took most of what was left... :x

I understand the connection you make between hay and firearms... :lol:
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby Chris C » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:01 pm

Fun wasn't it? But heck, now you can lift an anvil! :rofl:

Chris C

PreviousNext

Return to South Central