Inks Lake gathering, are Lurkers welcome?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Inks Lake gathering, are Lurkers welcome?

Postby Ron » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:21 am

Hi Ya'll,

I missed everyone at the Purtis Creek gathering, I showed up on sunday right after everyone had left. But I'm hoping I can get to Inks Lake on Saturday this time. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the teardrops and meeting everyone from this board.
I've been lurking here for a long time now, reading and reading and reading, learning and hoping to start my tear in the near future. I've decided to build a 5x10 teardrop and will start looking around to find a shop that will build me a trailer for my teardrop for a reasonable price. Does anyone know of a place in the DFW area that builds trailers for a reasonable price?
I hope to see you all there.

Best Regards,
Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:13 am

Sure everybody is welcome! Drop by, stay, camp whatever you want to do. We are a friendly bunch. Sorry about Purtis Creek, everybody bugged out early Sunday morning. I think we were one of the last ones to go.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:39 am

Hi Ron,
I don't think you will be the only lurker. Come on and join the fun. Many more tears to see this time. I'd sure try to come on Saturday though.
Don't know anyone up around Dallas to help you with a trailer. If you lived closer to use we could probably find help. See you at Inks Lake.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Ron » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:53 am

It sounds like this gathering will have more teardrops than the last gathering did, the gatherings get bigger every time, thats great. I'm looking forward to seeing all the nice tears and getting some ideas for mine, see you all there, thanks.

Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby bg » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:59 am

Ron,

You buy the materials, I'll weld it up. I'm probably not too far from you.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby Ron » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:34 pm

BG,

Thanks for the offer for the welding, I'm actually in North Richland Hills which is northest Fort Worth. I need to figure out my final frame size before I get to the welding stage. Are you going to the Inks Lake gathering? I hope to see you there.

Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby bg » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:38 pm

I've got a Barn Raising to attend and photograph that weekend, So I won't be there.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby Roberto » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:13 am

Ron,

There's probably more "lurkers" out there than you realize. "I are one !"

I have read, read, & read more posts and studied build logs. I have gathered up frame iron, wheels, axles, fenders, etc. but don't want to start assembly until I see a few TD in person. As of yet, it has only been pictures.

I plan on coming out to Inks Lake to take a look-see before I start building.

- - - Bob
Roberto
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:36 pm

Bob, will be looking forward to meeting you and showing off our tears. Hopefully we will set a date very soon. We built our first by pictures and after we saw a few in person we started another tear the next week.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Ron » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:45 pm

Roberto,

I know there are LOTS of lurkers out there, I was one for a VERY long time.
I also spent lots of time reading and learning, I think thats what most lurkers do before they start posting but thats ok because the more they learn the more they want to join in.
When you get your first chance to go to a gathering you will be amazed, I know I was. Everyone is so friendly and willing to answer any and all questions for you to help you out as much as they can, they are all a great group of people.
After going to my first gathering I was hooked for sure, it makes a BIG differencs seing them first hand. I cant wait to build mine.

Best Regards,
Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Return to South Central