New to teardrops

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

New to teardrops

Postby monkeyislandrn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:42 am

We have been bit by the teardrop bug. We are VERY new to this and in the looking stage for a teardrop. I would like for my husband to build us one but he prefers to buy an older model and modify. Would it be okay if we came down to the gathering April 1st? I would just like to see more teardrops all in one place. We would just be there for a couple of hours, not overnight. (if I am not working that weekend)
Thanks!
monkeyislandrn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:09 am

Monkey girl(Icouldn't resist saying that) welcome to the board...you (and hubby) would be very welcome to come over to Beaver's Bend and spend as much time as you would like...bring camera amd note book, it looks like there will be 8-10 tears and around 20 people...you will get a chance to see some tears first hand and get a little idea of the social aspects of these wonderful little trailers
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Thanks for the welcome

Postby monkeyislandrn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks so much for making us feel welcome. Yes, you CAN call me Monkey girl, living on Monkey Island we seem to be destined for a monkey theme. Can't wait to check my work schedule tonight, hope we can make it!! :worship:
monkeyislandrn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kajamelu4 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 am

Welcome to the world of teardrops. No matter if you buy, build, or redo, teardrops become an obsession. :lol:

I haven't attended any gatherings, but am looking forward to Beavers Bend. Come on down, the more the merrier!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:45 pm

Monkey girl...You will find that a couple of hours at a teardrop gathering will turn into all day. You are more than welcome to come join us.. You will really have teardrop fever when you leave.
We are all looking forward to showing off our teardrops.
See you guys at Beaver's Bend
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Re: New to teardrops

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:46 pm

monkeyislandrn wrote:We have been bit by the teardrop bug. We are VERY new to this and in the looking stage for a teardrop. I would like for my husband to build us one but he prefers to buy an older model and modify. Would it be okay if we came down to the gathering April 1st? I would just like to see more teardrops all in one place. We would just be there for a couple of hours, not overnight. (if I am not working that weekend)
Thanks!

Hey Monkey Girl,

Welcome to the forum... Whether you build, buy, or restore, there's something here for everyone... Hope to see more of you...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

welcome

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:50 pm

Welcome from another Oklahoman. But where the heck is Monkey Island?

YES Make it to Beavers Bend and stay and sit a while... Actually standing at the galley, and laying down inside a cabin of a teardrop will have you hooked !!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Rickxr2 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:07 pm

Monkey Island is on Grand Lake, right?

xr2
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:50 pm

I echo all the greetings above. We love visitors at our little gatherings. Linda is right it'll turn into a full day for you. Look forward to seeing you. :applause:
davel
Donating Member

Monkey Island

Postby monkeyislandrn » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:58 am

Yes, Monkey Island is on Grand Lake up in the far northeast corner of OK. It is really a peninsula not a true island anymore. It is really beautiful up here. We are okies that have come home after living 3 yrs in Florida. Just moved back last Sept. I looked up where Beavers Bend is exactly and it is quite a ways, but if I am off work we will try to drive down. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
monkeyislandrn
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Monkey Island

Postby madjack » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:12 am

monkeyislandrn wrote:Yes, Monkey Island is on Grand Lake up in the far northeast corner of OK. It is really a peninsula not a true island anymore. It is really beautiful up here. We are okies that have come home after living 3 yrs in Florida. Just moved back last Sept. I looked up where Beavers Bend is exactly and it is quite a ways, but if I am off work we will try to drive down. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

...bring a tent, rent a room, stay for supper, have some real fun meeting some really great folks...hope ya can make it down
madjack 8)

p.s. as Gage will tell ya, all ya really need to bring(beside a camera) is your own fork and knife
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Beavers Bend

Postby monkeyislandrn » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:26 am

How about a guitar?? Anybody play? My husband plays blues, and old country, he is always looking for someone to play guitars with.
monkeyislandrn
Teardrop Inspector

monkey island

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:05 pm

Hey Monkey .... check your PM I've been hoping we could do a gathering up at Grand Lake this Sept.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to South Central