Any Arkansas Members/Teardrop Owners out there?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Any Arkansas Members/Teardrop Owners out there?

Postby TopSgtLawrence » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:20 pm

A member of the catfish club that I belong,introduced me to this site. I have been browsing all morning and have decided to buy/make me one of these little campers. If the are any members near Russellville , Arkansas I sure would like to see/ tour your camper if you have one. I really like those little dudes.
Verlon E. Lawrence
London,Arkansas
B.O.C. member sence 2002
TopSgtLawrence
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:56 pm

Top welcome to the board...we have a gathering planned for 3-31 to 4-2 at Beaver's Bend SP OK which is just above Broken Bow...come on down and have some fun...bring your camera
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:32 pm

Howdy Top, welcome! I too am a newbie here but these folks seem just great, really helpful too. I'm not too far from you, over in Saline County. Have a grandaughter in college at Ark Tech in Russelville so I get up that way occasionally. I've just started on a TD with the Harbor Frieght 1800 trailer. Finished putting it together this week but haven't done anything else yet. I'm pretty sure what I want to build but I'm gonna wait and take a look at some of the other folks' trailers at Beavers Bend in about three weeks. Wife & I are gonna drive over for the day on Saturday April 1st. Plan to take lots of pix & pick some brains on construction details, etc. Should be an easy drive for you & I bet you'd pick up some ideas there. I retired from the Air Force in 1977 after 20 so I know about the need to go as inexpensive as possible :thumbsup: . Hope to see you around. Cheers,

Harv
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:36 am

:)
Welcome Top glad to have another Tear Drop builder/dreamer in the Arkansas area.
I hoping to be at Beaver Bend also ( if work don't interupt that schedule ). I like Nobody still in the design stage after buying a 1800# Harbor Frieght kit trailer ( also using to get materials with at present ).
. :thumbsup:
I set out side last night; waiting for the oncomming weather to move in ( checking for loose objects in the yard ). While looking over the trailer and the material in it. I was formulating some ideas and direction of the trailer design.

:thinking:

:applause:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Arky Teardrop

Postby hap » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Hi Top, I have been gone for a while and just noticed your post. I live by Greers Ferry lake and I just finished my tear last year. Your more than welcome to take a look at it. Bring your boat and do some fishing while your here. :)
If you go the Beavers Bend gathering I will be there also. This will be my first gathering so I am really looking forward to it.

Cheers, Funny old Jim
hap
Teardrop Advisor

Postby McTeardrops » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:44 pm

We are almost from Arkansas (Texarkana, TX) and plan to be at Beavers Bend. See you there!
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby Creek » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:52 pm

I'm from Arkansas also. I'm just a little late reading this message.
Fort Smith area.
As you can see my sig below that I have had my teardrop since 2002 and have really enjoyed it.

http://arkansasteardrop.blogspot.com/
Camp-Inn 400 #19
http://stevecreek.com/
Creek
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:02 pm

Creek I'm also in the area ( Fort Smith ). Glad you joined in to the group. I'm in progress of making a ( will make more that one ) Tear ( Weekender/Winter Warior style ) trailer. I like Cove Lake also and the new lodge at Mt. Magazine ( camp grounds ) with the views from the top ( WOW ). I'm still gathering parts and tools for the project as of a few weeks ago. I will be using it for hunting and fishing and camping as well.

:)
:thumbsup:

Pat
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Creek » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:06 pm

Pat,
I have been on this board for a couple of years, I just don't post much. I do enjoy reading what everyone else is writing. It's good to hear from someone else around here that is getting into teardrops. I think I was the only one around for a long time. Good luck on your tear.

Steven
Camp-Inn 400 #19
Creek
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Creek » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:07 pm

Pat,
I have been on this board for a couple of years, I just don't post much. I do enjoy reading what everyone else is writing. It's good to hear from someone else around here that is getting into teardrops. I think I was the only one around for a long time. Good luck on your tear.

Steven
Camp-Inn 400 #19
Creek
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:13 am

I started around Oct of 2005 maybe two months earlier looking at the board. Then I joined after seeing all though good ideas and kindred spirit of the group.

:thumbsup: :applause: :)

I'm getting off to a slow start; but getting Ideas as I see things that can be added each day. Know I just started building just to get started and learn that way.

Pat
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to South Central