It is really a small world!!! How surprising!!!

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

It is really a small world!!! How surprising!!!

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:23 am

Well, there is a newbie on this board, okieteardrop, and I was so surprised to see that they (the couple) said they are in Midwest City, OK !!! That is where I live. What a small world!!!
So after a few pm's we find out that we both have sons going to the same high school and my son tell's me today, "Oh, that guy that you said has the teardrop? " Turns out, their son and my son have first hour together at high school !!!! How cool is that !!!!!

It's a small small world indeed!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :D
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby davel » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:33 am

Julie,

It is a small world.

When we were I was in the military our youngest daughter was born in Okinawa. Six years later Cindy had our youngest in Berlin. The head attending nurse was the same person and remembered Cindy in Okinawa.

It is a small world. :lol:
davel
Donating Member

Postby jplock » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:22 pm

IT IS A SMALL WORLD
I agree yesterday I got to visit with Rickxr2 at his shop . His rig was really nice, he gave me some good ideas, and was a big help. He only lives 2 miles from us. I sure enjoyed it seeing my first teardrop up close. It seems funny already to begin building one and being able to see one in the finished product. :applause: I guess the numbers of Teardrop Folks are growing for sure!

Thanks!
RICK

JPLOCK
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:34 pm

jplock wrote:IT IS A SMALL WORLD
I agree yesterday I got to visit with Rickxr2 at his shop . His rig was really nice, he gave me some good ideas, and was a big help. He only lives 2 miles from us.

That's kewl !! It was so nice to meet Rick and Linda at the Beavers Bend campout, there are so many things about his build that I decided to do on mine - and I love the RED ... hahaha.

That's neat that you are only a few miles apart too! You can convoy to the next gathering!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: It is really a small world!!! How surprising!!!

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:59 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:It's a small small world indeed!!!

Your right, Julie!
The small world phenomenon (also known as the small world effect) is the hypothesis that everyone in the world can be reached through a short chain of social acquaintances. The concept gave rise to the famous phrase six degrees of separation after a 1967 small world experiment by social psychologist Stanley Milgram which suggested that two random US citizens were connected by an average of a chain of six acquaintances.

However, after more than thirty years its status as a description of heterogeneous social networks (such as the aforementioned "everyone in the world") still remains an open question. Little research has been done in this area since the publication of the original paper.

Steve
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Nytewyng » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:25 pm

Steve........Uh ........is that like the that seven degrees of Kevin Bacon thing? :thinking:
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:24 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:

Your right, Julie!
The small world phenomenon (also known as the small world effect) is the hypothesis that everyone in the world can be reached through a short chain of social acquaintances.

Steve

Oh, and by the way... Steve used to live here in me and Okieteardrop's little suburb! How funny!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chris C » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:37 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

Your right, Julie!
The small world phenomenon (also known as the small world effect) is the hypothesis that everyone in the world can be reached through a short chain of social acquaintances.

Steve

Oh, and by the way... Steve used to live here in me and Okieteardrop's little suburb! How funny!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby okie_teardrop » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:59 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
okie_teardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kevin A » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby PaulC » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:25 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:

Your right, Julie!
The small world phenomenon (also known as the small world effect) is the hypothesis that everyone in the world can be reached through a short chain of social acquaintances. The concept gave rise to the famous phrase six degrees of separation after a 1967 small world experiment by social psychologist Stanley Milgram which suggested that two random US citizens were connected by an average of a chain of six acquaintances.

However, after more than thirty years its status as a description of heterogeneous social networks (such as the aforementioned "everyone in the world") still remains an open question. Little research has been done in this area since the publication of the original paper.

Steve

Hi Steve, I'm with Rob and Deb on this one. Is there a way of saying that in english, American or Australian, either will do. :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:31 pm

PaulC wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

Your right, Julie!

Steve

Hi Steve, I'm with Rob and Deb on this one. Is there a way of saying that in English, American or Australian, either will do. :lol: :lol:
Cheers

I apologize, I know what has caused this phenomena however. The wife is going to school to get her PhD (piled higher and deeper) and she keeps talking to me non-stop... well she has always talked to me non-stop but now she uses 4 syllable words and talks of ideas and philosophy instead of talking about the neighbors. A little knowledge could be a dangerous thing. (for me not her)
Guess what I meant to say was presuming we both lived different places in the USA and if you have six acquaintances, and I have six acquaintances one of mine would probably know one of yours. That was all Paul... :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby PaulC » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:04 am

Hi Steve, Thanks for that. Was'nt it Andy Warhol who used to refer to that exact principle when referring to the shrinking size of the world, as in his global village concept?
Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:44 am

PaulC wrote:Hi Steve, Thanks for that. Was'nt it Andy Warhol who used to refer to that exact principle when referring to the shrinking size of the world, as in his global village concept?
Cheers

Yeah Paul that is true. The concept actually belonged to Marshall McLuhan to which Andy Warhol prescribed to his principals. One of Warhols favorite dictums was "In the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes," but he said a lot of stuff. Most of which was horse manure.

Steve 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby jplock » Mon May 08, 2006 9:41 pm

Yes it's a small world! Today I visited with a neighbor up the street from me, and he is building a teardrop cargo hauler for his motorcycle. I got to look it over, and it is really nice.
jplock

:applause:
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Next

Return to South Central