Washington State Intermittent Use Tabs

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Washington State Intermittent Use Tabs

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat May 11, 2019 10:56 am

Last year I paid for my new teardrop license tabs only to discover on the back of the renewal notice an offer for a permanent registration for a one time fee.
In my area the fee is $187.50 but when I went to pay they added on other fees to bring the total to $202.25.
It will take me about 3 1/2 years to break even.
One good thing is I'll never have to pay the RTA tax :thumbsup: on my TD again which is currently $33.00.
From my understanding this tab is only for the registered trailer and is not transferrable to another trailer.
To see if your trailer qualifies go to www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/inte ... lates.html
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: Washington State Intermittent Use Tabs

Postby gudmund » Sun May 09, 2021 10:34 pm

right after re-newing my plate tabs in 2019 (Mar19) I read this post from Danny ^above^ about this Wash. State's Intermittent license tab 'deal'. So last Mar 2020 I re-newed them under this 'life-time deal' only to get what looked to be the letter from them again this year - of what I thought to be the yearly tab 're-new' from Wash. State in the mail again this year (in March). Being I had worked for this state for 31 years and having had them -re-neg- on a retirement offer "deal" after signing up for it years ago - I left the PO - :x 'fuming' :x - thinking they had now re-negged on this license tab deal. After getting home and taking time to sit down, I opened the envelope expecting the 'tab deal cancelsolation' news only to find instead a "trailer title" = I forgot I had paid off the trailer loan a couple months back......... :oops:

PS:I still wouldn't put it past them to eventually cancel this license tab deal once they realize after the 3rd year they are loosing $$$$ :roll: :thinking:
gudmund
500 Club

Return to North West