2019 Fall Crawl

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

2019 Fall Crawl

Postby Vedette » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:08 am

The 2019 Fall Crawl Fall Crawl will be our 5th Annual, and is "Officially" Sponsored by the "PNW Chapter" of the Tear Jerkers.
Our travel route will be 800 miles thru Idaho and Montana.
This years Crawl Theme is "Sip & Soak" and will feature many hot springs, brew pubs, and wineries.
Starting at Hells Gate SP in Lewiston Sept 6th, then travelling south, then west making a circle of Central Idaho and the west side of Montana.
before returning to Kamiah ID for our finally.
The Crawl format of this event will allow us to stay as a group at predetermined Campgrounds while seeing the many attractions along the route.
As Campground reservations must be made in advance for our "Group Camping" it is necessary for us to know approximately how many will be staying each night. Thus, there will be a $20.00 Registration Fee for Participation in this year's Crawl.
Campground costs will be divided evenly between the number of participants at each location, each night.
Our numbers will vary each night, as Participants are invited to come for the whole tour, or join in for any part of the tour.
The focus this year has been to book "Great Campgrounds" that are conducive to Teardrop Group Camping.
We will start off in Lewiston on Sept 6 with stops at Whitebird, Donnelley, Crouch, Challis, Elk Bend Campground, Sula, Lolo, and end back at Kamiah.
If you wish to join us or need further information, Please email me at [email protected]
or
Go to the Fall Crawl Registration thread under PNW Chapter on the Tear Jerkers Forum.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Re: 2019 Fall Crawl

Postby Photophobic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:32 pm

I'll be in Lewiston & Lolo, not too sure about all the stops in between yet.

I need to remember to get help measuring while I'm hitched at one of them so I know my total length, I think I'm going to be a foot too long for the ferry to Last Gasp.
Paul

Photophobic photographer looking for adventure.
Build thread: Here
Photophobic
Teardrop Advisor

Postby capnTelescope » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm

:oops: Ummm. I'm interested, but I couldn't find the dates. When does all of this happen? :)

(edit) :oops: Okay, Sept 6 until... Never mind. :thumbsup:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby gudmund » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:37 am

Photophobic - there is 'NO' being 'too long for the ferry boat ride' on the Washington State Ferry Boat System - If you are more than 30 feet in length = they just charge you more $$money$$ for the ride. - Example - on the Port Townsend Ferry, the charge for vehicle's 14 to 30 feet long is $22, when over 30 ft, $10 is added = total $32. Each ferry has different rates due to the 'distance' length of the ferry boat ride (the last time I used the Mukilteo Ferry towing my trailer I think my cost was $27 for the ride - and mine combined length is 'just' under 30 feet (29ft8in) so a extra $10 would have been added to this for being over 30 feet as my last PU/teardrop setup was (30ft - '2' in) And yes with a 4 dr PU like yours towing a 10ft long Tear = yours is more and likely 'over' 30 feet in length. (and whether you know the length or not, they 'will' measure it, if they choose too.... - with their -not so accurate- "rolling wheel measure stick") :thinking: T.Hoefer
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Photophobic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:44 am

gudmund wrote:Photophobic - there is 'NO' being 'too long for the ferry boat ride' on the Washington State Ferry Boat System - If you are more than 30 feet in length = they just charge you more $$money$$ for the ride. - Example - on the Port Townsend Ferry, the charge for vehicle's 14 to 30 feet long is $22, when over 30 ft, $10 is added = total $32. Each ferry has different rates due to the 'distance' length of the ferry boat ride (the last time I used the Mukilteo Ferry towing my trailer I think my cost was $27 for the ride - and mine combined length is 'just' under 30 feet (29ft8in) so a extra $10 would have been added to this for being over 30 feet as my last PU/teardrop setup was (30ft - '2' in) And yes with a 4 dr PU like yours towing a 10ft long Tear = yours is more and likely 'over' 30 feet in length. (and whether you know the length or not, they 'will' measure it, if they choose too.... - with their -not so accurate- "rolling wheel measure stick") :thinking: T.Hoefer

I know they let big rigs on, used to spend a lot of time on and around the Mukilteo and Edmonds ferries, just referring to pricing. I looked up vehicle lengths before posting, what I found showed $17 for under 30ft if roof under 7 1/2ft but $68 for under 40ft (no roof height discount). #10 add-on wouldn't break the bank but an extra $100 round trip would be a big stretch.
Paul

Photophobic photographer looking for adventure.
Build thread: Here
Photophobic
Teardrop Advisor

Postby gudmund » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:00 pm

just looked at the last trip 'sales' receipt I had on the Mukilteo Ferry (Last Gasp - 28Oct18) ride. The cost was $27 and that was for being under 30'/under 7'.2" . It will be less for me next time being I now get the senior rate for being over 65. I have the receipt being I now save them for ferry boat fare taker 'arguing' purpose's when they try to 'over-charge' me for being too long/too high and yes, this receipt states right on it "$27.00 under 30ft in length/under 7.2" in height. Note: Washington Ferry Boat rates change seasonally many-a-time's per year!
gudmund
500 Club

Return to North West