Leslie Gulch Anyone?

Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Alaska

Re: Leslie Gulch Anyone?

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:30 pm

Wolfgang92025 wrote:Is it Jim Brown Bridge Rd ?

So far it sounds like 3 rigs?
I'm fine for either location since it is about same time and distance for me.
Weather forecast says cloudy with a slight chance of rain for Saturday.

YES, that's it. Jim Brown bridge. When I first started stopping there, there was no sign. One appeared about a year ago.

I may have some cargo come in Friday. Or I may not. Or it could be Monday.

Wolfgang, you want to meet up at the bridge friday? and any body else.

Leslie Gulch is nice but Kind of far for me if I need to be around here for the cargo. I can get to Jim Brown in a bit over an hour.
Last edited by Wolffarmer on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:33 pm

Or we could go to Pipeline by American falls. Would be a little closer for Wolfgang.

And there is a vault toilet there. Right on the banks of the mighty Snake River.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:
YES, that's it. Jim Brown bridge. When I first started stopping there, there was no sign. One appeared about a year ago.

I may have some cargo come in Friday. Or I may not. Or it could be Monday.

Wolfgang, you want to meet up at the bridge friday? and any body else.

Leslie Gulch is nice but Kind of far for me if I need to be around here for the cargo. I can get to Jim Brown in a bit over an hour.

Randy

Still need to work out some details with work.
If I can, leave SLC around 10 AM Friday. That would put me in Richfield around 2 PM.
I would send you a text from maybe Snowville with my arrival time in Richfield so you don't have to spend a ton of time waiting.
Should have all the fine details worked out by this time tomorrow.
Stay tuned .......
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby lee senn » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Might be able to include Norma and I . So far it appears to be a moving target any definite location at this time ? Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 pm

lee senn wrote:Might be able to include Norma and I . So far it appears to be a moving target any definite location at this time ? Lee and Norma

Hey Lee. Looks like Wolfgang and I are going to Jim Brown Bridge 4 miles east of Richfield Idaho. or north, how ever one figures it. Go towards Carey. There are no facilities there other than some short sagebrush.

Rob may still be going to Lislie Gluch in eastern Oregon. At least there is a vault toilet, tables and shade structures.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:58 am

Sounds like a great time. If I wasn't already scheduled by my trophy wife this weekend and also wasn't four states away I might be inclined to wander out there and join youse guys! Hope to make it another time.

:vroom:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:42 am

rjgimp wrote:Sounds like a great time. If I wasn't already scheduled by my trophy wife this weekend and also wasn't four states away I might be inclined to wander out there and join youse guys! Hope to make it another time.

:vroom:

Maybe another time. I been thinking about going to the Bad Lands in South Dakota some time. There is a campground in the northern part that sounds interesting. Have to keep an eye out for buffalo.
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:26 am

Have to keep an eye out for buffalo.

Another argument for two doors in a 'drop. :shock:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby robfisher » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:
lee senn wrote:Might be able to include Norma and I . So far it appears to be a moving target any definite location at this time ? Lee and Norma

Hey Lee. Looks like Wolfgang and I are going to Jim Brown Bridge 4 miles east of Richfield Idaho. or north, how ever one figures it. Go towards Carey. There are no facilities there other than some short sagebrush.

Rob may still be going to Lislie Gluch in eastern Oregon. At least there is a vault toilet, tables and shade structures.

Yep, This is one convoluted thread to be sure. I'm going to Leslie Gulch. I'll be there tomorrow afternoon.

I haven't tried to keep up with the adventures in time and space of Randy and Wolfgang but I'm sure they will have fun.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby lee senn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Well folks I think Norma and I will have to pass on both Leslie gulch and Richfield . I had some significant lower back surgery a few months ago ( plates and screws , ouch ) and am healing nicely but , and there always seems to be a but , my strength is a long way from back . That being the case I am paranoid about long dirt roads ( a flat tire would be a major catastrophe as I am not sure I could change one just yet ) anywho I'm thinking Norma and I will just head to Three Island crossing state park and err on the safe side. might even squeeze in a little wine tasting at the nearby winery . Anyone else out there who would like to join us is certainly welcome . Thanks to both of you for getting me amped up to go camping !!! Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby lee senn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:45 pm

Oops just found out three island park is not open yet. Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby ghcoe » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:20 am

I was hoping that I could make this one, if only for a few hours, but just too much going on around here right now. Hope it turned out to be a good time for all who did show up. Catch you next time, I hope. George.
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ghcoe » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:21 am

lee senn wrote:Oops just found out three island park is not open yet. Lee and Norma

Might be a little late, but Brenuea Sand Dunes is a nice destination this time of year. Not much farther than 3 Island.
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robfisher » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Just returned from a great campout. Leslie Gulch always fascinates first timers with its beauty. Lot's of pictures were taken and new friendships connected. The weather was amazing. 60 degrees the first week of March felt like summer.

Life in a teardrop is good. Please get out and use these amazing little ambassadors of friendship. The friends I've made through my teardrop make my corner of the world a lot kinder, more intimate and so much more worth living.

This weekend was good.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:09 am

Wolfgang and I met up east of Richfield ID at the Jim Brown Bridge and then drove almost 1/2 mile further and found a spot where much soil had been removed, Probably to build a road some place. It was depressed about 5 feet giving a little protection from the wind. Saturday we drove up to the Craters of the Moon Headquarters. Then drove up the Silver Valley a little scouting some potential camp sites. Weather was great until Saturday after dark when the wind and rain came in. But it wasn't to bad. Sat in my trailer for a few hours chatting. Wolfgang left first and I stuck around a few hours reading and doing some shooting.

It was a good camp out. And it is still officially winter so We can call these our winter camps. Can't we?
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North West