Death Valley - potluck signup

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Death Valley - potluck signup

Postby Joanne » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:54 am

Hi all!

The countdown has begun to the DV gathering. I have posted some final thoughts on the DV final details thread.

Steve reminded me that it's a good idea to start a list of what everyone plans to bring to the potluck. That way we know that we have enough main dishes, side dishes and desserts. As much as I like lagasana, it's probably best not to have 5 different ovens of it. :lol:

If each of you will post your dish, or even what you are thinking of, I'll update this master list. Thanks for helping us have a great event!!

Joanne

Death Valley Pot Luck

Joanne
- Herb-garlic dinner rolls
- Mexican corn bread

Steve
- Turkey enchilada casserole (editorial comment: YUM!)
Last edited by Joanne on Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby sdtripper2 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Turkey enchilada casserole
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Prime Rib...but you'll have to drive up to the redwoods to get it. :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Joanne » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Prime Rib...but you'll have to drive up to the redwoods to get it. :lol:

Sure. Go ahead and rub it in!! We invited you to attend with pure motive and no thought that you might do a prime rib for us, but nooooooo you have to be up there standing in line to get the best date for the IRG 2.0! Of course when I put it that way, I'm really glad that you are going to be getting that date and we can all come up and eat prime rib under the redwoods.

Dean, here's my real concern. We are going to be down in Death Valley, out of touch with any form of civilization...especially the internet. Then you are going to be up there setting the date for the IRG, announcing it to the world, having it sell out like a Hannah Montana concert, and all of us Death Valleyites will be left out in the cold while everyone is enjoying the prime rib at the IRG 2.0. :cry: :cry:

Seriously, I hope that the weather is decent for you guys this year while you are waiting in line for the date. I know that we are all excited to get the date on our calendars.

Merry Christmas!

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:56 pm

Welp,
You DVittes will just have to hurry home. :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:58 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Prime Rib...but you'll have to drive up to the redwoods to get it. :lol:

Or Portland.
P.S. I'll try to have pictures up soon.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Death Valley Pot Luck

Postby Oasis Maker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi Joanne,

It's Scott Goggin - Sue's "fill-in" for site #51 -or a.k.a. - Area 51. (hmm) I know it's late in the game but I hope this letter reaches you in time. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang tomorrow. However, I am not much of a cook and wanted to know if there is something I can pick up for you. I will gladly stop off at a deli for a side dish, beverage, etc., whatever you think will compliment your cooking skills... (and I am very much aware that you do have skills).

I will formally introduce myself to the newbie section when I get back, but you should know that I have followed this forum for a few years now from the cheap seats.

See ya tomorrow!
Scott "Oasis Maker"
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Death Valley Pot Luck

Postby Joanne » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Oasis Maker wrote:Hi Joanne,

It's Scott Goggin - Sue's "fill-in" for site #51 -or a.k.a. - Area 51. (hmm) I know it's late in the game but I hope this letter reaches you in time. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang tomorrow. However, I am not much of a cook and wanted to know if there is something I can pick up for you. I will gladly stop off at a deli for a side dish, beverage, etc., whatever you think will compliment your cooking skills... (and I am very much aware that you do have skills).

I will formally introduce myself to the newbie section when I get back, but you should know that I have followed this forum for a few years now from the cheap seats.

See ya tomorrow!
Scott "Oasis Maker"

Hey Scott, you don't have to be a cook to join us!! We always welcome some corn chips and salsa (even if it is from New York city!). I would bet that some hot chocolate mix would be welcome too. Anything will be welcomed.

If you are interested in Dutch Oven cooking, feel free to stop by and watch. My friend Kelly and I have gotten quite a few folks started in DO cooking. We are always looking for someone new to bore ... errr .... ahhh .... enlighten with information about Dutch Oven cooking. :lol:

See you there!
Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:50 pm

bledsoe3 wrote:

Or Portland.
P.S. I'll try to have pictures up soon.

Jim! Did you do a prime rib too?!?! Did you do it packed in salt like Dean does? Man, I've got to learn to do that!! Prime rib is heaven on a plate.

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Return to South West