Death Valley???

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Oasis Maker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:26 am

:lol: :lol: Hi Sue, that's quite a daunting way to put this obsession - AND I UNDERSTAND! I start thinking about my next outing/escape the minute I unhook my Tear! And when I think about how much thought went into purchasing the right design and then creating the right set up to fit my needs - I can only imagine what the many talented people that BUILD their Teardrops go through! :hammer: :tipsy: :lol:

Well, Joanne's word is gold so you may as well sign the adoption papers now and make it official. We're one big happy family! :shake hands:

See ya down the Road!
Scott
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:44 pm

I got to Furnace Creek on Jan 2nd. Drove through the camp ground and didn't see any TDs. Area 51 was empty. So I went up to my normal camp site. Texas Springs, upper and found a TD there. They are not a forum memeber, yet.

This was my first outing in my teardrop. or any tear. It worked great. Just wished my joints did also. But I slept great in it and was never cold even though there is no heater other than me. The wind hit us just before dark on Jan 4 and blew through that night, the next day and that night. Distroyed a few tents. I just spun my teardrop around to face into the wind. :D
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Death Valley Daze...

Postby daveleb55 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Sorry we missed you by a day, Wolffarmer. Glad we missed the windstorm, though. I noticed it was much colder and a lot windier up by Scotty's Castle, than in Furnace Creek.

I had a few pics I wanted to share with the group, better late than never, i guess. (In addition to the Teardrop Cult, The Cast Iron Cult, and the Coffee Cult, I am also a follower of the Swami Procrastidananda, who teaches us:
"Never do today what you can put off until next week,")

Here we are at Ubehebe Crater, an extinct volcanic something or another.

More of the crater.

"I'll race you to the bottom,"
"OK, you go first,"
"No, LADIES go first,"
"No, really, you should go first,"
"I insist, you must go first...."

I think this was the Moussaka cooking. It was quite yummy, and easy to make. You guys missed out!

Here is our galley, where all good things emanate from.

Yummmmm.

Keeping warm by the fire. It got really cold after the sun went down.

Steve Tripp and I sharing tall tales by the fire.

We had a great time, and would like to go back again when it isn't quite so cold.

Dave & Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to South West