Interested in a SLO Gathering 2.0 this fall?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Ma3tt » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Cachuma is fine, its a lot closer, maybe I'll only break down once on the way up! We can all pitch in and rent one of the big party boats for the afternoon and go bird watching!
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby BruceB » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi Steve-
Last year was great! I'll certainly plan to make another trip to the central coast now that my Labor Day plans have changed and I won't have to drive 900 miles in one day.
BruceB
Teardrop Inspector

Postby emiller » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Man I had so much fun last year, but I won't have the time this year.
:cry:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Esteban » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Eddie, hope we see you another time. Bruce, it'll be good to have you join us again. You might win the longest distance traveled award a second time.

:? We're still trying to choose the best/better campground for a second Central Coast Gathering. Some we're considering are Paradise or Lake Cachuma campgrounds in Santa Barbara County. Or Lopez Lake or Morro Bay State Park in San Luis Obispo County. Each of them has it's pluses and minuses with no clear standout. Last year we had a little over 30 teardrops at the SLO Gathering. We'd like to be able to have that many, or more, come again.

Some things that have held us back form picking a location are: 30 teardrops is probably the upper limit at beautiful little Paradise campground with 2-4 teardrops sharing each campsite. Cachuma has a very nice big group site with shady oaks, a nice BBQ area with tables, and hot showers - so far SB county red tape is holding us back from a go ahead there. The best campsites for us at Lopez Lake are individual campsites up on a hill overlooking the lake, all with paved road access to them, so visiting one another would take a little physical fitness and exercise. Morro Bay SP, closest to the ocean, attracts more RVs with generators than we'd prefer. What do we choose?

It looks like doing a second gathering at Montana de Oro is out. In September camping becomes first come first served with no advance reservations (or an accommodating camp host who will with a handshake "hold" spots like last year) and, on top of that, the park might be closed due to state budget problems.

Teardrop Time. :x I goofed up the dimensions for the first floor for my teardrop. Made it :? too short and narrow to fit my frame right. Have almost finished the second floor. :thinking: Anyone want/need a 5' x 10' insulated floor to build a teardrop? There's less than 3 months till IRG. Can it (my teardrop) be done (enough) in time? No pressure, right?

:thinking: Chris and Dan "Italia" and I may meet over the weekend to help sort it out.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby martha24 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Steve,
I sent you a PM.

I so glad you're figuring out a camp ground for another SLO area gathering.
:thumbsup:

Best of luck with your build, I hope the rest goes really smooth.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Esteban » Tue May 20, 2008 2:50 pm

:vroom: :icedtea: :relaxing: :campfire: We've been quiet about announcing the date and location for a second SLO Gathering. Behind the scenes we're working on it. More and more, we realize how very fortunate we were last year to be able to hold a gathering at Montana de Oro largely because of Lana a very friendly and helpful camp host. Lana, wherever you are we miss you and hope you're doing well. This last weekend Chris, Dan and I each went to check out the Pismo Beach old trailer rally. It was nice to see friends from the first SLO Gathering there. We're hoping to go look at Lopez Lake campground again this weekend now that the campsites we're considering using there are open for camping.

Bye for now, gotta go build some walls. Newest tool is a 40 buck Harbor Freight biscuit joiner. It's fun to cut out blocking to build the wall frame and biscuit them together.
:)
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Biscuit Joiner/SLO

Postby daveleb55 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Best tool I ever got was a biscuit joiner. It's a little twitchy to adjust, but once you are there, it's irreplaceable!

Y'know, Esteban, not to put too fine a point on it, but if you just announce a place to have the gathering, people will show up. I'm up against the wall of deciding which events to attend, and which to take a pass on, mostly due to monetary issues, not the least of which is the price of petrol. But, we also have to plan vacation time, et al, and without a definite date, no can do!

SO, PICK ONE!!! If we can make it, we will, or else see you next year!

Dave & Kathleen

Esteban wrote::"..... Newest tool is a 40 buck Harbor Freight biscuit joiner. It's fun to cut out blocking to build the wall frame and biscuit them together.
:)
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

SLO 2.0 Sept 11-13, 2008

Postby Esteban » Fri May 23, 2008 1:38 pm

:) :) :) We're going to have the second SLO Gathering at Lopez lake Campground on Sept. 11-13, 2008. I started a new thread about it in the South West forum so please reply there.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Previous

Return to South West