Ocean Cove Campout

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Ocean Cove Campout

Postby dhazard » Wed May 07, 2008 7:28 pm

Just making sure that everyone knows about the Nor Cal TearJerkers gathering at Ocean Cove Campground at the end of Jun.

http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=479
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby dhazard » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:28 pm

Bump… Am I going to be diving all by my self? :(

Quote From Capt Aaron of the Norcal Tear Jerkers

June 27-29 Ocean Cove

Ocean Cove is located at 23125 Coast Highway One, 15 miles north of Jenner. This is a beautiful campground located on 20 acres with oceanfront campsites as well as more secluded ones nestled in the trees back from the bluff. They have a boat ramp and hot showers. A visit to the web site is worthwhile. http://www.oceancove.org

This is a favorite place for abalone diving, and we will be there during season, so bring your appetite. Scuba diving, fishing, golfing, and hiking are other favorite area activities. Camping is $19/night. Reservations cannot be made for this campground, but we do not expect this to be a problem. If you plan on attending this event be sure to post a reply and let us know of your intention so we know of your interest. For those who want to join us, but think teardrops may be to small to actually sleep in there are two houses available for rent starting at $195/night. The phone number for the campground is 707-847-3422.
ImageImageImage
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:22 pm

No I didn't know about it but sounds like alot of fun. Dan you'll find some to dive with, if not you will have some type of fish hangin with you.
Eddie
emiller
Donating Member

Postby DougH » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:58 am

I'd love to make this one but can't as I have a long weekend planned for the following July 4th weekend. Wish I had remembered where this was as I was right there for Memorial day weekend, I would have taken a look at the campground. Then I camped at Casini Ranch in Duncan Mills, and one day drove up to Fort Ross. First time on that part of the coast in a couple of years, I forgot how twisty the road is!
DougH
Teardrop Master

Ocean Cove

Postby capt aaron » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:38 pm

FYI, I have received a couple calls from people who are going to the Ocean Cove trip who are not registered TearJerkers. One is coming from Placerville, and one from San Rafael. I do not have a count as to how many total are coming as there is no required registration but there are a number of others who I have spoken to that have said they are probably going to go.

I am not going to be diving. A had a bad experience on the Ocean a few months ago which has left the Ocean and I on bad terms.
ImageImage
Happy Teardropping!
capt aaron
Teardrop Inspector

Postby boomboomtulum » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Would love to make it as well, ecept have prior reservation with the Tear on the North Shore of Tahoe. June 28- July 2

Dave
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=37109

Have'nt been everywhere yet, but it's on my list.
boomboomtulum
Teardrop Master

Postby dhazard » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:20 am

I did a day dive on Sunday from Ocean Cove, headed north to the end of Salt Point Park.
http://saltpointoceanconditions.com/
Dive conditions SUCKED… :thumbs down: got my Abs :hammerhead:
Hopefully it will be better by next weekend. :worship:

My wife is refusing to ride to the coast in my old truck so I will not be bringing my boat. :cry:
Anyone want to haul it to the coast for me?

Capt Aaron, that that doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Just remember that when you enter the Ocean you are going into a food chain and you are not on the top…

I think I will be heading out Thursday so how big of spot should I stake out?
ImageImageImage
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 am

Dan...I'm probably not going to be there. They are remodeling the shopping center and our store is scheduled for HVAC work this weekend. I was really looking forward to it, especially since all this smoke blew in...gotta be clean air out there. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to South West