Only 30 days to go....

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: IRG Spoiler

Postby Joanne » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 pm

jhb wrote:
The Teardrop Nanny wrote:the cost of the rental has gone up considerably with California's tight budget and the resulting cuts. Dean and I would still like to offer the same price for the event as the last two times and hope that we will sell out again this year.Joanie

Joanie,
Some, if not most of us, would like to help out a bit more with the budget than you allow us, especially those of us who have less than a day's drive to get there. We feel a bit like a mooch paying so little for 4 days of camping. If nothing else, perhaps something can be set up for donations to the Nanny's Niche Pamplin Grove Redwood Preservation Fund where we, as IRG'ers, are involved in the preservation of the grove.

I'm with you John!! If I could only attend one event in the next two years, it would be the IRG. For me, nothing else comes close. Joanie and Dean shouldn't have to pay out of their own pockets for us to enjoy one of the most beautiful places on earth.

As TDN says, "Pay It Forward"!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Ken Fincher » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 am

Doug
I have read the Teardrop Derby regulations, But I had 1 question so I went back to the beginning of the regulations & read them again & there is still 1 question that I have.

So here it is, I know that the shoe box is 4" width X 8" length, :scratchthinking: But what about the hight ?

Will the teardrop derby have to fit into the box with the lid on the shoe box??
If we cannot go higher then the top of the box we will need to know the correct measurment.

Maybe at the IRG 4 we could use one of my shoe boxes! :lol:
Better can that idea,we'de have to get a bigger scale & track since I wear a size 14.

Thanks.
Ken F.
P.S. a person can still build multiple Teardrop Derby's "Correct"?
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Will Smith » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Ken several racers were taller than the box last time. see you there!
Benefit mankind, use your screen saver for something useful. More information here:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Will Smith
Teardrop Master

Postby Ken Fincher » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Will
That was what I thought, but I was'nt shure.
Now I have 6 months to build a racer or two, Hopfully I will not wait until the day before this year, So it is doubtfull that I will be running a Potato Tear this year.

Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

IRG 3.0 Reg Form

Postby jhb » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 am

Hi Folks,

Until www.pamplingrove.com is back on line you can get the IRG 3.0 Registration Form here:

http://www.uuplus.com/Downloads/IRG/IRG.pdf
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to South West