Quartzsite

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Quartzsite

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Sam and I will be taking our tears out to Quartzsite Arizna this weekend (1 -15 thru 1-17) for a little swapmeeting and camping. We will camp out by Dome rock on BLM land. If anyone wants to join us come on out.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Wolfmoms » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am

Can you post some directions to Dome Rock area? Is there a cost for BLM camping? I've heard that it's now $40 for a 14 day permit in the general Quartzsite area. Confirmation????
Wolfmoms
Teardrop Builder

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 am

Wolfmoms wrote:Can you post some directions to Dome Rock area? Is there a cost for BLM camping? I've heard that it's now $40 for a 14 day permit in the general Quartzsite area. Confirmation????

I sure hope not. If they keep tryin' to kill the golden goose over there, they will. A few years ago they uprooted just about all of the small vendors that made Quartzsite and put it on the map and moved them across the highway like undesirables. The thinking was to attract high rent leases. Meanwhile, all the small vendors had NO foot traffic and were really ticked off about it.

They did this so abruptly that the regular visitors were baffled as to where the vendor strip was? As far as I know, you have a right to be on BLM land in one spot "up to" 14 days for free - then you just move and get another one.

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 am

I've never payed to be on BLM land before I hope it hasn't changed. They did change the layout of the venders 2 years ago and your right Scott it did change the feel of the place and not for the better. But I've allways had fun there and I tend to stay away from the big venders anyway. And next weekend is the RV show.

Directions to dome rock...As you come into town from the west (on the I-10) you will see a large hill on the right, Thats dome rock. You will see alot of people camping to the west of that hill. just find your way back to that area once you exit the freeway. its real easy. and look for 2 teardrops that will be us.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby emiller » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 pm

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/recrea ... mping.html
I pay the BLM when riding my quad on BLM land. I buy a year permit for the family.
http://www.eugenecarsey.com/camp/quartz ... merock.htm
emiller
Donating Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Good info Eddie. Thanks, there is no charge for camping in that area. :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Return to South West