East Nevada West Utah recommendations?

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

East Nevada West Utah recommendations?

Postby nevadatear » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:27 pm

I am thinking about an easter week trip to the parks in East NV and west Utah. I will be traveling from north central NV (Lovelock), probably starting with the 'glyphs in Austin first, then traveling east to Utah. Any recommenations/ don't miss places/routes are requested! :shake hands: :campfire:
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby jhb » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Cathy and I got tired of the smoke in the Serrias two summers ago and headed across Hwy 6 from Bishop to Ely, and then to Great Basin NP. Other than hiking up past the oldest continuously living tree on the planet on our way to a glacier...the day after visiting one of the better caves I've been in... It was awesome. If it's cold you can camp at the lower elevations.

The drive across 6 is also great, I'm going to have to do that some time when I can camp along the way, but I don't think it would be at it's best in mid summer.

I also enjoyed the drive across 50 from the Glyphs east last September. Again, it would be nice to spend several days doing the trip. Note that 50 boasts being the loneliest hwy, but it's a busy road compared to the stretch from Tonopah to Ely on 6.
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Return to South West