1/8" baltic birch in No Utah...

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

1/8" baltic birch in No Utah...

Postby suckerpunched » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Does anyone in this area know a source for 1/8" baltic birch ply...The big name stores don't have it....preferably north of SLC but will drive there if I have to .....Thanks...TC
If you see my harley on a trailer,,,,call the police cause it's being stolen...
suckerpunched
Teardrop Master

Postby teardrop_focus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Gage suggested we try a sash and door company.

Give that a try. Dunno who's in your area... perhaps the trusy ol' yellow pages might yield a result?

:lol:

And of course there's always The Go0gle.

:cigar:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby suckerpunched » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks for the reply,,,,I did just that and found a source close to me that has 5x5 for $23 and 4X8 for $24...just have to go look at the grades and decide on what I need>>>>It will be a few weeks before I need it but I'm trying to find sources and prices as I build.....
TC
suckerpunched
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:47 pm

suckerpunched wrote:Thanks for the reply,,,,I did just that and found a source close to me that has 5x5 for $23 and 4X8 for $24...just have to go look at the grades and decide on what I need>>>>It will be a few weeks before I need it but I'm trying to find sources and prices as I build.....
TC

Just stay away from the 'Big Box' stores. When it comes to ply, they only have cheap junk. You might also try a custom cabinet shop/store.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby GregB » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Many of us have used MacBeath's, but as you say, it is down in SLC. They have lots of quality hardwoods and hardwood ply.

Greg
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 pm

This may not be any help to our Utah-based brethren, but I've found 1/8" birch ply in a 5' X 5' down here in Los Angeles county...

at Anderson Plywood in Culver City.

:pipe:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 pm

teardrop_focus wrote:This may not be any help to our Utah-based brethren, but I've found 1/8" birch ply in a 5' X 5' down here in Los Angeles county...
at Anderson Plywood in Culver City.
:pipe:
Good find Chris. Thank you. So is Culver City closer than Riverside (for me)? :thinking: Guess I need to do a google map. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby suckerpunched » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:00 am

Culver City....Los Angeles,,,,,brings back memories.....Roll on retirement and Oregon...... :)
suckerpunched
Teardrop Master

Re: 1/8" baltic birch in No Utah...

Postby jmtk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 pm

suckerpunched wrote:Does anyone in this area know a source for 1/8" baltic birch ply...The big name stores don't have it....preferably north of SLC but will drive there if I have to .....Thanks...TC

Welcome to the forum! Greg already told you about MacBeath's, but you might find this thread useful during your build. It's some of the SLC area suppliers that I and others frequented to find good stuff for our builds:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=21102&highlight=

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:28 am

...by Gage

So is Culver City closer than Riverside (for me)? :thinking:

I think it is ever-so-slightly closer, yes. Whereas in light traffic, midday, Anderson's location would be one hour due south by road, Riverside would be 1.5 hours southeast. It's your jaunt east over to the 15 that would add the time, but you pro-babbly k-now that altheready.

(Pardon the threadjack but pleased to have been of any assistance at all.)

:coffee:

suckerpunched

Culver City....Los Angeles... brings back memories.....Roll on retirement and Oregon...... :)

Right on! you fortunate devil. :D

:thumbsup:

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Return to South West