I pawned it in Salt Lake City

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

I pawned it in Salt Lake City

Postby JrnymnJay » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi everyone, it's been a few years since I've been around in the scene. I've visited the AZ vintage and teardrop gatherings in Cottonwood--Dead Horse Ranch a few times in the past.

Long story short, I and my family have finally settled into Peoria AZ. About a month ago, we did our first family camping trip up in the Flagstaff area. My 3 year old daughter loved it---and the experience made me wonder if I might be able to find the little Journette I made back in 2003.

In my move from Illinois to California, I pretty much ran out of money on the way and ended up pawning my teardrop at Hy & Mikes' in Salt Lake City UT. I've no idea if it is/would be still there (I doubt it)...so I'm asking the forum here for some help if any of you have sighted my creation?

I'll try to get some photos linked in a bit. It was a little guy...4x8-ish and all IH Farmall Red. It had a re-used van window on the passenger side door and a very bare galley. I'm not sure if I had even finished painting the galley hatch.

I'm doubtful it might have even survived for 7 years if it's been in the elements since then--but I'm hoping someone might have picked it up and I might have the chance to be reunited with it.javascript:emoticon(':worship:')

Jay Griffin

[/img]
JrnymnJay
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:46 pm

...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby GregB » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Jay,

I work just east of Hy & Mike's, give me a day or so, and I will see what I can dig up.

Greg
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Postby TheBizMan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am

Jay,

I hope you find it.

I live in Peoria also, at 91st ave and Peoria ave.
Lee - TheBizMan sez
Teardrops make for happy camping
ImageImage
TheBizMan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Jay!

Welcome back! Over the years, I wondered where you ended up & how things were going. Are you still a smithy?

Hope you are able to track down the teardrop.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Jay, hope you find you old memory maker.

Now go out and make more memories with the family. I will keep an eye out for it here in Idaho.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Return to South West