Got Raccoons? Call the SLO Angels!

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby Esteban » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Coon hatted Sue judging the SLO Waffle Off
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:23 pm

Gage wrote:But two got away. :lol:

Gage,
Digital photography is amazing...
Just for shits and grins, I snagged that shot and played with the balance.

Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby tupelosue » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Esteban wrote:Coon hatted Sue judging the SLO Waffle Off

Gee! Those waffles were great! i wonder who made them??? :lol: :lol:
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:34 am

tupelosue wrote:

I have a question, is she really sleeping, or did Mongo show up?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby tupelosue » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:03 am

asianflava wrote:
tupelosue wrote:

I have a question, is she really sleeping, or did Mongo show up?

I think his cousin invited him over for waffles :lol:
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby rbeemer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Believe it or not I bought a DO Cookbook with a recipe for Coon
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Good One Rocky!!! :lol:

I'd say she's sleeping, 'cause I don't see Doug and Lee making funny faces at her.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Coons & the bandit chaser

Postby Ken Fincher » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:46 pm

Gage wrote:But two got away. :lol:

I think I got a picture or two of the two that Gage is refuring to you can see them in gathering pics on my website.

Ken F.
P.S. I felt like a tennis judge scince I was between Italia's camp & emiller's camp. But I think Italia's camp won the match thanks to her hubby better known as the bandit chaser, watching his cap light running all over in the middle of the night gave me a stomachache from laughing so hard. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Ma3tt » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:40 pm

Just a little color from the campfire...

Let me set the scene, its late at night,everyone is a little tense, the smell of cigar smoke and rum in the air, a campfire crackles, As we all try to stay calm after the previous evenings wilding by a band of masked critters the owner of the rocketear begins a tail in his best Robert Shaw from "JAWS" voice....

“SoCal submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, chief. It was comin' back, from the island of Montana De Oro, just delivered the Dutch Ovens. Didn't see the first Raccoon for about a half an hour. Grey One. Thirteen footer. You tell by lookin' from the little mask to the tail. Well, we didn't know. `Cause our waffle mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. Very first light, chief. The raccoons come cruisin'. When a raccoon come near a man and then he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the raccoon would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that raccoon, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a raccoon, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many raccoons, maybe a thousand! I’ll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the raccoons took the rest, September 14th 2007 Anyway, we ate a bunch of waffles.
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby Italia » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Ya know Ken, I just couldn't sleep and those little buggers seem to be having such a great time, me and my sling shot just wanted to join in the fun. We camped at the crossroads from the creeks coon condos to the banquet and fun park and they all visited us first. I think we will keep all of the scratches the rascals left in our teardrop as kindling for story telling around the campfire. I'm glad you had a chuckle. Someone actually has a A DO recipe for coon?Please post it.--dano)
Italia
Teardrop Master

SLO

Postby Ken Fincher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:08 pm

Well you gave me a good laugh that one night. I just returned from the outhouse then that little light just kept on darting all over it kind of reminded me of videos you see on tv of ufo's your light would move real fast then it looked as if you we're going in circles then your light would vanish and then I would see it zipping and darting all over.

You made my night except I was laughing so hard I had to put some pants on & head for the outhouse again. ( I did'nt think it was a good idea to go in my shorts you probably had them coons all pist off) that was probably a good idea , there we,re about 6 that I could see around the trash can.

P.S. I hope I did'nt mispell to many words it is kind of dark out here in my spa.

Talk at ya soon.

Kern F.
Last edited by Ken Fincher on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:14 pm

I'm with you Ken I watched the dance of Dans light too.I was watching from inside my tear and watched him run round and round and I could hear the sling shot. too funny.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby doug hodder » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:29 pm

George...thought you might like this...today at the store had a bunch of ladies going up to a quilting retreat at Lake Tahoe...I told them to watch out for the bears...they said...."No problem, we brought some bottles of PineSol along with us, bears don't like it!!" had to laugh...yeah I heard that it works really well with the 'Coons...but bears...well, I dunno!!!! For those of you that weren't at the SLO...a number of us did pour PineSol around our trailers...I think it sort of worked, as I didn't have a real problem...but the smell of a dog in my site might of helped...but for a bear...I don't think so....the bears in Tahoe this year are really aggressive. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Got Raccoons?

Postby Italia » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:41 pm

I'm working on a coon catapult that uses garage door springs to send those pesky coons a good 50 ft back down into the creek, I think Jiffy Pop popcorn will make good bait.-dano
just kidding
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:15 am

So Dan...is your plan to just wear them out by making them walk up the hill a whole lot of times? Just curious... doug :lol:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

PreviousNext

Return to South West