New Year in Death Valley - Final Details

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby grant whipp » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:13 pm

outbackteardrop wrote:...Grant,

Forget Teardrop time. HURRY UP!!!!

Larry

"HURRY UP!!!!" and what, Larry? Get my reservation in? I'm tryin' ... but remember, we're dealin' with the gov'ment, and if you think Teardrop Time is laid back ... :roll: ...

Besides, I know that if all the sites are booked up by the time they let me in, I can always just show up and double-up on your site! :twisted: ('member when I did that at Sweetwater ... ???)
CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby tupelosue » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Grant, I just joined on the same day to make the res. You hve to be a member to make a res, I think.

easey peasey. 8)
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:43 pm

O.K.! Persistance pays off!

Thanks to the very friendly and helpful Zack at the NRRS phone system, we're in! Site #6 ...

Larry ... better bring an umbrella! ... might just rain grapes! :lol: ... :lol:
(Anyone here ever shoot grapes out of beer/soda bottles ...?)
I'm bettin' I can lob 'em over site #7 and into your galley ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Q » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm planning on being there but will be camping at Texas Spring across the road if I can get a spot. If not I'll be in the overflow area.

Q
Q
Teardrop Master

Postby outbackteardrop » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:27 pm

grant whipp wrote:O.K.! Persistance pays off!

Thanks to the very friendly and helpful Zack at the NRRS phone system, we're in! Site #6 ...

CHEERS!

Grant

I DARE YOU WHIPP!!!! AIM FOR SITE #7!!!! (I'm not in that site but nobody tell him that!)

Larry
outbackteardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joanne » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:08 pm

Q wrote:I'm planning on being there but will be camping at Texas Spring across the road if I can get a spot. If not I'll be in the overflow area.

Q

Is the campground already full??

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 pm

Gage wrote:
outbackteardrop wrote:Hey Whipp,
You have the perfect photo.....just getting out of bed.
You snooze, you loose. :SH GET WITH THE PROGRAM WHIPP!!!!
Larry

Aw, my replacement has arrived. Took you long enough. ;) I can now go on vacation and start organizing the SoCal chapter of the Tear Jerkers. Welcome aboard Larry (or is it Diane). :thinking:
You guys going to be at Spamboree next weekend?

You know Gage, there is a rule that if you post in a gathering thread, you have to attend the gathering! So...what campsite ya got? I'll make the cobbler, you bring the fork. :lol:

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:31 pm

grant whipp wrote:O.K.! Persistance pays off!

CHEERS!

Grant

Hey Grant!

Glad you hear that you and Lisa are going to be joining us!!

Grapes are fine, but leave the pumpkin gun at home :lol:

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby doug hodder » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:38 pm

So what's the deal if someone wanted to come on down as a last minute thing? Will they allow people to double up? Right now, I can't commit to it, but if the weather/time were working with me, I'd certainly make the effort. Just asking...I'm sure that Sue would let me double up in her space...someone needs to be her Sue "chef" :lol: :lol: and for those NO. Cal types...what route are you planning on taking? If we get nasty weather and it's chain laws over 50 or I80...might be a long trip. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:58 pm

Us No. Cal types are gonna be camped out at the Humboldt County Public Works Office...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Joanne » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:08 pm

doug hodder wrote:So what's the deal if someone wanted to come on down as a last minute thing? Will they allow people to double up? Right now, I can't commit to it, but if the weather/time were working with me, I'd certainly make the effort. Just asking...I'm sure that Sue would let me double up in her space...someone needs to be her Sue "chef" :lol: :lol: and for those NO. Cal types...what route are you planning on taking? If we get nasty weather and it's chain laws over 50 or I80...might be a long trip. Doug

Hey Doug,

The website said that only two vehicles per site (that includes the trailer and tow vehicle). That said, I'm sure we could find a place to hide a car to two if we need to. I would certainly welcome you to double up in my site if you make it down. I'm sure others would offer as well. There's a lot of prestige to sharing a campsite with the Rocketear.....ooops, I mean with Doug and Daisy. :lol:

Seriously, if you make that last minute decision, just let us know and we'll make room.

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby doug hodder » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:17 pm

Thanks Joanne....I'll just have to see what happens...I remember last year...Sue was here at my house, it was dumping rain and snow, floods down in the valley. Not exactly something I would want to be out pulling a tear in especially with every yahoo from the Bay area trying to get up skiing. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby tupelosue » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Doug, you are absolutely welcome in my space also. we can park both vehicles elsewhere if need be.

I'm needing info on winter driving pulling a teardrop as well. Other than the obvious things, like, go back home, slow down, etc, what are some guidelines?? DO ya chain up the teardrop?? or just the car. besides I have all wheel drive (I think...) and I know my last subaru did really well in snow and ice (according to my son...) so i'm hoping this one does as well

I'm still working out the details to drive to Moab, and will have a last minute Abort the Mission plan in effect. Hopefully trip to Death Valley will have the Sun Gods shining down. :fan:
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:09 am

Joanne wrote: <snip>
You know Gage, there is a rule that if you post in a gathering thread, you have to attend the gathering! So...what campsite ya got? I'll make the cobbler, you bring the fork. :lol:
Joanne

Believe me Joanne, Tanya and I were talking about it. But there is just no way this year. To much going on and besides I have some repair work to do on my teardrop and a teardrop to build. Maybe we can make this a yearly thing. You all enjoy and watch out for Larry S. I learned all my pot stirring techniques from him. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 am

Doug:

With all of those offers you better show up with your best waffle iron and some fantastic batter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I can't make it but I have other plans.
FYI, that other Kenskill showed up on e-bay for $1800, did not sell and now is up for $1500.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West